Need Sentai Filmworks animes on Toonami?

I even made a made this Toonami suggestion on Adultswim.com.

http://www.adultswim.com/bumps/chrisc78/toonami--suggestions.html

Only the first video that plays is mine.

I think they would try to put Gintama on TV. They said they want to dub that, but it’ll just fail without a TV deal.

i agree with you Vata_Raven, besides Gintama i like better subbed imo. i seen they brought Toonami back, which is awesome and got to see a new anime on there called Deadman Wonderland, very interesting for a Funimation title, most Funimation titles are either really gory or nothing but boobs anymore.

oh and to chrisc, most of the stuff you mentioned in your AS video can either be seen on Netflix, Hulu Plus, or on TAN, but to each his own , don’t want to cause any trouble.

Really…Clannad/AS on AS/Toonami?
Seriously…?

K-On? Now I know you’re just being silly… :silly:

I think they should add Needless to AS/Toonami. It seem like a good show to be added.

Angel Beats would be a good fit, so would Sakura Wars.

[quote=“Animefan34” post=117039]

i agree with you Vata_Raven, besides Gintama i like better subbed imo. i seen they brought Toonami back, which is awesome and got to see a new anime on there called Deadman Wonderland, very interesting for a Funimation title, most Funimation titles are either really gory or nothing but boobs anymore.

oh and to chrisc, most of the stuff you mentioned in your AS video can either be seen on Netflix, Hulu Plus, or on TAN, but to each his own , don’t want to cause any trouble.[/quote]

Casshern Sins is too, so it shouldn’t be a very large obsticle.

Nope, Sakura Wars is “too” old, has girls as the main heroes, and is not “flashy” enough for today’s “discriminating” “fans” (GitS, notwithstanding, for the girl part.)

Angel Beats, maybe, if they prop it up right: maybe advertise it as a “Lost” style show, but with more action and gun play…and a better ending… :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, I don’t watch anything subbed, unless it’s my yaoi…and I’m still only watch that once and never again. Hell, I never seen Gintama, I’m only picking up the movie because Chris Patton is voicing the main guy, he even suggested the title to me.

oh Vata, you are missing out Gintama might be one of the funniest animes i have seen in a while. the whole subbed vs. dubbed debate always puzzled me. about the only way i won’t watch a subbed anime is if the japanese voice is annoying (See Dragonball Z subbed and try to sit through Goku’s voice for 5 minutes lol he sounds like a 14 boy going through puberty, so wrong!!)

oh and @Dragonrider_Cody i totally forgot about Casshern sins being on netflix, thanks for the reminder i may have to watch it sometime.

I just don’t watch subbed anime, as I do too much to be reading the screen, there is enough dubbed anime out there to were I don’t need sub-only anime.

But it may not be funny to me. I mean people say Shin-chan, Oh! Edo Rocket, Hetalia, and Sgt. Frog are funny…but I just find them stupid. Those gag dubs are just stupid to me. We already have our own mindless stupid American cartoons, we don’t need Japan’s, too.

I find My Bride is a Mermaid funny, that’s the only I really own that brings the laughs.

I found Shin Chan funny from time to time, and I enjoyed Ghost Stories in much the same way. I really can’t marathon them though. I find them more enjoyable in 3 or 4 episode chunks.

As for My Bride Is A Mermaid, I didn’t laugh once the entire time through. I don’t enjoy characters being tortured just for the sale of being tortured, when they have done nothing to deserve it. Not to mention, I thought the dub was the most flat, unemotional one I’ve heard in a long time. I was really looking forward to the show, but I was disappointed all the way around.

Ah Ghost Stories…cant’ help but get a stupid grin everytime I watch that show. Same goes with Excel Saga, of course the first time we watched that we were ROFLOAO.

But My Bride Mermiad…no, was not funny. Everything just felt forced and everyone was trying too hard to be funny, witty, whatever… Never finished it, so maybe it one of those shows were “it gets good at the end”. I guess I’ll never know, and I’m O.K. with that. :cheer:

As for the topic at hand, P4: The Animation could work, as well as Another.

I know…

Psychic Squad

Depends…on how popular the game is. It would beat the purpose to air an anime based off a game if the fan base isn’t going to watch it. And I doubt that people unerstand the anime unless they’ve played the game.

In order to put anime on toonami, don’t they have to dub the anime first? So titles like Koihime Mousou, To Love Ru, 11 Eyes, and Akaneiro ni Somaru Saka won’t be able to be aired on toonami, unless they are given an english dub.

Should have all their anime dubbed, so they would have been able to be broadcasted on cable tv channels.

A good chunk of Sentai anime is dubbed, and they have sent screeners to Toonami/Adult Swim for some shows. None of have been picked up yet, that we know of. Sadly, the market just isn’t big enough for all their titles to be dubbed, or to risk dubbing them on the extremely slim chance they could get on Toonami.

Also, Adult Swim and Toonami have acquired shows that did not have pre-existing dubs. Those shows we’re only dubbed after the TV deal was finalized. If it weren’t for the AS airing of Durarara, it would have likely have not been dubbed.

[quote=“spaceshotx7” post=122166]In order to put anime on toonami, don’t they have to dub the anime first? So titles like Koihime Mousou, To Love Ru, 11 Eyes, and Akaneiro ni Somaru Saka won’t be able to be aired on toonami, unless they are given an english dub.

Should have all their anime dubbed, so they would have been able to be broadcasted on cable tv channels.[/quote]

Hey there, Titles like Koihime Muso, To Love Ru, 11 Eyes and Akane iro ni Somaru Saka would probably never air on TV for the simple fact that their content isn’t suitable towards their viewing audience.

(Especially those first 2… and oh my god the 11 eyes OVA…)

I don’t know if toonami is comming back as a kids block, or if it will be part of adult swim. If part of adult swim, no editing is needed, if toomani will be returning as a kids block, usually, toonami edits the anime so they are approperiate for the 6-12 audience.

Nope! toonami does not edit anime, the companies with the licenses do in this case. You would have to completely black out all of To Love Ru, as the main character is naked 80% of the time in almost every episode.

None of these series would be aired on TV, probably ever, due to the content (Not always just visual, take the relationships Akane iro ni Somaru Saka, for example) inside of them. (Dub or no dub)

I realize in your opinion you think they should be aired on Toonami, but I can assure you with 90% certainty that this will never happen.

I don’t understand why nudity couldn’t be shown on adult swim?

In european and japanese countries, they can show nudity. Its aired late at night, when children under 12 are usually in bed.

I don’t even know what is wrong with nudity.