The Legend of Zelda Series

No spoilers please. >.> <.< >.>

I heard most people are playing it in 2D rather than 3D.

shankajew wrote:

[quote]No spoilers please. >.> <.< >.>

I heard most people are playing it in 2D rather than 3D.[/quote]

Alright.
I mostly play with it. Switch it to 3D once a in a while and then when I feel I need to conserve battery life I put it in 2D.

shankajew wrote:

The game looks great in 3D, but people are playing it in 2D rather than 3D for a few reasons, one of those reasons is to conserve battery life. Another is the feature that lets you tilt the handheld to aim in first person, which isn’t really half bad at all, but the problem is if you tilt the system then the 3D gets kind of messed up.

Hornet65 wrote:

[quote]shankajew wrote:

The game looks great in 3D, but people are playing it in 2D rather than 3D for a few reasons, one of those reasons is to conserve battery life. Another is the feature that lets you tilt the handheld to aim in first person, which isn’t really half bad at all, but the problem is if you tilt the system then the 3D gets kind of messed up.[/quote]

Whenever you get a spiritual stone or a medallion, you can see it popping out of the screen. So cool.

Just saw this. It’s not to bad for people that already got it. They are pretty much getting their $80 dollars extra worth.

Trying to decide if I should get the The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Gold Remote Bundle or just get the standard release. Would be nice to have another remote with the motion plus built in. Good thing is November looks like it could be a light month for me so I can afford the extra $20.

shankajew wrote:

[quote]

@Psychopuppet I’d go for it, but I like having fancy non-generic remotes.[/quote]

Just the push I needed so went ahead and pre-ordered the bundle. Now I all I need is a gold nunchuk and my gold controllers will be complete.

psychopuppet wrote:

[quote]shankajew wrote:

[quote]

@Psychopuppet I’d go for it, but I like having fancy non-generic remotes.[/quote]

Just the push I needed so went ahead and pre-ordered the bundle. Now I all I need is a gold nunchuk and my gold controllers will be complete.[/quote]

I remember reading that they won’t release a gold nunchuk in conjunction with the gold remote, which is too bad since Nintendo used to be all about their variously colored accessories. You could always spray paint a white one. :stuck_out_tongue:

psychopuppet wrote:

[quote]shankajew wrote:

[quote]

Just the push I needed so went ahead and pre-ordered the bundle. Now I all I need is a gold nunchuk and my gold controllers will be complete.[/quote]

Another way of looking at this too is that Skyward Sword could be the last Zelda on the Wii 1 so might as well go out strong with the gold package.

Snowy Stampede wrote:

[quote]psychopuppet wrote:

[quote]

Just the push I needed so went ahead and pre-ordered the bundle. Now I all I need is a gold nunchuk and my gold controllers will be complete.

Another way of looking at this too is that Skyward Sword could be the last Zelda on the Wii 1 so might as well go out strong with the gold package.[/quote]

My way of looking at it, is if it’s Zelda related, and it’s gold… I have to have it. That’s how it went for Ocarina of Time and Majora’s Mask. I had the gold cartridges for both, though MM had a gold cartridge no matter what, but I had the one with that stupid hologram thing on it. I even went so far as to find a copy of the original zelda game for the NES in the gold cartridge… Zelda and gold just sort of go together I think.

Aonuma Teases Changes, New 3DS Support for The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D

A boss is being tweaked and new fishing locations are being added.

The Legend of Zelda series Producer Eiji Aonuma has shared a few new details regarding the upcoming The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask remake for Nintendo 3DS.

Speaking to Famitsu in a recent interview, Aonuma made it clear that the game will be modified in ways that accommodate new players. “Specifically speaking, parts that were conventions and weren’t explained at all are changed, and challenges which you realize by repeating many times are made easier to understand,” he said.

The three-day cycle will remain the same, but one of the boss battles will be altered and two new fishing areas are being added. Additionally, while the game won’t feature improved visuals on New 3DS, Aonuma did note that something for owners of the improved handheld is coming. “Please wait for the opportunity to discuss how playing on the New 3DS differs at a later date,” he teased.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D is set to launch this coming spring.

Oh boy! I can’t wait to hear about the New 3DS features I get to experience with the New 3DS I can’t buy! :angry:

I just want to give Nintendo my money :frowning:

Maybe both will be released close to each other over here? (Not that I’m in a hurry to get it myself though)

I wasn’t much of a fan of MM (in no small part because of incorrect hype of the time elements and having to play with a kb&m) but it shouldn’t be dumbed down IMO.

Just make the game look better on the more capable handheld than it does on the less capable one, it sounds simple to me. Games on a new console ought to look better than games on its predecessor, it’s the natural expectation.

I first played MM at 1024*768p60 back in the 00s and it is tragic that the visual experience of that back then blows away what this new rerelease of it will give.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/09/28-1/video-the-legend-of-zelda-tri-force-heroes-preview-trailer-posted
September 28, 2015 11:05am CDT
Nintendo 3DS co-op game heads to the west on October 23

1 Like

Nintendo’s Takashi Tezuka Suggests Actress Should Play Link in Hypothetical Zelda Film

posted on 2015-09-27 17:15 EDT by Lynzee Loveridge

[size=16]Zelda Orchestra to Perform on The Late Show With Stephen Colbert[/size]
posted on 2015-10-06 01:15 EDT
October 13 episode to also feature The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes footage

[size=16]3DS Zelda Musou Hyrule All-Stars Game Video Highlights Tetra Combat[/size]
posted on 2015-11-07 10:00 EST
3DS version with limited editions ships in Japan on January 21

[size=16]The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Gets Wii U HD Port[/size]
posted on 2015-11-12 17:15 EST
Game will bundle Wolf Link amiibo

[size=16]New Legend of Zelda Tabletop Book Heading to Gamer Book Shelves[/size]
posted on 2015-11-30 22:15 EST by Lynzee Loveridge
The book is available now for US$29.00. It marks the first in a series comparing the localization changes and efforts in video game releases.