Aniplex News

So AoA is another business that is formally ignoring regular fans that want physical media and don’t want to be super collectors. Frankly I still think they will eventually fail in the North American market, I wish them “interesting times” before they get to that point.

Mark Gosdin

1 Like

I don’t see where they’re getting their metrics for what is worth dubbing from as Funi dubs most all of their stuff and they’re still in business.

Last time I had an Aniplex BD in my bluray drive I don’t recall it being a fully-filled BD-50 disc so their low episode count for video quality excuse rings false for me.

1 Like

The low episode count is strictly a money making thing, has little to nothing to do with quality in my opinion.

Mark Gosdin

Otakon 2016 - August 13, 2016
Aniplex panel

A-1 Pictures’ Crazy Variety - IGN Anime Club Episode 62

A Meeting With Aniplex of America President Henry Goto

September 2, 2016

1 Like

I get where he’s coming from, but a string of mediocre to bad shows and Aniplex USA will crash and Burn.

:smile:

1 Like

I don’t understand how his model doesn’t “devalue the content” as, through its streaming, AoA is all but giving its content away for peanuts. Anyone who buys an AoA product is paying a premium for the privilege of the act of collecting it.

One puzzling quirk of AoA physical releases is that they’re all pushed as being a sort of “luxury good” but most some are kinda bare-bones.

Since they’re rather uniquely not focusing on maximizing “conversions”, turning viewers into buyers, I’m thinking that they must really be making bank on their streaming/toonami contracts.

1 Like

ANN Interview: Aniplex of America President Henry Goto

by Zac Bertschy, Sep 12th 2016

Aniplex Launches ‘Script Room’ Anime Writing & Production Group

posted on 2016-09-15 07:25 EDT
Sword Art Online director Tomohiko Ito heads group that will focus on new approach to writing anime

Aniplex Of America Shares English-Subtitled Trailer For HoneyWorks Inspired Anime Movie “I’ve Always Liked You”

September 19, 2016 6:30am CDT
Anime movie inspired by" Zutto Mae Kara Suki Deshita" from Vocaloid circle

FEATURE: The Importance of Aniplex’s Script Room

September 20, 2016 5:05pm CDT
How new blood can shake up the future of anime

1 Like

Join Bryce Papenbrook and Bang Zoom! at AkibaFest 2016!

NYCC - October 7, 2016
Aniplex Panel

Porter Robinson And A-1 Pictures Team Up On “Shelter”

October 14, 2016 11:43pm CDT
“Magi” staff worked on animated project

Porter Robinson Offers Details On “Shelter” Anime Collaboration’s Premise

October 17, 2016 6:08pm CDT
On October 18th, 10:15pm local time, “Shelter” will be playing on a gigantic video screen overlooking the trendy Shibuya Koen-Dori street

Watch Porter Robinson’s New Anime Music Video for “SHELTER”

October 18, 2016 1:02pm CDT
Created in association with A-1 Pictures and Crunchyroll

FEATURE: Found in Translation - Three Things You Didn’t Know About “SHELTER”

October 24, 2016 7:05pm CDT
What inspired Porter Robinson’s powerful music video?

FEATURE: Why It Works: SHELTER’s Animation Genius

November 05, 2016 11:05am CDT
Today we’ll explore the talents of one of the fantastic creators behind SHELTER!