Video Game News & Discussion 2009-2017

Remaking the thread since PP said the other one was messing up. xD

Was it messing up? I know it was acting weird earlier, by starting page 5 before any posts were on it, but it seemed to work fine now. o.o

Err anyways, I have and have played SO3, and liked it a lot. One of the few things Squeenix has done right since the merger. I’m not typically a fan of real-time battles in JRPGs, but I enjoyed SO3’s battle system quite a bit. The sheer scale of SO4 is what really draws me to it.

PS3 will eventually get another price drop, I’m sure, but we’ll have to wait until E3 to see if one is coming this year. Price drops this gen have been pretty random and inconsistent so you never know I guess.
There are pictures floating around that are supposedly slim PS3 casings and boxes. Nobody has been able to confirm or deny it though. Personally, they don’t look genuine to me, but http://kotaku.com/5253475/are-these-the-first-pics-of-the-ps3-slim. If that turns out to be true, then it’s basically a PS3 with a case and logo redesigned to look more like its big bro, PS2.

As for building of PCs, I don’t regret having made this PC at all. It runs games pretty nicely, even though I’ve only got two. I’m sure I’ll have more eventually. Though, I honestly plan to build another rig later this year.

MOD EDIT: See Rules for posting articles.

Reposting this since after I posted it, I noticed a bug in the old thread.

I just saw Samurai Shodown 2 on Xbox LIVE while browsing the download to own section the other night. Never played it myself, but I did own the first in the series for the 3DO back in the day. Good series. As far as fighting games I was usually more into the older Virtua Fighter, Dead Or Alive or Street Fighter series.

Forgot to mention, I enjoyed playing Earthquake for some reason. It usually annoyed people. (And no, he was not my favorite character when I played for real).

I lucked out and got Condemned 2 the other day, brand new for twenty bucks!

[quote=fillet]
I lucked out and got Condemned 2 the other day, brand new for twenty bucks![/quote]

Not bad. I never played the original one, so I’d be leery about playing the sequel without knowing the back story.

I kind of lucked out and got The Simpsons Game for $20 used. So far it seems like a pretty solid platformer, considering games based on anything are usually crap. I love how they included new animation into the game–for a big Simpsons fan like myself, it’s definitely worth the $20 for that alone.

Well, this came as a shock to me since I hadn’t seen anything about it yet. I had to find out on a forum post and I thought it was a joke at first. Turns out it’s genuine though. I like TLAD a lot (and will like it even more once I replace my 360’s HDD and can actually FINISH it. <___< ) So naturally, I am looking forward to this a lot. Hopefully we’ll know more about it at E3.

Hmm… Metal Gear related game is confirmed, but what? The mystery thickens… Oh Kojima, you tease.

Idk if you guys know but MvC2 will be making its way to xbox and psn!!! So happy to see such a great game coming out. Also psn gets an exclusive demo >.>.

Also lil re6 news of the game being the last of its kind. Whatever that means…

[quote=Trooper_reborn]
Also lil re6 news of the game being the last of its kind. Whatever that means…[/quote]

Where’d you get that?

random search on my fone since i cant post links but from the mouth of jun himself

[quote=Eightdevil2]

[quote=fillet]
I lucked out and got Condemned 2 the other day, brand new for twenty bucks![/quote]

Not bad. I never played the original one, so I’d be leery about playing the sequel without knowing the back story.[/quote]

Dude! You get to smack crazed out things with random stuff you find on the ground and walls. You play as a detective that gets jacked by a serial killer and then framed for killing a couple cops by said nut job. It gets weird after that.

Kojima really knows how to rile fans up…

The teaser site now shows some new characters; We now have:
P, R, 5 or S, E, 3, e, O or 0, C, 6

Maybe multiplat? I don’t know, I see PS3 and 360 in there. Or the ‘3’ could be for E3 (e3?)… Also, that could be a ‘0’ or an ‘O’. This is one hell of a puzzle…

Oh also this:

Looks like Raiden, some say it could be Gray Fox…

AND THEN, Kojima also has http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/mask/ for some ‘Mask’ game… Complete with the following creepy-ass image.

I saw a video of Comdemned 2. Looks batshit crazy, definitely a game to invest in.

Sooo I’ve decided I’m going to mod my PSP using Pandora’s Battery. Before I do that, though, I’ll have to buy a memory stick which can hold more than 32 MB. Man, I haven’t played the PSP for four years… about the same time I got it.

It’ll be great to play some of the games I enjoyed as a kid though. The PSP finally has a purpose.

I have to keep my Wii till I beat this game

http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14288376/no-more-heroes-2/videos/nomoreheroes2_052809.html

[quote=Trooper_reborn]
That is raiden 8D!! It has to be unless its null lol.[/quote]

That’s what I’m assuming, but as some people have pointed out, Raiden has blue eyes and the person there has brown eyes. So, It’s hard to say for certain it’s Raiden. :silly:

I actually find it kind of funny/ironic. People all b!tched and complained about playing as Raiden in MGS2, and now everybody wants a new MGS game starring Raiden. xD
I guess people are sick of Snake/Big Boss now… Or maybe people just really like the bad-ass cyborg-ish Raiden from 4…

its how badass he becamr i mean that fight with him and… Umm drawing a blank here but mr. Imortal guy was just epic. Shame on myself for not knowing

[quote=Trooper_reborn]
its how badass he became i mean that fight with him and… Umm drawing a blank here but Mr. Immortal guy was just epic. Shame on myself for not knowing[/quote]

Vamp.

Raiden sure did go through some changes… I really need to get a PS3 eventually so I can play MGS4. <__<

The videos are not that big of a deal, only 10 second long CG videos. The reason I am posting this is because of SC:C. What… what did they DO to that game? Originally, Conviction was going to be in a more urban kind of setting. You were gonna be able to use various things in the environment as weapons and use the general populace to blend in. Also, I liked the new longer hair/ full bearded look of Sam. Well, apparently Ubisoft decided that was all too fresh and original and quickly changed it to resemble ALL the other Splinter Cell games. I can only imagine how this idea came about…

“Oh… My… God… What have we done guys? We’ve created a fresh Splinter Cell game! Why?! Quickly, change the entire game, make it like the others! Make Sam Fischer look identical to the way he has always looked! Let’s hit the reset button on this! /panic”

“Phew, well, we did it guys! We managed to make Conviction just like all the previous Splinter Cell games. Good thing too! We almost ended up with a fresh, innovative and original game! Boy would that have been a mistake!”

Bah, what a stupid thing for Ubisoft to have done. =\

i would rather play the same personally… Like what they had before woth him in the city was just not splinter cellish for me. I would play assassins creed if i wanted that. I wanna break trough the cia and kidnap someone.

Just got Gold. Gamertag is Bebop Derek, iff’n you fancy a round in Left 4 Dead.