I'm confused how is the Anime Network app on roku still working?

Any idea why this is the case?

1 Like

Welcome Alyaka!

I don’t have a definitive answer, but my best guess would be they are keeping it alive until the bugs are worked out of a Roku HiDive app.

(I have a Roku as well)

1 Like

So they R still working hard and have the servers up and running after so long announcing their cancellation of the streaming video content

That’s pretty noble of them They could have just let it die and UR stuck with the bugs of hidive

So I want to Thank the Men and Women for their hard work

Thank U
And keep up the good work

1 Like

I’m not sure if you are still able to watch Anime Network on Roku without signing for the premium but I was, at one point, able to watch, AND ADD, programs to my queue. There is a huge disconnect between Roku and The Anime Network. I’m not able to sign into my account on Roku but I’m able to sign in online.

Is anyone else able to sign in on their Roku app?

I’m trying to find out why I can’t sign in my account on Roku? This never has been a problem before but now it is. And I see this problem goes back some years, 2015 or even earlier. Again, I’ve never had a problem signing into my account on Roku but now I am. And there doesn’t seem to be an answer as to why this is happening.

I have a premium account. Without it, I wouldn’t be able to watch my programs. However, not being able to sign in means I can’t add programs to my queue, which, AGAIN, I was able to do.

What’s going on Anime Network? And, NO, I don’t want HiDive. There’s even an app for this anime site on Roku. Someone respond with a reason and a solution, please!!!

@roami

Welcome to the Anime Network forums!

All streaming from Anime Network has been moved over to HIDIVE, but until HIDIVE gets a Roku app of their own, the Anime Network Roku will be working.

I don’t know why the app isn’t working for you, let’s see if we can find someone else with the app and ask them.

@Psychopuppet

Can you help?

I just checked as I never deleted the app out of curiosity to see how long it’d be up . Both of my Roku’s that I use are still logged in . I’ll see tomorrow if it lets me log off and back in on the stick in my room . Wondering if they did not disable the ability to log in since really the app is a ghost slowly fading away as the shows expire . If it’s a glitch I don’t see them fixing it since the online and app are not supported anymore . I’m thinking the only reason it’s even still up is they don’t know or don’t care to have Roku remove it .

That would be nice since I have a premium account and cannot watch any of the episodes except the first two for free.

Still not able to sign into Anime Network on my Roku! And I’m paying for this subscription!!! What is the issue?!! Could someone, PLEASE, find out what the “disconnect” is or refund my money. I shouldn’t have to pay for something that I can’t use.

@roami
Please see your Private Messages.

Or maybe Lenny mislaid the slip of paper with the password to the ANO Roku account…

1 Like

Today is Saturday, May 23rd, 2020. The Anime Network App on Roku still lists eighteen series:

1. Appleseed
  2. Azumanga Daioh
  3. Clannad
  4. Clannad After Story
  5. Elfen Lied (English)
  6. Elfen Lied (French)
  7. Elfen Lied (German)
  8. Gatchaman Crowds insight
  9. Hamatora the Animation
  10. HaNaYaMaTa
  11. Hayate the Combat Butler! Can’t Take My Eyes Off of You
  12. Lady Death the Motion Picture
  13. Maid-Sama
  14. Planzet
  15. The Severing Crime Edge
  16. Shining Hearts
  17. Unlimited Psychic Squad
  18. Utano Princesama Legend Star

That is all.

3 Likes

Which one shall become “The Highlander”?

2 Likes

Probably Lady Death the Motion Picture .

2 Likes

Just browsing through the Roku app, and there’s one listing @Newshawk did not mention.:

Japanese101

Clicking it brings up an Anime Network trailer for Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon?.

In addition, there’s an AN promo for Unlimited Psychic Squad

Not anything really important, but neat at least…

The Anime Network Roku App death watch continues!
Today is Thursday, July 9th, 2020. The Anime Network App on Roku now lists only fifteen series:

1. Appleseed
  2. Azumanga Daioh
  3. Clannad
  4. Clannad After Story
  5. Elfen Lied (English)
  6. Elfen Lied (French)
  7. Elfen Lied (German)
  8. Gatchaman Crowds insight
  9. Hamatora the Animation
  10. HaNaYaMaTa
  11. Hayate the Combat Butler! Can’t Take My Eyes Off of You
  12. Lady Death the Motion Picture
  13. Planzet
  14. Unlimited Psychic Squad
  15. Utano Princesama Legend Star

Maid-Sama, The Severing Crime Edge, and Shining Hearts are no longer listed.

MaouSado, I didn’t list Japanese 101 for two reasons. First, it wasn’t marked; and second, Japanese 101 was a series of short videos teaching simple Japanese phrases. I think the promos just collapsed into that listing somehow.

That is all.

1 Like

The Anime Network Roku App death watch continues!
Today is Tuesday, September 8th, 2020. The Anime Network App on Roku still lists only fifteen series. As they are the same as the last post, I will not list them. I will only redo the list if/when the numbers change.
That is all…

2 Likes

The Anime Network Roku App Death Watch, Veterans Day edition:

Today is Wednesday,November 11th, 2020. The Anime Network App on Roku still lists only fifteen series. As nothing has changed as of now, I will not list them. Again, I will only redo the list if/when the numbers change.
That is all…

3 Likes