Your recently legal bought ADV/Sentai/Happy Carrot/Switchblade/Maiden Japan Media

Bought today:

Gintama The Motion Picture
Kurenai Complete Collection
Maria Holic Complete Collection (Season 1)
Maria Holic Alive Complete Collection (Season 2)
Rozen Maiden Complete Collection (all 3 series)
Shin Koihime Muso Complete Collection (Season 2)
Shin Koihime Muso: Otome Tairan (Season 3)
Taisho Baseball Girls Complete Collection
Utakata: The Complete Series

I have the following on order (just waiting on shipping info):

K-On!! Collection 1 (From Amazon, bought to allow the $25 free shipping on something else I bought)
K-On!! Collection 2
Psychic Squad Collection 4

RightStuf might ship K-On!! C2 before Amazon does however…

[quote=“miquelfire”]I have the following on order (just waiting on shipping info):

K-On!! Collection 1 (From Amazon, bought to allow the $25 free shipping on something else I bought)
K-On!! Collection 2
Psychic Squad Collection 4

RightStuf might ship K-On!! C2 before Amazon does however…[/quote]

Got K-On!! Collection 1 yesterday.

Birthday gift:

Angel Beats: The Complete Collection (really enjoyed this series, glad my friend got it for me :slight_smile: )

K-On!! Collection 2 should be in my mailbox today.

Got a few days ago:
Croisee in a Foreign Labyrinth - Complete Collection $29.99
MDetroit Metal City: The Animated Series $15.99
Heaven’s Memo Pad - Complete Collection Blu-ray $39.99

Sadly RightStuf won’t let me legally “Go To Dee Emu Shi” until November as all my Sentai stuff is entangled with my November Funimation orders.

How’d you get Memmo Pad for 2 bucks under the current RS rate?

[quote=“celestial_being”]Sadly RightStuf won’t let me legally “Go To Dee Emu Shi” until November as all my Sentai stuff is entangled with my November Funimation orders.

How’d you get Memmo Pad for 2 bucks under the current RS rate?[/quote]

They’ll untangle it, don’t worry. It may take a week or two, but they will.

Order 1:
Ninja Scroll Blu-ray (Hyb) $13.49
Penguin Drum Blu-ray Collection 1 (Hyb) $37.79

Order 2:
Bodacious Space Pirates Blu-ray Collection 1 (Hyb) $37.79
Mardock Scramble: The Second Combustion Blu-ray (Hyb) Director’s Cut $21.59

I am going to skip the rest of OCT. and NOV. stuff I want to next sale. Just need to save a little fore other things.

[quote=“celestial_being”]

How’d you get Memo Pad for 2 bucks under the current RS rate?[/quote]

At the time I made my order the system let me apply a coupon for some reason.

[quote=“miquelfire”]

[quote=“celestial_being”]Sadly RightStuf won’t let me legally “Go To Dee Emu Shi” until November as all my Sentai stuff is entangled with my November Funimation orders.

They’ll untangle it, don’t worry. It may take a week or two, but they will.[/quote]

They did untangle it. Which is actually brutal as now I’ll get charged sooner than expected and my Bargain Bin Blind Buys won’t come in with my main order. I’ve taken to getting those bargain bin items as the element of randomness makes ordering from RS more fun for me.

I’m not liking this new Section23 sale, the timing is screwy and I’m sure it is that way on purpose. Luckily the sale price for PenguinDrum is the same price as my pre-sale preorder price. Though my preorder price, and the sale price, are higher than psychopuppet’s listed price. Sad.

Though what is really brutal is that I haven’t anything else to put into my RS order for Mardock Scramble, which got left out of my previous preordering. This is a problem as all RS orders have to be at least 50 bucks. Money directly paid to RS for shipping is money that I’m not spending on anime, and that’s not cool IMO.

[quote=“celestial_being”]

[quote=“miquelfire”]

They’ll untangle it, don’t worry. It may take a week or two, but they will.[/quote]

They did untangle it. Which is actually brutal as now I’ll get charged sooner than expected and my Bargain Bin Blind Buys won’t come in with my main order. I’ve taken to getting those bargain bin items as the element of randomness makes ordering from RS more fun for me.

I’m not liking this new Section23 sale, the timing is screwy and I’m sure it is that way on purpose. Luckily the sale price for PenguinDrum is the same price as my pre-sale preorder price. Though my preorder price, and the sale price, are higher than psychopuppet’s listed price. Sad.

Though what is really brutal is that I haven’t anything else to put into my RS order for Mardock Scramble, which got left out of my previous preordering. This is a problem as all RS orders have to be at least 50 bucks. Money directly paid to RS for shipping is money that I’m not spending on anime, and that’s not cool IMO.[/quote]

My prices reflect my got anime discount. It pays for itself after a studio sale for me. Basically while the sale price is $41.99 my got anime takes it down to $37.79. Their is a few times the got anime does not work like weekly and bargain bin deals, but like I said usually one studio sale it has paid for the rest of the year.

On too many of my orders my GotAnime discount isn’t applied.

The thing does pay for itself several times over per year, which makes me ask why we even need the darn thing in the first place. Just give us the cheaper price and be done with it <- my stance on all retailer “club cards”

Retailer loyalty cards are more about research and marketing than just giving lower prices. They provide retailers with valuable info about their customers and encourage higher customer loyalty. Plus, it makes sense to give your best discounts to your best customers.

Purchasing from RS online requires an account which provides tracking anyhow, without a pointless card that requires an easily-recouped* 12 dollar fee per year. Purchasing by mail-order/phone/fax (I wonder what Luddites still use those options) still seems eminently trackable sans card. Even with the card, I’ve found that RS is often more expensive than other websites when ordering shows that are already out. Preordering stuff well in advance generally puts the price in RS’ favor but even when it doesn’t, they ship items out so early that I’m willing to consider a higher rate from them, in this instance, to be an acceptable premium for that service. As an example, during the Funimation sale on RS a week or 2 ago it was still cheaper for me to order both parts of Shiki (again) from Amazon.

Does RS give better discounts to its “best” customers? That would be news to me, and sour my perception of RS significantly.

*Unfortunately preorders, sale orders, and bargain bin orders seldom count towards recouping the 12 dollar fee, and those are what I buy the most of.

Ordered today:

Allison & Lillia Complete Collection
Croisee in a Foreign Labyrinth Complete Collection
Maid Sama Complete Collection
Mardock Scramble: The First Compression
Someday’s Dreamers Complete Collection

Psychic Squad Collection 4 finally shipped. USPS is not listing a date it will arrive yet, but I predict Thursday. I predict I won’t be able to watch it until Saturday or Sunday however. VoD update and all that

[edit] Prediction is true.

I just got in the mail.

Clannad After Story Blu-ray
Dream Eater Merry Blu-ray

Bought at Nekocon:
This Ugly Yet Beautiful World disc 1-3
The World God Only Knows season 2 Blu-ray

Brother bought:
Ninja Scrolls Blu-ray
Clannad After Story DVD complete collection

Looks like I won this tonight over at the FP raffle

● Children Who Chase Lost Voices Blu-ray