Alice Academy / Gakuen Alice

[quote=TheCoffeeGod]
Two episodes down (one re-watched in sub).

Like I mentioned when I watched the pilot, I’m actually enjoying this one.
A lot actually, even with the subs.
It fits right in with my like for cute comedies.

I may need to dig up some cash and get this, possibly before it finishes airing, depending on when the RSI sale pops up.[/quote]

RSI/Nozomi sales for their own stuff is quite rare maybe one three day sale every two years. They do appear in the Weekly Specials and Daily Specials from time to time for around the same price give or take 2 dollars though. Their stuff is priced pretty reasonable since they still do thinpaks in chipboard boxes.

I finally watched the first two episodes. I wasn’t sure about it, but so far I don’t hate it. It definitely has me intrigued, so I’ll continue to watch it. (I like the cute blond teacher too!) :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=Slowhand]
I finally watched the first two episodes. I wasn’t sure about it, but so far I don’t hate it. It definitely has me intrigued, so I’ll continue to watch it. (I like the cute blond teacher too!) :P[/quote]

No you really don’t. He just used his Alice on you. :woohoo:

[quote=psychopuppet]

[quote=TheCoffeeGod]
Two episodes down (one re-watched in sub).

Like I mentioned when I watched the pilot, I’m actually enjoying this one.
A lot actually, even with the subs.
It fits right in with my like for cute comedies.

I may need to dig up some cash and get this, possibly before it finishes airing, depending on when the RSI sale pops up.[/quote]

RSI/Nozomi sales for their own stuff is quite rare maybe one three day sale every two years. They do appear in the Weekly Specials and Daily Specials from time to time for around the same price give or take 2 dollars though. Their stuff is priced pretty reasonable since they still do thinpaks in chipboard boxes.[/quote]

Well what do you know joe the rareness is happening now to the 28th.

[quote=psychopuppet]
Well what do you know joe the rareness is happening now to the 28th.[/quote]

Darn!
I didn’t expect the sale to pop up this soon after my last purchase.

I may have to let this one slide for awhile.

Up to episode 14 on VOD -

[details=spoiler]Last episode had Reo kidnapping Natsume. This episode starts with Mikan and Sumire continuing to chase the limo. Sumire reveals her Alice - a cat/dog one. The antics of the two girls are pretty funny, until they are kidnapped as well.

As I suspected, the academy has a darker side as revealed by Reo. Natsume, known as the Black Cat is in the academy’s black ops and was trained by someone named Persona to handle “special” assignments. We also find out some of Natsume’s background. He had set his entire village on fire when he was younger. I can see now why he is such an unhappy kid.

I’m very anxious to find out what is going to happen next!![/details]

Yes, this series makes an interesting shift from what seemed like just a cute show about a plucky girl, to something deeper and more intriguing.

Boy, that one teacher is a real son of a blank, isn’t he?

Yes he is!!

And I love that the show is getting deeper and more mysterious.

[quote=LadyOfWicca]
Up to episode 14 on VOD -

[details=spoiler]Last episode had Reo kidnapping Natsume. This episode starts with Mikan and Sumire continuing to chase the limo. Sumire reveals her Alice - a cat/dog one. The antics of the two girls are pretty funny, until they are kidnapped as well.

As I suspected, the academy has a darker side as revealed by Reo. Natsume, known as the Black Cat is in the academy’s black ops and was trained by someone named Persona to handle “special” assignments. We also find out some of Natsume’s background. He had set his entire village on fire when he was younger. I can see now why he is such an unhappy kid.

I’m very anxious to find out what is going to happen next!![/details][/quote]

I was starting to think that I was going to give up on this one, until the last few episodes.

[details=spoiler]This whole thing with Reo & Natsume has been pretty exciting. A little more ‘older’ than I thought would be in this type of show. It’s certainly caught my attention since Natsume has been kidnapped and now Mikan & Sumire also…

And now we have some of the background on Natsume… I’m wondering if Persona is the head of the Dangerous Abilities Class. It would make sense in a way, he would have the most access to Natsume and the most control. And poor Natsume, what a terrible childhood he must have had.

We also learned about those 4 Alice shapes, I’ll wager that Natsume’s is one that takes part of his lifespan from him and can kill him if overused.

Well, can’t wait to see how the girls and Natsume are going to get out of this kidnapping mess![/details]

I like your guesses, Slow and I think you might be right on both counts. I hope we find out for sure soon. This show is getting really good!

Ep. 15

spoiler

Was interesting seeing Mikan and Sumire working together to save Natsume. I noticed both are starting to like her. The nullification power sure came in handy. Also was glad she finally got a star. As for the mystery women they keep mentioning I’m sure she is Mikan’s mother. This has turned out to be much better then I thought it would be.

Watched episode 15 - exciting!

[details=spoiler]Natsume made the girls escape without him, but of course, Mikan goes back for him. I want to know more about this black ops group within the academy. They are holding something over Natsume’s head and they told him to kill himself if he were ever captured. And he would have too if Mikan hadn’t saved him. I agree with ShawnMerrow that the mysterious woman is probably Mikan’s mother. And what did Reo mean by saying he would turn that woman’s ideals into reality? He also said the next time they met, the academy would no longer exist. This story is getting so good with so much mystery. I like how it’s going!

Also, it seems that Natsume is starting to like Mikan. It really affected him when he saw her get injured. Is that why Natsume won’t get close to anyone? Because the academy people will hurt those close to him if he doesn’t do as they say? This may explain some of his anti-social attitude. Very interesting!

And I am so happy that Mikan got a star! :slight_smile: [/details]

More ep 15 comments…

spoiler

I like that maybe even Mr. Jinno sees Mikan a little differently after all that happened, after all he’s who gave her her star. Wasn’t expecting that, a pleasant surprise.

The more I watch this, the more I like it, I wasn’t sure I would at first.

Episode 16 -

[details=spoiler]It’s the school festival and Mikan and co. have done an Aladdin and the Magic Lamp RPG. Mikan is the genie of the lamp and looks really cute in her outfit. Ruka blushes and can’t speak when he sees her outfit and Sumire keeps saying that her belly button is showing. Funny scenes!

Natsume shows up and makes fun of Mikan (why do boys torment the girls they like?), driving her to Tsubasa for comfort. However, Natsume gets mad (jealous!) when he sees Mikan in Tsubasa’s arms and vows to get his lamp, so Tsubasa will be his slave.

Natsume makes it through the game and cheats when it comes time to pick the lamp. He ends up with Mikan’s lamp instead of Tsubasa’s and gets annoyed. But he is told that was the lamp he thought he really wanted because Mikan’s face was in his mind. So sweet!! But I wonder how the slave thing will work out? Of course it should be funny!![/details]

[quote=rebecca12]
More ep 15 comments…

spoiler

I like that maybe even Mr. Jinno sees Mikan a little differently after all that happened, after all he’s who gave her her star. Wasn’t expecting that, a pleasant surprise.

The more I watch this, the more I like it, I wasn’t sure I would at first.[/quote]

It certainly has developed a depth of story that I didn’t expect it would. I find it is one of my “must watch” shows (the ones I sit and watch as soon as they are downloaded on DirecTV on Demand).

Episode 17 -

[details=spoiler]Funny scene of Mikan saying that she is Natsume’s slave and how she is following him, when she is actually walking in front of him and being her usual lively self.

When she gets too exuberant, Natsume gives her a cock-a-doodle-doo biscuit, which makes her talk like a chicken. He later puts her in a leash and collar, but not even that can keep her in check. So funny!

And Hotaru has an older brother! Interesting.[/details]

Episode 18 -

[details=spoiler]The school festival is still going on and Mikan is still Natsume’s slave, although he seemed to disappear in the last episode (I was a little confused by that). Anyway, he saves her from getting a 99 year stomachache (aww) and the little doo-wop guys were so cute. But Ruka explains some things about Natsume and I think Mikan finally realizes that maybe he isn’t so bad after all.

The Haunted House was great! Mikan is scared and grabs Ruka’s arm; they get an interesting “look” from Natsume. Ruka later gets separated from them and Natsume saves Mikan from getting hurt again, injuring himself in the process. But Mikan caught him in the act this time!

Sumire follows them - with Mr. Jinno for Haunted House protection, but he is even more terrified than Mikan. It was great to see him this way for a change – liked how he kept repeating “just a tad”. And Sumire ends up protecting him, until he causes a blackout. Nice scene of Mr. Jinno on the stretcher with a fried and smoking Sumire walking next to him!

And just when I though Mikan and Natsume were getting all sweet and cozy, he has to go and insult her again, although she ends up on top of him when Hotaru and Ruka finally find them. Priceless reactions all around!!:lol: :lol: And Natsume makes it worse by telling Mikan to stop trying to seduce him, which makes Mikan even angrier.

I also liked Ruka’s vision of the future, when he tells Mikan his dream. Mikan says that she is sure his dream will come true and when he envisions it again, he has put Mikan in the picture with Natsume and himself. Aww - too sweet!![/details]

I love this show, it really has become the show I always watch first when the new episodes come on AN on demand, and Mikan is one of my fave characters of all time, can’t wait to see how the story plays out.

Episode 19 -

[details=spoiler]Ruka is in a play and after a minor disaster with some sticky balls, Mikan is made to play the Prince and Natsume has to play a cat. Mikan loves Natsume’s costume, but he doesn’t look too happy about it.

But when Ruka sees Mikan as the Prince, he blushes and can’t say she looks cute, even though Hotaru tries to help him out. Hotaru can also see that Natsume is a little jealous and I like the way she smiles.

When Mikan is on stage and is directed to kiss Ruka, she panics. You can see Natsume’s reaction as well – he makes a fist, but I wonder who he’d like to hit - the teacher, Mikan or Ruka?

Suddenly, the apple that Youichi was eating hits Mikan on the head and she is saved from kissing Ruka! Hotaru knows that Natsume did it, but it looks like no one else noticed. After the play, I think Ruka was a little disappointed about the kiss. Ruka and Mikan start to leave together, but Youichi pulls Natsume after them. Even he can see something special about Natsume and Mikan.

I noticed that Mr. Jinno wasn’t around. I wonder if he ever recovered from the Haunted House? :lol:[/details]

First action and now a romance, they worked everything into this series. But it’s still cute and I can’t wait to see how it all works out.