rebecca gunn wrote:

[quote]dragonrider_cody wrote:

[quote]Clannad (entire series)
both SD and HD
Google Chrome: 4.1.249.1042
Flash 10.0.32.18
Wi-Fi
Up to 5meg connection

Clannad simply wont play, apparently its blocked in my region (UK) But its one of the main reasons I signed up to a premium sub :/[/quote]

Clannad is currently only licensed for streaming in the US and Canada. Unfortunately, Anime Network only has UK rights for certain titles it carries, primarily older ADV and Enoki Films titles.

Ahhh

A thought then, is it just IP blocked? I mean if I went to America and logged in from there would the region block be lifted?[/quote]

Yes, it seems to utilize an IP filter. Those in the US and Canada are unaffected, so in theory, your account should work if you were in the US.

Region locking for the player is dependent on IP, so I guess if you came over here, you would be able to get on yeah.

DO IT! >.>

^^^ YES! Clanad is totally worth moving to another continent for! :slight_smile:

I just joined and the online player dose not run for me is there something I need to down load? Please let me know.
Thank you
Lee Chipman

When reporting a problem we need some specific information:

• Show Title

• Episode Number

• If you are watching in SD or HD

• Browser & Version

• Flash Player Version

• Type of Internet Connection (Cable, DSL, WiFiā€¦)

• Connection Speed

• Detailed description of the problem you are experiencing

The more specific and detailed your report is, the better we can troubleshoot your issue.

If you are having trouble with smooth streaming, we highly encourage you to run several connection speed tests & post the results here. Try http://www.speedtest.net/ or a similar service.

Finally, it is very important for you to let us know if the problem persists or gets resolved.

Also, I will be moving your thread to the Online Player Report Problem Thread as soon as you read this, but I wanted you to know before I moved it.

The online player has stopped working for me as of 2000 EDT on 03/25/2010 when using Googleā€™s Chrome browser. It still works AOK using Firefox. It was working OK on the evening of 03/24/2010.

Details:

Chrome version 4.1.249.1042

Firefox version 3.6

HP desktop model HPE-112Y

AMD Phenom II 925

8 GB DDR3 1333 RAM

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Cable modem @ 3.1 Mbs (measured)

Shows: Alice Academy
A Little Snow Fairy Sugar
To Love Ru

Respectfully,

Kenneth G. Holloway

Is anyone else experiencing problems with the online player right now? In the last hour, all of a sudden it stopped working for me.

Gogora wrote:

Need a little more infoā€¦

When reporting a problem we need some specific information:

• Show Title

• Episode Number

• Browser & Version

• Flash Player Version

• Connection Speed

The more specific and detailed your report is, the better we can troubleshoot your issue.

If you are having trouble with smooth streaming, we highly encourage you to run several connection speed tests & post the results here. Try http://www.speedtest.net/ or a similar service.

Finally, it is very important for you to let us know if the problem persists or gets resolved.

Weā€™re working on it, thanks.

Fixed, sorry about that!

Thanks! Yeah, I thought it was just a temporary issue.

The April schedule is up for the Online Player, it has listings for everything EXCEPT ā€˜Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaoā€™. (working on that)

Hereā€™s the link, if you canā€™t find it:

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Whats-On/Anime-Network-Online

Do the double posts indicate HD and SD versions of the same episodes?

Newshawk wrote:

Yes, thatā€™s exactly what it means! YOU WIN! :laugh:

Recently Iā€™ve been encountering problems with the site.

• Show Title/Episode Number or if it happens with all of them.
    Izumo, episode 9 & 10. Possibly all other anime network video.

SD

• Browser & Version
    Firefox 3.6.3

• Flash Player Version

Cable via WiFi

• Connection Speed
    15mbps

1. On Wednesday, April 7 2010: The server was blocking my ip address and could not connect without a proxy, which meant I could not even signin to report the issue. This occurred at 9pm est and continued until 4am est (at which point I gave up). It was working fine thereafter.

2. All day today Iā€™ve been getting an error message ā€œContent Encoding Errorā€ and I reload the site url again and it works fine.

3. I canā€™t forward or rewind through segments of video anymore without the flash player crashing.

Today I tried to go and watch ep 5 of ghost stoies and when I clicked on from the episode page it took me to the latest news forum. this also happened with episode 4, which I watched sucessfully yesterday). I checked another show at random, daphne in the deep blue and episodes started fine.

Izumo should be playing just fine. We did some upgrades to our servers yesterday and are resolving some bugs that cropped up from that. In future, if you canā€™t log in to post in the forums, send us an email:
info@theanimenetwork.com

larrylaffer wrote:

Iā€™m sorry Iā€™m so late replying, I did report this right away to admin. and they are looking into it.

Hey guys, weā€™re still working on the issue. Basically, any episode title that had a - in the name is having this issue. The developer is sorting out what happened during the update to cause this and weā€™ll let you know as soon as it is resolved.

Thanks for you patience!

I see that AN has done some tweaks to the online player. I like the new HD on/off feature.
Slick