6.95 paid subscription

Sorry if this is a duplicate or has been answered elsewhere but I did a search and couldnt find an answer. How do I sign up for the paid subscription? I couldnt find it on the page by clicking home, nor could I find anything on the online player page. It talks about it but doesnt have a link in order to sign up that I could find.

No need to apologize because there isn’t one to find yet. This is a brand new feature coming in the next few days!

Read the Maintenance thread, right now that’s all there is that I can discuss until they announce it officially. :wink:

This is a new feature Anime Network is now implementing! Please be patient while they update the site and finish working on it, it may take up to a few more days for all the new things to be ready.

oh ok thanks

I was too wondering about the paid subscription. I tried to watch some of the shows and all i got was Anime network ads.

It will be available early next week. They’re working through the weekend to finish it.

I sincerely hope that they will accept paypal for it.

Nice idea but I will decline on the premium subscription since I have AN SVOD on Suddenlink. As much as I like to support the anime industry I just don’t have the money for both.

batou01 wrote:

I’m not certain on this one, but I wouldn’t keep my hopes up. Most leading business companies in retail have now stopped using PayPal as it usually causes more problems than they are worth with fraud and dealing with PayPal charge-backs and a lot of red tape.

You may want to look into PrePaid Gift Cards like: http://usa.visa.com/personal/cards/prepaid/visa_gift_card.html

They are easily accessible at Super Markets, Drug Stores or your local banks.

zidanetribal2000 wrote:

This is one reason I didn’t want people discussing this right now. People are already making up their minds based on very little information, which is nothing yet. Think of what’s up there as tidbits. They’re still working on finalizing stuff which required them to move it to the LIVE production site to finish it.

This is not just making shows on the old Online Player before into subscription or making SVOD shows here, although certainly there will be a lot of cross-overs with new exclusives.

Wait a few weeks… before you make up your mind. :wink: This is just the beginning. And also the $6.95 figure isn’t narrow and fixed… there are other options. :wink: I will be discussing this in more detail next week.

But certainly for those without SVOD, like Comcast, Time Warner, Bright House, DirecTV, Verizon, Dish, etc. This new Online Player will fill a lot of that void missing in new and exclusive content that’s being offered for SVOD.

Anime Network is thinking about this from every possible angle, trust me. And… I’ve also barraged them with a lot of hypothetical situations over the last few weeks. :wink:

thanks for the advice Ill be paying in that form then. Ive already made up my mind and that is to get it. 6.95 (or even a bit more) is a small price to pay in order to watch anime. I prefer watching it online to buying dvds and this is the perfect way in which to do that. Now dont get me wrong I buy the ones that I collect because I like them so much like GITS, Cowboy Bebop, and Black Lagoon, but for something I might just have a passing interest in this is the perfect outlet. Thanks Anime Network.

dragoon wrote:
zidanetribal2000 wrote:

[quote]

This is one reason I didn’t want people discussing this right now. People are already making up their minds based on very little information, which is nothing yet. Think of what’s up there as tidbits. They’re still working on finalizing stuff which required them to move it to the LIVE production site to finish it.

This is not just making shows on the old Online Player before into subscription or making SVOD shows here, although certainly there will be a lot of cross-overs with new exclusives.

Wait a few weeks… before you make up your mind. :wink: This is just the beginning. And also the $6.95 figure isn’t narrow and fixed… there are other options. :wink: I will be discussing this in more detail next week.

But certainly for those without SVOD, like Comcast, Time Warner, Bright House, DirecTV, Verizon, Dish, etc. This new Online Player will fill a lot of that void missing in new and exclusive content that’s being offered for SVOD.

Anime Network is thinking about this from every possible angle, trust me. And… I’ve also barraged them with a lot of hypothetical situations over the last few weeks. ;)[/quote]

Okay dragoon, I will wait until all the info is out there before making a final decision.:wink:

I see now that they have a location for signing up for the monthly subscription, but there is nowhere to enter a cc # or anything . They are just asking for a ton of personal info like full name address phone # and everything else like they are going to send out a bill or something. Is this the only way to sign up? the page where you enter all of that info isnt even secure, and mozillia is giving me a red exclamation point in the bottom right of the browser. While I know its not a foolproof encryption when you see the lock there, there is no way I’d give out that kind of info when its not. Any help cause I was really looking forward to signing up!

Just wanted to add, that if you really want to use Paypal, they do offer a prepaid VISA as well. It works just like a credit card, except it accesses your paypal account. Just like your normal paypal account, you can transfer funds back and forth from your checking or savings account. I know several people that use this for placing orders on Right Stuff and Anime Nation. It also is generally cheaper than using the Green Dot or other prepaid credit cards you see at convenience stores and Walmart.

I just signed up for the subscription service. They ask for credit card information after you enter your address, birth date and other information. And a lot of online sites are required to get this information for billing confirmation. And as for date of birth, well, with some of the content that will be available, I think that’s understandable.

But I did learn in the past, that you can never be too careful online. Two years ago, someone hacked into a Visa database that apparently had my debit card number on it. My bank deactivated it, but I didn’t find out until I went to pay for gas I had already pumped. That was a lot of fun…

im just hesitant to put in all my billing info (name, address, phone number, etc.) I understand the need for it in order to verify the cc that you put in next and the users age, but I always look at the bottom of the page to ensure that anywhere that I am putting personal info is secure, and here I dont see that indication with the little locked symbol in the bottom right. I definitely dont mind paying for the service but I just wish I could be more comfortable with seeing that the info is secure. Anyone know why it doesn’t have that?

Aw, c’mon, you can do it!

batou01 wrote:

I know Anime Network was working on several security features for customers, but I did inquire about this to Anime Network and hopefully they will be giving me an official answer to your question this week.

This thread is now closed. For future questions please post in the New Online Player Subscription issues and Q&A thread: Blog / Important Notice for Anime Network Online Users - Anime Network

Follow up to batou’s post, security features should be there. I double checked it today.

If you are still not seeing it please post a response in the new Subscription thread: http://www.theanimenetwork.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=65&func=view&catid=5&id=2132