Funimation News

I had noticed that with Speed Grapher, too. I understand they may have not been able to get rights to “Girls On Film”, but to use the same generic open was lame. It’s almost like they have one open/close on the disk and keep pointing the different episodes to that open/close.

As far as skipping, I usually watch the open on the first episode in a session and then skip the endings and openings until the last episode on the disk, which I watch. With all I have to do, saving a few minutes on each end of all but the first and last episodes is a real help. In most cases I skip the previews-either they are just a title or I will be watching the episode in the next few seconds, so why watch the preview? They are designed to hook you so you’ll come back next week.

This is me not caring. You guys sure love nit-picking anything Funimation does, huh?

[quote=ZakuAce]
This is me not caring. You guys sure love nit-picking anything Funimation does, huh?[/quote]

You have to understand, Zaku, that in this area, it seems like the sun rises and sets on Funi. When I went to Tokyo In Tulsa last June, I was talking with a vendor and happened to mention Sentai Filmworks. She looked at me funny, so I tried to explain how it came from the old ADV. She said to me, “I thought ADV went out of business.” She wasn’t the only one who was clueless about anything not Funi.

I’m going to my first meeting of the Tulsa Anime Organization tomorrow. I’m sure I’ll run into a good deal of Funi-heads. I’ll let you know.

[quote=ZakuAce]
This is me not caring. You guys sure love nit-picking anything Funimation does, huh?[/quote]

They messed up they get a call out on it same way ADV and Geneon did when they were on top. My main problem is that when they do their English credits they seem to give very little credit to the people who actually made a show. Dubbing a show might not be a completely simple process ,but it certainly gives no right to take more credit then they deserve. I’ll give them they have good CS and marketing relations something Sentai seems to lack since no one can get an response when there is problems. Course that was a problem when they were ADV to.

-edit Jan 19-

For the Charter customers out there…
Charter added the FUNimation Subscription VOD to their line-up of Premium channels.
$6.99 a month.

Now we have anime coming out our ears, with, not one, but two anime SVOD channels!

Current Previews (01/19) in the Free Previews section:

[quote]Trigun
Eden of the East
Sacred Blacksmith[/quote]

And as fast as it appeared, it disappeared.

The FUNimation Free section seems to no longer exist now, in Free Previews or anywhere else, and I checked everywhere else in VOD it could possibly be.
I’ll keep an eye on it though, and post should it appear again.

Never saw it myself but might have just missed it.

[quote=ShawnMerrow]
Never saw it myself but might have just missed it.[/quote]

It was there for all of 4 hours, so that’s not too surprising that you missed it.

Plus, it could have been just be this area, since Charter is weird like that, and isn’t consistant from coast-to-coast in their programing.

The Funimation Channel is back in the Free Previews section and the Premium section.

Yeah, I noticed that earlier, and prompty forgot to post about it though.

Geuss I have to call them and find out how much the FUNi SVOD costs.
If it’s the same as TAN, I’ll probably get it.

If they don’t want to much will also get it.

Just got off the phone with them to check on the price.
It’s the same cost as TAN SVOD, $6.99, so I just went ahead and popped that on.

-edit-
I added the info to the bottom of the first post, as well as changed the title.

Seems fair will have to talk with the family.

[quote=TheCoffeeGod]
Just got off the phone with them to check on the price.
It’s the same cost as TAN SVOD, $6.99, so I just went ahead and popped that on.[/quote]

Did you have any problems getting it activated? I have yet to get it to work and the techs are stumped. My other VOD channels are working including TAN but no luck on the Funimation Channel. They have a tech scheduled to come test the line tomorrow.

[quote=ShawnMerrow]
Did you have any problems getting it activated? I have yet to get it to work and the techs are stumped. My other VOD channels are working including TAN but no luck on the Funimation Channel. They have a tech scheduled to come test the line tomorrow.[/quote]

Yeah, mine isn’t working either. I called them, and the tech I talked to said it should be working, but it still has that message to call them.

I remember when I first subscribed for TAN, I had the same problem, it took about a week to get it to accept that I had it.

I was going to wait it out until tomorrow, and if it still doesn’t work, I was going to hav a tech come out and play with it.

That is interesting, thanks for the quick reply.

It is now working for me. When I pulled up the channel the episode titles were still in gray but I was able to play one and then all the titles switched to white.

With luck Coffee yours should be working now to.

Sadly, no.
And I called them today just to get the run around, and apparently, they couldn’t even schedule a tech to come out because the computer wouldn’t let them, saying there was already a tech in the area working on it.
So I guess it’s a known problem.

Man, Charter has some screwy CSRs.

Speaking of which, since I can’t access it and you can, what series are on it currently?

TV is tied up currently but will get it to you later.

Here is the list.

Free Preview
Corpse Princess ep. 1
Eden of the East ep. 1
Phantom Requiem ep. 1
Sacred Blacksmith ep. 1
Trigun ep. 1

Premium
Corpse Princess ep. 2-9
Eden of the East ep. 5-8
Gun X Sword ep. 5-9
Oh! Edo Rocket 6-10