Funimation News

I don’t rightly recall if we’ve gone down this road before but if you watched Aesthetica subbed then I can completely understand why brilliance didn’t come to mind during that show.

That’s what I’m leery of. The bluray versions of shows that they have that don’t sell will languish in warehouses until get sold off in a clearance sale and then anyone who finds out about the show after that point will be screwed out of a bluray. That’s how I see it playing out :frowning:

Pretty soon, DVD will be two generations of optical media behind as “BluRay 2.0” is nigh (Dec 2015). I’m starting to wonder if DVD will ever go away, if the “combo packs” of the future will be a UHD Bluray paired with a normal Bluray.

I doubt DVD will every “go away”, after all there are now vinyl record stores again after that format almost completely disappeared.

The problem with Blu-Ray is that it is Sony’s. The added cost of that kept the players from becoming commodity items as fast as they otherwise would have. I’d not seen anything about a Blu-Ray 2.0 until @celestial_being mentioned it , so it appears that it isn’t being pushed to the general public yet.

For the record my copy of Strike Witches 2 SAVE was a combo pack. I would not be surprised to find that Funimation may have a clause in some of their contracts that specifies a minimum selling price for Blu-Rays since reverse importation was such a big issue for the Japanese producers.

Mark Gosdin

I’m not so sure that DVD has the perks that have made vinyl return (eg:retro, larger album art space, analog audio). FTR I’d rather see DVD keep kicking around than the video equivalent of vinyl, LaserDisc, make a comeback lol.

We know Dragon Ball Z fans are some of the most enthusiastic out there! We’re always working to learn more about you, so that we can continue to deliver the best content possible. Please take a moment to fill out this quick survey to help us understand your anime fandom.
[size=16]TAKE THE SURVEY NOW[/size]

TO Movies: Elliptical Orbit / Symbiotic Planet - S.A.V.E. - AVAILABLE NOW!

###The Dream of Redemption in Haibane Renmei
by Nick Creamer, Jul 24th 2015

13:35:19 < bay|Ota|FUNimation > new project
13:35:20 <bay|Ota|FUNimation> Project Itoh
13:35:22 <bay|Ota|FUNimation> coming 2016
13:35:27 <bay|Ota|FUNimation> (noitamina movies)
13:35:43 <bay|Ota|FUNimation> film series based on the science fiction novels of Itoh
13:35:48 <bay|Ota|FUNimation> Genocidal Organ
13:35:49 <bay|Ota|FUNimation> coming 2016
13:36:14 <bay|Ota|FUNimation> Harmony
13:36:17 <bay|Ota|FUNimation> also coming 2016
13:36:23 <bay|Ota|FUNimation> (also part of the itoh series)

13:38:22 < bay|Ota|FUNimation > old school fans might appreciate this
13:38:41 <bay|Ota|FUNimation> Speed Racer
13:39:34 <bay|Ota|FUNimation> First time on Bluray
13:39:40 <bay|Ota|FUNimation> includes episodes never released in north america
13:39:50 <bay|Ota|FUNimation> available in japanese (w/ english subtitles) for the first time

###ANN: Funimation Licenses Speed Racer Anime
posted on 2015-07-25 16:42 EDT

###ANN: Funimation Licenses Project Itoh Films
posted on 2015-07-25 16:51 EDT

So did anyone ask if they are going to redub Mach Go Go Go?

I mean just like Sentai / ADV’s release of the Original Gatchaman. A modern Dub might help it a bit.

Oh and Funimation, while this is nice, It’s still not Legend of the Galactic Heroes :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

nope, it is not.
did a new dub help Initial D?
I now some might say Speed Racer is in a different class than D, but they’re both racing anime, and the live action Speed bomb, so…

initial d funi dub was inadequate, basically mid-tier broadcast dub grade, and Funi’s DVDs of the series were awkwardly released and had technical issues (letter and pillar boxed, almost as bad as Vandread)

Speed Grapher us movie was made by the matrix brother and sister post-2006. It’s meh was guaranteed.

Summer 2015 Simulcast Hype!

Peacemaker - Complete Series - Anime Classic

[size=16]FUNimation November 2015 Solicitations[/size]
8/17/2015
(Funimation Links)

Fafner The Complete Series & Movie - S.A.V.E. Blu-ray - 11/3/2015
Fafner The Complete Series & Movie - S.A.V.E. DVD - 11/3/2015
Fairy Tail Collection Five Blu-ray & DVD - 11/3/2015

Danganronpa The Complete Series Blu-ray/DVD - 11/10/2015
Danganronpa The Complete Series Blu-ray/DVD LE - 11/10/2015
One Piece Collection 14 - 11/10/2015
Buddy Complex The Complete Series Blu-ray/DVD - 11/17/2015

Dragonar Academy The Complete Series Blu-ray/DVD LE - 11/24/2015
Dragonar Academy The Complete Series Blu-ray/DVD - 11/24/2015
Eureka Seven AO The Complete Series - S.A.V.E. Blu-ray - 11/24/2015
Eureka Seven AO The Complete Series - S.A.V.E. DVD - 11/24/2015
Noein The Complete Series Blu-ray/DVD - 11/24/2015
Noein The Complete Series Blu-ray/DVD LE - 11/24/2015
Good Luck Girl The Complete Series - S.A.V.E. DVD - 11/24/2015

Whaaat?
Eureka AO SAVE edition; must have been a real stinker sales wise. Wonder if Fam will be next along with Shana season 3.

Buddy Complex for me. (Interesting to note that A: It isn’t dubbed and B: It does include the 2 part Concluding Specials

Dragonar Academy is borderline maybe, didn’t like the tentacle stuff in this one though. For those interested in this one, it should be the uncut version of the series

November 2015 Solicitations links fixed

Good haul for November.

Fafner, Noein (nice way to keep your collection updated) and Buddy Complex are what I’m considering.

Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero - Complete Series - S.A.V.E. - Coming Soon

[quote=“Slowhand, post:755, topic:191”]
FUNimation October 2015 Solicitations
Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero DVD S.A.V.E. Edition
Fairy Tail Part 17 BD/DVD
Ghost in the Shell Arise Borders 3 & 4
One Piece Season 7, Voyage 3
Dance in the Vampire Bund [DVD] S.A.V.E.[/quote]
Dragon Ball Z Resurrection ‘F’ - Collector’s Edition Blu-ray & DVD - 10/20/2015
Dragon Ball Z Resurrection ‘F’ Blu-ray & DVD
Dragon Ball Z Resurrection ‘F’ DVD

Pre-order Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’ and get an exclusive Shenron tee for $10!
Reserve your copy of Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’ today and get a FUNimation exclusive Shenron tee for just $10!
User Promo Code: DBZRFPreorder

even with the edition of DBZ, still nothing for me this Oct. month from Funi.
No surprise there.
:smirk:

1 Like