The Seven Deadly Sins / Nanatsu no Taizai (Aniplex)

The Seven Deadly Sins / Nanatsu no Taizai

Genres: adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy
Objectionable content: Significant
Plot Summary: In a world where humans and non-humans have not yet been separated, the kingdom of Leones is protected by the Holy Knights, powerful magic users both revered and feared by the people. Supposedly the strongest, most fearsome of these knights, the Seven Deadly Sins, betrayed the kingdom and made enemies of all the other knights. Queen Elizabeth doesn’t believe this story, and sets out to find the Sins - but when she meets the first Sin at a tavern, his name is Melodias, and he’s nothing but a boy in charge of the pigs.
Number of episodes: 24
Vintage: 2014-10-05

ANN Info Page

The Seven Deadly Sins -Signs of Holy War- / Nanatsu no Taizai -Seisen no Shirushi-

Genres: adventure, comedy, fantasy
Number of episodes: 4
Vintage: 2016-08-28 to 2016-09-18
Plot Summary: Taken the kingdom of Leones back from Holy Knights, the Seven Deadly Sins, along with Elizabeth and Hawk, can finally enjoy peaceful lives they earned. However, with premonitions of a new threat are looming, their happy, ordinary days are about to end soon.

ANN Info Page

The Seven Deadly Sins: Revival of The Commandments / Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu

Genres: adventure, fantasy
Plot Summary: Melodias, Hawk, and Elizabeth retook the Kingdom of Leones from the Holy Knights. The festival went off without a hitch and the crew enjoyed their well-earned peace. And yet, another threat looms on the horizon. The Ten Commandments, a group of elite demon clan warriors, have their sights set on the kingdom.
Number of episodes: 24
Vintage: 2018-01-06

ANN Info Page

The Seven Deadly Sins: Wrath of the Gods / Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin

Genres: adventure, fantasy
Plot Summary: The Seven Deadly Sins have saved the kingdom of Liones from the invading demons. However, Camelot is still under the occupation of the Ten Commandments, and the Sins are scattered. Meanwhile, in the Fairy King’s forest, King and Diane start to learn the truth about the previous war, 3,000 years ago.
Number of Episodes: 24
Vintage: 2019-10-09

ANN Info Page

The Seven Deadly Sins: Dragon’s Judgement / Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan

Number of Episodes: 24
Vintage: 2021-01-06

ANN Info Page

The Seven Deadly Sins: Four Knights of the Apocalypse / Nanatsu no Taizai Mokushiroku no Yon-kishi

Plot Summary: Percival has always lived with his grandfather on God’s Finger, a remote haven that sits high above the clouds. And though he loves the simple life, he secretly longs for adventure. But Percival’s life is changed forever when an intruder—who shares a shocking connection with him—tears away everything he’s ever known. With nothing left to do but chase down the one who took everything from him, Percival sets out on his own. During his journey, the sheltered boy discovers that there are a lot of things he doesn’t know about normal life. Luckily, he meets friends along the way who can help him get by—but how will they react when they find out about Percival’s destiny… and how it’s connected to the end of the world.
Vintage: 2023-10-08; Cour 2: 2024-01-07

ANN Info Page

The Seven Deadly Sins: Four Knights of the Apocalypse 2 / Nanatsu no Taizai Mokushiroku no Yon-kishi 2

Vintage: 2024-10

ANN Info Page

Nanatsu no Taizai (OAV) Vintage: 2015-06-17
The Seven Deadly Sins the Movie: Prisoners of the Sky Vintage: 2018-08-18
The Seven Deadly Sins: Cursed By Light (movie) - Vintage: 2021-07-02
The Seven Deadly Sins: Grudge of Edinburgh (movies) - Vintage: 2022-12-20 (Part 1); 2023-08-08 (Part 2)

1 Like

The Seven Deadly Sins Fantasy Manga Gets TV Anime

posted on 2014-04-11 04:00 EDT
Nakaba Suzuki’s Nanatsu no Taizai adventure story has 3 million in circulation

The Seven Deadly Sins Anime’s Game, Cast, Staff Announced

posted on 2014-08-01 11:40 EDT
Anime of Nakaba Suzuki’s fantasy manga to premiere on October 5

The Seven Deadly Sins Anime’s 2nd TV Spot Stars Meliodas

posted on 2014-08-10 06:35 EDT
Adaptation of Nakaba Suzuki’s manga starring Yuuki Kaji, Sora Amamiya premieres on October 5

The Seven Deadly Sins Anime’s Theme Songs, Game Detailed

posted on 2014-08-12 10:15 EDT
Ikimono-gakari, FLOW, GRANRODEO to perform themes; Namco Bandai to release 3DS title

Aoi Yūki Joins The Seven Deadly Sins Anime’s Cast

posted on 2014-08-17 07:30 EDT
Yūki’s character Diane previewed in TV spot for October anime

Tatsuhisa Suzuki Joins The Seven Deadly Sins Anime’s Cast

posted on 2014-08-25 00:10 EDT
Suzuki’s character Ban previewed in TV spot for October anime

Jun Fukuyama Joins The Seven Deadly Sins Anime’s Cast

posted on 2014-08-31 11:53 EDT
Fukuyama’s character King previewed in TV spot for October anime

Mamoru Miyano Joins The Seven Deadly Sins Anime’s Cast

posted on 2014-09-07 06:30 EDT
Miyano’s character Gilthunder previewed in TV spot for October anime

The Seven Deadly Sins Anime’s New TV Spot Previews Theme Song

posted on 2014-09-14 07:04 EDT
Ikimono-gakari performs opening for October 5 series starring Yuuki Kaji, Sora Amamiya, Mamoru Miyano, more

The Seven Deadly Sins Anime’s New TV Spot Previews FLOW, GRANRODEO Song

posted on 2014-09-21 08:30 EDT
Series starring Yuuki Kaji, Sora Amamiya, Mamoru Miyano, more premieres October 5

Mariya Ise, Marina Inoue, Ryohei Kimura Join The Seven Deadly Sins Cast

posted on 2014-09-29 02:05 EDT
Holy Knights Guila, Jericho, Hauser in TV anime premiering October 5

The Seven Deadly Sins Anime Listed at 24 Episodes

posted on 2014-10-04 23:57 EDT

Yuya Uchida, Katsuyuki Konishi, Ryotaro Okiayu Join The Seven Deadly Sins Cast

posted on 2014-10-11 02:45 EDT
Hendricksen, Dreyfus, Helbram in TV anime that premiered this month

Hisako Kanemoto, Takahiro Sakurai Join The Seven Deadly Sins Anime Cast

posted on 2014-10-20 13:40 EDT
Kanemoto will play Veronica, while Sakurai will play Griamor

The Seven Deadly Sins Anime Casts Yurie Kobori, Tomoyuki Shimura

posted on 2014-10-27 13:25 EDT
Megumi Han, Cho, Atsushi Ono, Nobuyuki Hiyama play Weird Fangs

Nozomi Furuki, Emiri KatĹŤ Join The Seven Deadly Sins Cast

posted on 2014-11-17 14:20 EST
Furuki will play Ellen and KatĹŤ will play Luigi

Man With A Mission, Alisa Takigawa Perform The Seven Deadly Sins’ New Songs

posted on 2014-12-21 06:40 EST
“Seven Deadly Sins” opening, “Season” ending to debut next year

Seven Deadly Sins Casts Maaya Sakamoto as Merlin

posted on 2015-03-02 11:30 EST

The Seven Deadly Sins Manga to Bundle OVA Episode About Ban

posted on 2015-03-16 14:40 EDT
Limited edition volume to ship June 17 in Japan

Retailer: 2nd The Seven Deadly Sins OVA to be Bundled With Manga

posted on 2015-04-17 08:45 EDT
New episode to be an omnibus of short stories featuring main characters

2nd Seven Deadly Sins OVA to Compile 9 Short Stories

posted on 2015-05-11 03:30 EDT
DVD bundled with 16th manga volume to ship on August 12

The Seven Deadly Sins Manga Gets New TV Anime in 2016

posted on 2015-09-27 04:55 EDT
Main staff, cast return for more based on Nakaba Suzuki’s manga

“Seven Deadly Sins” Begins Streaming on Netflix

November 01, 2015 7:50pm CST
See who’s in the dub cast

Aww, no Vic, Cherami, “Haberkreeper” or any of the other TX VAs who went out to CA?

The last time I heard Cason direct Bryce it was alright. Maybe I’ll give this a shot.

I checked out the show dubbed. The dub is surprisingly solid (Chris Cason should direct more Bang/Zoom dubs) but I missed the memo that this is designed to be a kids’ show.

Err, what? I haven’t had time to check out the anime yet, but really, it’s a kids show? The current point of the manga is much too dark to be consider a kids show (unless you 4Kids the story)

It seemed like it to me. Maybe it gets down to business after episode 1?

Episode 1 definitely didn’t jibe with the ultra-dark, “akame ga kill-esque” accounts I’ve heard of the manga.

Actually, I’m not sure the “Akame Ga Kill-esque” stuff is in the anime, IIRC (which is never a good thing to go by) by the time that type of stuff starts to appear, it would be after a break in the manga to make a good stopping point for the anime to reach in a season.

As I only watch Netflix stuff on my tablet, and I haven’t had time to watch stuff on there over whatever I do watch on a computer… (My tablet is basically a manga reading device now, been too tired by the time I get around to using my tablet to read manga, so I get a little bit behind)

I stumbled on this one via Netflix, good so far. I swear, I recognize the voice of that pig…

Vee for victory lol.

The show is kinda fun to watch, but this really could have been on Toonami back when it was an afternoon programming block for kids. Take away the stereotypical Japanese perviness and this might struggle to even get a “TV Y7” rating lol.

1 Like

I don’t know, episode 2 had that young (looking) guy taking advantage of the situation to the fullest extent :stuck_out_tongue:

“Seven Deadly Sins” Inspires Shoujo Parody Spin-Off

Scott Green - November 28, 2015 5:25pm EST
Manga runs in “Aria”

King Arthur and the Seven Deadly Sins

by Rebecca Silverman, Jan 1st 2016
Netflix’s history-drenched shonen action hit dabbles in Arthurian legend most of all.

Seven Deadly Sins Gets 4-Week TV Anime Special In August With Brand-New Story

posted on 2016-03-27 03:58 EDT
Nakaba Suzki pens story for The Seven Deadly Sins: Signs of holy war special

1 Like

The Seven Deadly Sins: Signs of holy war 4-Episode Special Premieres on August 28

posted on 2016-05-10 11:45 EDT

MUCC, Alisa Takigawa Perform Themes for 4-Episode Seven Deadly Sins Anime

posted on 2016-06-21 18:40 EDT
Manga’s 1st volume has more than 1 million copies in print

The Seven Deadly Sins -Signs of Holy War- TV Special’s Ad Previews Opening Theme Song

posted on 2016-08-09 00:35 EDT
MUCC performs theme song “CLASSIC” for television special premiering August 28

New Commercial Showcases “The Seven Deadly Sins: Signs Of Holy War” Anime

August 15, 2016 8:45am CDT
Fantasy action series returns to anime this month

The Seven Deadly Sins -Signs of Holy War- Anime Special’s 2nd Promo Video Previews Original Story

posted on 2016-08-26 04:45 EDT
Manga author Nakaba Suzuki writes story for 4-episode anime premiering on August 28