Anime Network on Roku - Support Thread

I am a premium subscriber but when I try to log into the Anime Network via my Roku, I keep getting an authentication failed message. I have been trying for a few days now with the same issue. I have no problems when watching on the website but can’t even get it to work on my Roku.

The odd thing is I seem to be already signed in because it takes me to my queue and has all of my shows listed, but when I click one to watch it wants me to log in again, then I get the Authentication Failed issue. I noticed the app hasn’t been updated since May 15, 2015… it’s freaking 2017!

App version is 0.1 build 40815.3234-1

HI @DraoseMagnus,

I’m sorry to hear that you are having issues accessing content on your Roku device. We are more than happy to take a closer look at this for you. You can expect an email from Anime Network customer support. We should be able to get you up and running in no time.

Thank you,
Anime Network

Hello
I just subscribed today after getting my Roku, and I was checking out the app and have noticed that You’re Under Arrest Season 1 and 2 are not available on Roku. Are they supposed to be there and for some reason I can’t access them?
I was worried at first since YAT season 1 was the first series I tried to stream on the app. It shows up in my queue (added from the website) and when I tried to watch it, it would come up and say I needed to log in. I tried playing other series and found no problems, then I went looking thru the A to Z section and saw that You’re Under Arrest 1 and 2 are not there, though Season 3 is.
If both of those series are not up for streaming on Roku then I apologize in advance for the pointless post, but I just wanted to make sure this isn’t a problem only i’m running into.

@ownpersonaldemon

There are no plans to add Seasons 1 & 2 of You’re Under Arrest at this time.

Perhaps it’s obvious, but what are the implication of the end of streaming for Roku subscribers?

For the few days the Roku app haven’t been working. When will it be fix.

@lamonica223

Sorry for your trouble.

Please tell us what exactly you’re seeing. Are you getting some sort of error? Does it not load?

Could you please post a screenshot of what you’re seeing?

Thank you
Slowhand - Moderator

A message appear saying unavailable.

Powered by Cricket Wireless

@lamonica223

Thank you for contacting us. I’m sorry to hear that you are having issues accessing your Roku app. I will be happy to explain. While not confirmed, we believe that our app isn’t compatible with Roku’s most recent firmware update. We have seen the following issues:

1.) When you click on the app, it immediately crashes.
2.) You get a message stating that our app currently isn’t available
3.) The app crashes when you access a tab genre or related tab

Roku has recognized that there were some issues with their most recent update and have since launched a patch. We believe that this patch hasn’t alleviated the issues with our app. For reference, I’ve included a few hyperlinks related to the firmware update. We are still in the exploratory stages and currently don’t have an eta for when this issue will be resolved. Could you assist us by providing the following information?

What is the current firmware version installed on your Roku device? (ie version 7.7 4117) settings>system>sytem update

At a glance, can you confirm that the date that the new firmware was added to your device correlates with when you started to experience issues accessing our app?

Aditionally, do you have any other subscription apps on your Roku that is not working? If so, what apps?

http://cordcuttersnews.com/new-roku-update-rolling-today/

https://support.roku.com/article/228844467-roku-os-software-release-notesroku 7.7

Please also contact Roku Support right away.

Thank you,
Atu
Anime Network

So I also get the authentication error. Is the app broken then?

MOD MERGE POSTS

I’ve been trying to get it to the app working for two hours and continue to get an authentication error. I’ve reset my password, used my user name and used my email. I signed up through roku and got an error. I’m not signing up through the website because I can’t even log in on the roku.
I see others have had this issue. I can’t even use the free trial. Does the app work or not because no other app has giving me such and issue and it’s extremely frustrating!c

@pugsonparade

Sorry to hear about your problem.

Please send an email to support@theanimenetwork.com

Let them know exactly what is happening with the Roku and include screenshots if you can.

Someone will get back to you as soon as possible.

FYI: Offices are closed on the weekend, they will be in on Monday.

Thank you,
Slowhand - Moderator

How long is the customer support open on the weekdays???

1 Like

Customer support for the Anime Network is open Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm CT. (Closed on holidays)

Send to support@theanimenetwork.com

Is there a comprehensive list on shows on Anime Network?

Well, no, not really. At least not one that we have access to. And with all the licensing stuff happening all the time, I’m not sure they really want to share it.

1 Like