Un-Go

UN-GO

Watch on HIDIVE

Genres: drama, mystery, psychological, science fiction, supernatural
Themes: detective, politics, post-war
Objectionable content: Significant
Plot Summary: Yuki Shinjuru is known as “The Defeated Detective”. He is searching for something, either individual or an object, and he is always accompanied by Inga, a mysterious entity that he coerced by tempting him/her that he will show him/her truth of humans. Although, his deductions are always correct, it is often cast into the darkness by Kaisho Rinroku and conspiracy of the current government.
Number of episodes: 11
Vintage: 2011-10-13 to 2011-12-22

ANN Info Page

Un-Go episode:0 Inga-ron (movie) Vintage: 2011-11-19

Press Release

Per PR:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SENTAI FILMWORKS LICENSES “UN-GO”

HOUSTON, Nov 8, 2011—Sentai Filmworks is proud to announce the acquisition of UN-GO (pronounced An Go,) the eagerly awaited new series from Fuji TV’s prestigious noitaminA animation block and mega animation studio BONES. Loosely inspired by a collection of detective stories by Japanese literary giant Ango Sakaguchi, the all star production transposes the action to a gritty near future, post war Tokyo, and is helmed by director Seiji Mizushima (Full Metal Alchemist, Mobile Suit Gundam 00, Daiguard) with a storyline by his Full Metal Alchemist collaborator Shou Aikawa (Blood Reign: Curse of the Yoma, Martian Sucessor Nadesico, Ghost Slayers Ayashi.) In yet another unique twist, character design duties will be split between illustrator pako (Rental Magika) and Loveless and Earthian manga creator Yun Kouga (Mobile Suit Gundam 00.)

He pursues his job as the ‘Last Great Detective’. Others call him the ‘Defeated Detective’. What’s certain is that he’s Shinjurou Yuuki, a young man with a passion for mysteries and a talent for solving them that has made him the target of dark forces now stirring within the sinister underworld of a near future Tokyo. That could prove lethal, given that not even the other ‘good guys,’ including the police, are exactly on Shinjouro’s side. Fortunately Yuuki’s not completely on his own, and with the aid of his uniquely talented associate Inga, he’s ready to cut a swath through the veils of secrecy that have been laid before him. Get ready for mind against matter and a lot of cloak and dagger as the ultimate battle of clue and deduction begins in UN-GO!

UN-GO will soon be available digitally through many outlets, with a home video release next year on DVD and Blu-Ray.

About Sentai Filmworks:
Sentai Filmworks is one of the fastest-growing anime companies in North America, including hit series like Highschool of the Dead, Guin Saga, Needless, Canaan and Angel Beats. Sentai Filmworks programs can be found on home video distributed by Ingram Entertainment, Baker & Taylor, Section23Films, The Right Stuf and other good and fine distributors. Digital product offerings may be found at iTunes, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, Zune Marketplace, Anime Network, Playstation Network and YouTube.

I am enjoying this one very much! I always like a good mystery and the stories so far are very good.

Looks like it’s getting a dub, since it’s being released on BD.
Unless they’ve changed their minds on sub-only BDs.

Anime Network Press Release

Anime Network to Stream UN-GO Online

HOUSTON, TX — Nov. 8, 2011 — Broadcast and digital distributor Anime Network announced the acquisition of the all new detective/mystery anime UN-GO, for their streaming service, Anime Network Online.

Director Seiji Mizushima (Eureka Seven, Slayers Next) and studio BONES (No.6, Xam’d: Lost Memories) invite you to witness the never ending struggle of a failed detective and his quirky assistant to unravel mysteries, solve cases, and finally get a little recognition in UN-GO.

Starting on Sunday, November 13th, the series will begin streaming online at 3 PM Eastern with a new episode available every week. Each episode will also be available on the free, ad-supported Hulu service, as well as the Hulu Plus subscription service, within 24 hours. Distribution on additional services and platforms will follow in 2012.

ABOUT THE SERIES

Shinjurou Yuuki: The Last Great Detective…or the “Defeated Detective”, depending on who you ask. With a love of mysteries and a knack for solving them, the young man’s prodigious talents have made him the target of some less than savory people in a near future Tokyo. What’s worse, his fellow policemen are not even on his side! With only his quirky assistant Inga, Yuuki must evade friend and foe alike in order to finally prove that he’s the best in UN-GO!

WHERE:

Anime Network Online: < www.theanimenetwork.com >
Hulu and Hulu Plus: < www.hulu.com/network/anime-network >

RELEASE SCHEDULE:

Sundays at 3 PM Eastern, starting November 13th on Anime Network Online; available on Hulu and Hulu Plus within 24-hours.

All 11 episodes will be available to Guest Users.

Episode 1 (Sub) is live at ANO

Pretty interesting so far, Inga’s “must answer one question” thing reminds me of Lelouch’s Geass. :huh:

Un-Go episode:0 Anime Prequel Film’s Teaser Streamed

posted on 2011-11-18 10:00 EST
Un-Go episode:0 Inga-ron to open Saturday for 2-week run

Episode 2 (Sub) is live at ANO

I love this show! Inga fascinates me to no end! I would love to see that prequel movie too. It looks like it would answer some questions.

“Un-Go” Anime Relationship Grids Available in English

November 20, 2011 3:51pm CST
Fuji TV Posts Officially Translated Character Relationship Grids on English Site

REVIEW: “Un-Go” Anime Episode 0 - Inga Ron

November 21, 2011 11:07am CST
The theaters-only prequel episode answers Un-Go fans’ burning question in 45 intense minutes

Episode 3 (Sub) is live at ANO

Episode 4 (Sub) is live at ANO

Episode 5 (Sub) is live at ANO

Episode 6 (Sub) is live at ANO

Episode 6 –

An odd mystery, but I’m glad the man was reunited with his children. I’m happy that he didn’t end up killing his unstable wife. But when Shinjurou visits the other prisoner that calls himself a novelist of reality, he reveals that he meant for Yajima to kill his wife. I am curious as to who this prisoner really is and why he tells Shinjurou that he has chosen him to be the last great detective. When the girl appears in his cell, Shinjurou seems surprised, but he also seems to recognize her. Interesting. And perhaps Kaishou seems to know what Inga is.

Un-Go episode:0 BD/DVD to Include Inga Nikki Mini-Anime

posted on 2011-12-21 12:15 EST
Prequel to Bones’ mystery anime to also have opening-day footage, commentaries

Sentai Filmworks Confirms License of Un-Go Episode 0

posted on 2011-12-23 17:15 EST
Prequel to Bones’ mystery anime ran in Japanese theaters last month

Good to know. It’s always great when they include OVAs, prequels, and the like. I keep meaning to check this one out and just haven’t got around to it.

Episode 7 (Sub) is live at ANO