Yumeria

Yumeria

Genres: adventure, comedy, fantasy, romance
Themes: harem
Objectionable content: Significant
Number of episodes: 12
Vintage: 2004-01-08 to 2004-03-25

Plot Summary: (TAN)
Take a half-dozen scantily clad gals, a sixteen-year-old with newfound supernatural powers, and an army of unstoppable enemies… What do you have? Just another day in the life of Tomokazu Mikuri, the bumbling hero of Yumeria! It could have been a dream come true for this girl-crazy loser, but the more time he spends trying to save the world, the more it becomes a nightmare. It doesn’t help that his curvaceous crew of housemates and heroines have taken an interest in super-skimpy swimsuits! But if Tomokazu doesn’t rein in his hormones, the evil enemies will defeat mankind without a fight. On the other hand, if this disc weren’t packed with skirt-chasing, peek-taking, half-naked, bouncing, blushing mishaps, it just wouldn’t be the oh-so-revealing second volume of Yumeria!

Yumeria info on ANN

Sentai Filmworks Press Release

Though it’s pretty much your typical harem series with a little bit of action, the localization & perversion make for some truely hilarious moments. This series plays heavily on fetishes. Though, the perversity lends to the humor, as it’s quite hilarious.

All the VAs did such an awesome job with this one, which makes it all the more fun to watch, the Mone thing does tends to grate from time to time however, even with me.

But the thing that stands out most in this series for me (like everything I watch) is the soundtrack. Man I love it! It’s got that SNES/PS game feel to it that I just adored about most of the older games I loved.

It’s a fun show certainly, especially for those who like the harem/comedy genre. I too thought the ADV dub made this all the more entertaining.

I like it from some of the episodes I caught on VOD. I especially liked the teacher, he’s hilarious. I’ll buy this on DVD when I get some extra cash flow.

That’s much better! Thank you!

Blog: Wednesday Wabi-Sabi, March 6, 2012

Hmmm… I notice it mentions that Sentai was slashing the price. Shouldn’t that be ADV? :wink:

:ohmy: Ooooo…someone let slip a future Sentai license rescue, ala Getbackers and Orphen, ooooo :ohmy:

Looks like this was just added back on to ANO.

Episodes 01-12 (Dub) are now LIVE!

I had forgotten that ADV had done anything with this series.

I remember watching the sub, thinking that it had promise of being a decent show based on its intrinsic merits (eg:plot, characters, writing) but then I realized how wrong I was and I watched the show crash and burn.

I never went back for the dub. Perhaps that extrinsic merit (just because) will make it worthy, much like Orphen or Ghost Stories. I have my doubts, of course, but could the dub not make it hilarious? I ask you :wink:

Thanks for pointing this out. If only shows never left streaming services…

[quote=“celestial_being”]
If only shows never left streaming services…[/quote]

Licenses don’t last forever.

Cover art has been posted.