Anime Network on Hulu & Hulu Plus

[size=5]Have questions regarding Anime Network on free/ad-supported Hulu and subscription Hulu Plus? Ask right here![/size]

[size=4]Here are a few quick FAQ items to get you all started![/size]

Where can I find Anime Network on Hulu?
http://www.hulu.com/network/anime-network

I’m having trouble watching episodes on Hulu. How can I get help?
*If you are having technical issues watching on Hulu’s website, through a Hulu Plus application or via the embedded Hulu Player on Anime Network Online, please check out Hulu’s Help Section for further assistance: http://www.hulu.com/help *

If you have a question regarding the Anime Network content on Hulu, please feel free to post your questions here.

Thought I’d give a quick update on the Hulu Plus issues I reported previously in the general VOD thread.

First off, this week’s Persona 4 episode went up in a timely manner; much appreciated.

Majikoi ~ Oh! Samurai Girls! Episode 9 still appears to be Mashiroiro Symphony episode 9 at this time.

Ramez wrote:

[quote]Thought I’d give a quick update on the Hulu Plus issues I reported previously in the general VOD thread.

First off, this week’s Persona 4 episode went up in a timely manner; much appreciated.

Majikoi ~ Oh! Samurai Girls! Episode 9 still appears to be Mashiroiro Symphony episode 9 at this time.[/quote]

Admin has told Hulu about this a few times, but it seems that we are at the mercy of Hulu at this point. I’m emailing Admin as we speak to tell them that it hasn’t been fixed to see if there’s anything to be done.

Cross your fingers. :S

Figured I’d give another status update since it has been a couple of days… Still no change, the episode remains incorrect as previously reported.

Slowhand wrote:

[quote]Ramez wrote:

[quote]Thought I’d give a quick update on the Hulu Plus issues I reported previously in the general VOD thread.

Majikoi ~ Oh! Samurai Girls! Episode 9 still appears to be Mashiroiro Symphony episode 9 at this time.[/quote]

Admin has told Hulu about this a few times, but it seems that we are at the mercy of Hulu at this point. I’m emailing Admin as we speak to tell them that it hasn’t been fixed to see if there’s anything to be done.

Cross your fingers. :S[/quote]

• Give us a short summary of the problem you are experiencing with the Online Player.

• Did this just start happening, has it been going on for a while or is it a problem that came back after being fixed?

• Affected Show Title(s) - is it happening to a particular show, certain shows or everything

• Affected Episode Number(s) - is it happening to a particular episode, certain episodes or all episodes

• Affected Language Version - if the show is Dual Language, is it the dubbed, dubbed or both versions that are affected

• Affected Video Format - is it the SD, HD or both versions that are affected

• What Operating System are you using? Which version is it? (Windows Vista, Mac 10.4, etc)

• What Browser are you using? Which version is it? (Chrome, Internet Explorer 7, FireFox 3.6, etc)

• Is it happening in just one Browser or multiple browsers?

• Is your Flash Player/Plugin up to date?

I’m liking Clannad season 1, but everytime I watch it, the player keeps on freezing. Also, the scenes stops moving while I hear the dialogue (watching it subbed now) which forces me to rewind in almost every episode. I’m on episode 17. I wonder if it’s because I signed up a one-month subscription–meaning that it’s almost over.

It started happening about a few weeks ago. At first, it was tolerable, but again, gotten really annoying. Episode 17 freezes and stops more than it should.

It’s the subbed version with the problem.

It’s both SD and HD that are affected.

I use Windows Vista, FireFox 3.6, and Google.

My Flash Player/Plugin is up to date.

Is this a problem on Hulu or here on TAN? If its a problem with The Hulu player freezing, you will probably need to contact their support to try and find a resolution. TAN handles more issues on content, while tech support there is handled by Hulu.

You didn’t upload 15 of Phi Brain to Hulu…

We have 16 but not 15.

This is getting old.

mitamaking wrote:

[quote]You didn’t upload 15 of Phi Brain to Hulu…

We have 16 but not 15.

This is getting old.[/quote]

We send them over right away, it’s up to Hulu to put them up.

I’ll tell admin, so they can remind them.

Status update on issues I have previously reported.

Majikoi ~ Oh Samurai Girls! Episode 9 is still incorrect.

For the poster that mentioned Phi-Brain 15 was missing; it is now available.

This week’s Persona 4 episode has not yet gone up; I guess last week’s timely availability was some sort of fluke.

Following up again.

Majikoi Oh Samurai Girls episode 9 is still incorrect.

Episodes 16 and 17 of Persona 4 went up at the same time on Friday (Meaning Episode 16 went up about a week late).

Any chance you’d consider making Majikoi 9 available on your native player to guest accounts to get around the Hulu issue?

I told you guys about this on twitter, but guess it does no harm to repeat it. I’ve been trying to watch episode 2 of Samurai Girls dubbed for awhile now. It keeps loading Episode 2 with the Japanese audio and subtitles.

So, it DOES give you the choice to pick Subtitled or Dubbed? But no matter which you pick, it’s giving you the Subtitled version? Is that correct?

And, you’re trying to watch “Samurai Girls” not “Majikoi ~ Oh! Samurai Girls”, right?

Sarmuai Girls is only available Subtitled on Hulu. There is an error in the metadata that is telling our player that it is a dubbed episode. I’ve reported it to Hulu for fixing. Thanks!

Slowhand: Yeah it was giving me the option to watch either, but no matter what I pick only the subtitle version would load. Yes “Samurai Girls” , not “Majikoi ~ Oh! Samurai Girls”.

Sam: Ahh ok then. This makes sense, thank you.

Since I noted issues with Anime Network content on Hulu Plus in the past I figured I’d post issues for the most recent set of shows.

No. 6 - Missing Episodes 6 and 7
Mysterious Girlfriend X - Missing Episode 8
Inu x Bokutou - Missing Episode 11
Listen to Me Girls. I Am Your Father - Missing Episodes 8 and 11

Hope you can get this sorted out.

[quote=“Ramez” post=121197]Since I noted issues with Anime Network content on Hulu Plus in the past I figured I’d post issues for the most recent set of shows.

No. 6 - Missing Episodes 6 and 7
Mysterious Girlfriend X - Missing Episode 8
Inu x Bokutou - Missing Episode 11
Listen to Me Girls. I Am Your Father - Missing Episodes 8 and 11

Hope you can get this sorted out.[/quote]

At the top of the page of No. 6, it says:

As for the others, I have sent those on to Admin.

Quick status update; none of the missing content is available. At least not through dedicated devices.

I’ll send another note to Administration on Monday.

[quote=“Slowhand” post=122356]

I’ll send another note to Administration on Monday.[/quote]

Administration is still aware of this and is working with Hulu.

Just following up to mention that the previously discussed missing content is still missing on Hulu.