Anime Network VOD Reports/Updates/Questions Thread (2023)

Welcome to the Anime Network Video On Demand (VOD) thread!

Please make every effort to report back when your issues are resolved. If you do not report back, your Missing Content remains on the report week after week.

We cannot guess that you’ve received your content unless you tell us! There are too many of you (in this thread and by PMs) for me to try to figure out that if you don’t report back that you’ve received your content (or not).

Thanks for all your help!

Slowhand - Moderator

I send in the VOD Report on MONDAY around noon. Please try to report your issues as soon as possible and we’ll get right on it!

Anime Network VOD Reports/Updates/Questions Thread (2022)

Before posting (newcomers), please look through this thread before complaining. In many cases your questions might be covered already.

Please read, learn and participate:

Use this forum to discuss, submit questions/complaints/suggestions with other Anime Network viewers.

(Click arrows to read complete explanations):

I. We need your Zip Code and Cable/Satellite Provider to Help

When submitting reports of problems, it is important to provide us with information of your cable/network/VOD provider, and your Zip Code (this information is needed to track down the problem). (PM this to Slowhand if you want to keep the information private) and other information about the nature of the problem, as well as the specific anime/episode in question. Anime Network and your Cable/Satellite Provider can not help you without this information.

II. Missing Updates - Where are my updates?

VOD technology allows great convenience in that it allows viewers to watch a wide range of programming through your cable box without having to go out to rent or buy DVDs from many programming options, but it is a very complex technology. Your Cable or Satellite provider or their VOD subcontracting companies like (InDemand, etc.) are responsible for granting you the user access to these updates. There are so many layers and handlers of the data, including subcontracting VOD companies that handle the infrastructure, storage, VOD file management for your Cable companies. This is normally why Cable companies usually have a hard time fixing or dealing with VOD.

A lot of the large cable providers have different regional operation centers that handle the VOD for certain regions. This complicates it because human error can happen, if someone from your area’s VOD department forgot to make the updates Anime Network sent them available or if your area’s VOD hard drives are full… they reject the updates Anime Network sends them.

Anime Network may be able to determine whether the updates were sent out or not, but after that point, the responsibility of the update will go to your Cable provider or the company that manages the content sent to them.

Reports submitted by the viewers will be looked over by Anime Network in the reports sent to them, and they will try to get your Cable/Satellite provider to fix it from this side – but there is only so much Anime Network can do to convince your Cable/Satellite provider without your help on fixing the issue.

III. Why are the shows starting at episode 5 and why can't I get the entire series of a show at once?

Anime Network always shows series from the beginning (unless it’s a special circumstance). It’s a moving train of content, every week new shows and episodes are posted, eventually they start back at episode 1 or different shows at episode 1.

Most people think Video On Demand means every single episode available of every show. While this is now true for Subscription VOD (showing entire series, but NOT the entire catalog), it’s not true for FREE VOD. VOD in general works pretty much like TV does, except the episodes are available usually for a month to be viewed anytime, then they are replaced, with weekly updates that are posted every Thursday (Some providers post it early on Wednesday afternoon/night). That’s how the cable providers operate VOD in general.

Cable companies place a limit on what the content providers, like Anime Network can provide. For Free VOD carriers this is usually 30 hours of storage space a month. So Anime Network and other VOD providers have to work within those constraints.

SVOD - their schedules are different from the posted FreeVOD and will have their own independent schedules.

A few first episodes of shows are for free (with ads) at HIDIVE.
Subscriptions are currently available for a low price.

IV. Why is buying Sentai Filmworks and Section23 Films DVD/BDs of show that are available on Anime Network important?

It is the foundation of income and helps Sentai Filmworks, Section23 Films and other Anime production and licensing studios to acquire new anime series for Anime Network.

If you like a show on Anime Network, please show your support and buy the legal Sentai Filmworks, Section23 Films DVD/BDs from respected retailers like Sentai Filmworks Shop or Right Stuf.com or at your local Best Buy, Fry’s or Walmart, and other retailers – a lot of these shows are expensive to license and produce for English audiences. While VOD ad revenue does help to pay for some of this access, if you want new shows and new productions – DVD/BD sales are incredibly important in allowing Anime Network to acquire new shows from Japan!

Without your financial support, it means less shows, and less services.

V. This is what's required from you who are reporting problems:

When you report a problem or missing update, we need you to provide your Cable/Satellite or VOD provider for Anime Network (TAN) and also your Zip Code (City, State would also be helpful). This information is now necessary to help track down your problems with your Cable/Satellite/VOD provider.

For example:
DirecTV, 78702 (Austin, TX)
(Your Report)

If you do not provide us information we are not going to be able to help you.

The weekly report is sent to Anime Network every Monday (except holidays). This gives a chance for all episodes to load from the previous Thursday.

Thank you for your cooperation. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Link to 2022 thread

1 Like

The report for last week & all follow-ups was compiled and sent to Anime Network today.

Let me know if I’ve missed anything!

Thanks!! :+1:

Upcoming January 2023 FVOD anime

January 5 - AKB0048 ~ Next Stage - 13 eps (1 ep/wk)
January 5 - Nana - 50 eps (2 eps/wk)
January 12 - Ya Boy Kongming! - 12 eps (1 ep/wk)
January 19 - Sagrada Reset - 12 eps (1 ep/wk)
January 26 - Girls und Panzer das Finale, Part 2 (movie)
January 26 - Laidbackers (movie)

Upcoming January 2023 SVOD anime

January 5 - GATE - Eps 13-24
January 12 - BanG Dream! 3rd Season - 13 eps
January 19 - Beyond the Boundary - 12 eps
January 26 - League of Nations Air Force Magic Aviation Band Luminous Witches - 12 eps
January 26 - Utano Princesama Maji Love Kingdom (movie)

3 Likes

Optimum For Wall Township, New Jersey 07719.
Received as of 1/5/23:
Gate Season Two 1-12 (GATE - Eps 13-24 listed on cable as this)

2 Likes

Time warner’spectrum Phoenix, NY 13135

The numbering of yuki yuna is off. I double checked and we are actually missing two episodes of the Wasshio chapter. Episode 5 and episode 7. The episode 7 that we got is actually the 1st episode of the next chapter.

2 Likes

Previous post updated with January shows. Sorry for the delay, had to deal with a sick thing.

2 Likes

Spectrum - Los Angeles - 91367

All Dec 22 updates received.
All Dec 29 updates received.
All Jan 5 updates received.

2 Likes

Time warner’spectrum Phoenix, NY 13135

I got episode 5 of Yuki Yuna washio chapter but still missing episode 7. Again the episode that is labeled as 7 is actually the first episode of the next chapter.

3 Likes

Report for DirecTV from California 92411

Week of 1/5

So…it seems like most of the episodes I was expecting are still out for vacation. The only ones that arrived to start the new year was AKB0048~next stage ep.1 and Nana ep. 1. These 2 episodes have their proper intros. There is also one oddity.

The Oddity

12/29 Yuki Yuna ep. 7 As stated by @goatboy the episode that actually plays in the following episode. So ep. 7 is technically missing.

Missing littles ones

1/5 Assassin’s Pride 2
Hakkenden 6
Love, Chunibyo 7
Magical Warfare 11
Maid sama 3
Nana 2
Nobunaga 10
Princess Principal 4
Real Girl 10
Release the Spyce 12
Utano 9
Yuki Yuna 8

I think that all of them. I’ll make edits if anything changes.

You have my thanks :snake:

2 Likes

Schedule for January 5, 2023:

AKB00048 ~ Next Stage 1 (FIRST EPISODE)
Assassins Pride 2
Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East 6
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions 7
Magical Warfare 11
Maid-Sama! 3
NANA 1 (FIRST EPISODE)
NANA 2
Nobunaga The Fool - 10
Princess Principal 4
Real Girl 10
Release the Spyce 12 (FINAL EPISODE)
Utano ☆Prince-sama - Legend Star 9
Yuki Yuna is a Hero Season 2 8
(RECEIVED)

Still Missing for December 15
Cinderella Nine 11 Received 1/5
Magical Warfare 8 Received 1/5
Princess Principal 1 Received 1/5
Real Girl 7 Received 1/5
Tari Tari 13 (FINAL EPISODE) Received 1/5
Utano ☆Prince-sama - Legend Star 6 Received 1/5
Yuki Yuna is a Hero Season 2 5 Received 1/5

1 Like

Ok, here’s the deal with Yuki Yuna:

Season 2: The Washio Sumi Chapter has only 6 episodes
Season 2: The Hero Chapter has only 6 episodes

In total, Season 2 has 12 episodes broken up into two chapters. The Hero Chapter is listed as episodes 7-12 in the title listings, but is numbered 1-6 for the chapter.

Is that clear as mud? You are getting the correct episodes, it’s just that the numbering is weird.

The Washio Sumi Chapter
  1. Sumi Washio
  2. Friends
  3. Everyday Life
  4. Soul
  5. Goodbye
  6. Promise
The Hero Chapter - listed on VOD as Eps 7-12
  1. Spectacular Days or Spectacular Business
  2. Important Memories
  3. My Heart Hurts When I Think of You
  4. Unspoken Intentions
  5. Incorruptible Heart
  6. Only You Can Make Me Happy
2 Likes

Well, I guess that mud makes sense. Numbers…I don’t like them one bit.

Also, your 1/5 list doesn’t mention Nana. Your report said it was slated for Jan.6 so I figured it’s supposed to be the 5th. Or did I receive Nana early by chance?

2 Likes

Oh crap, I forgot to add the new shows… thanks

2 Likes

Wikipedia, Prime video and Rotten tomatoes say there is a chapter 7 of the Washio arc before the new arc starts.

The episode in question is titled A Sunny Place.

2 Likes

It looks like that’s a recap episode; we don’t have that one licensed.

2 Likes

This should be Ep 11, I’ll just guess you misnumbered and are missing this.

2 Likes

@anonymous9999

Any updates?

1 Like

The report for last week & all follow-ups was compiled and sent to Anime Network today.

Let me know if I’ve missed anything!

Thanks!! :+1:

Upcoming January 2023 FVOD anime

January 12 - Ya Boy Kongming! - 12 eps (1 ep/wk)
January 19 - Sagrada Reset - 12 eps (1 ep/wk)
January 26 - Girls und Panzer das Finale, Part 2 (movie)
January 26 - Laidbackers (movie)

Upcoming January 2023 SVOD anime

January 12 - BanG Dream! 3rd Season - 13 eps
January 19 - Beyond the Boundary - 12 eps
January 26 - League of Nations Air Force Magic Aviation Band Luminous Witches - 12 eps
January 26 - Utano Princesama Maji Love Kingdom (movie)

2 Likes

@Slowhand

Ah, you’re right. It was supposed to be ep.11. I just made the correction.

2 Likes

Update report for the week of 1/5

All missing episodes have been received. Hakkenden ep. 6 and Nobunaga ep. 10 are currently in the black void. The rest of the episodes have their proper intros.

2 Likes