Anime Links

Once before, I kinda did this with my DVD watching. I would watch a series, then an episode would trigger me to remember another series, so I watch that, and so on and so on.

What I’m going to do is list two series and you need to guess what the connection is.

For example (using this as it’s breaking a rule I have for this topic), K-On and The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior

The answer to this is, in the K-On! High School manga that was released, Azusa happened to see Sawako without her make-up during the school culture festival and was freaked out. In Kawai, there was an episode in which Usa saw Watanabe without makeup, and he went on to assume makeup being scary.

The rules for how anime are linked as followed (For me, so if I break one by mistake, you can call me out, and in case someone else wants to give it a go at hosting):

• No manga only scenes (the reason I linked those two in my watching quest but decided to use it as an example)
  • No connections in terms of creations, like two used the same studio, had the same creator, voice actors, had a crossover etc. (Mine might be mostly Sentai, but that’s never the reason for the link)
  • Make an effort to only use examples in which can be tied to a few episodes, not because of how similar the stories are to each other (in my case, I can’t use Maid-Sama and Special A for this reason)
  • In line with the previous rule, you can choose to give the season if it’s a multiple season anime to limit what others have to think about
  • Unless asked for a hint, the answer should be given in a week if no one makes a guess or a week passed since the last guess

I might add to this if needed.

Anyway, first link!

Non Non Biyori Repeat and Place to Place

4 Likes

I am a complete fail at this one, I could count the number of anime I’ve seen with only my hands :frowning:

I was going to say something about snow, but That’s only in S1 of Non Non Biyori (and it’s strictly skiing, not a snowball fight like in Place to Place), not Repeat

They both mostly take place @ School.

1 Like

Not the answer, but for a hint, I’ll say that helps to limit what to focus on.

Rewatching Place to Place, I just noticed another link that can be made (unrelated to the hint) to the first season of Non Non Biyori.

Okay, answer time

Orignal Anwser

There’s a pool cleaning episode, and realistically, people would be seriously hurt in real life with what was going on.

Extra Answer

A cat punches a character!

I need to think up the next link, but if someone else wants to have a go, feel free to start.

2 Likes