[size=15]Have a question or problem regarding Anime Network’s Online Streaming Service?[/size]
You’ve come to the right place!
Please take a moment to review the helpful information below.
Don’t see what you need? Post your question here and a moderator or fellow community member will assist you!
For Technical Issues involving the Online Player:
- Copy the report below and fill in the information.
- Post your report in this thread* or email it to email@example.com Please put “Technical Issue Report” in the email subject.
- Check back often or subscribe to this thread so that you can see what the Admins or your fellow users say.
- Feedback!!! After your issue is troubleshooted or if something changes (for good or for bad), let us know!
[quote]Online Player Technical Issue Report
We need to know some specific information in order to troubleshoot your issue:
Give us a short summary of the problem you are experiencing with the Online Player. Quantifiable details are much more helpful than qualitative notes. (ex.: “X Page took 9 seconds to load” vs. “The page took a long time to load”)
Is this a new issue that you are experiencing or has it been going on for a while? Is is happening consistently, more frequently than not, or infrequently?
Basic details we need:
- What Operating System are you using? Which version is it? (Windows Vista, Mac 10.4, etc)
- What Browser are you using? Which version is it? (Chrome, Internet Explorer 7, FireFox 3.6, etc)
- Is it happening in just one Browser or in multiple browsers? Please specify which browsers are being affected.
Tell us about your internet connection:
- What type of connection are you using? (Cable, DSL, WiFI, ect)
- Run a speed test and post the download speed results - we recommend http://www.speedtest.net/
- Who is your Internet Service Provider (ISP)?
If you are having trouble with long loading time or choppy video playback, we need to know:
- Important: Are you using the Native JW Player, Embedded Hulu Player or mobile browser player?
- Affected Show Title(s) - is it happening to a particular show, certain shows or everything that you have tried to watch? Please give us at least 1 example, so we can test it.
- Affected Episode(s) - is it happening to a particular episode, certain episodes or all episodes? Please give us at least 1 example, so we can test it.
- Affected Language Version - if the show is Dual Language, is it the dubbed, dubbed or both versions that are affected?
- Affected Video Format - is it the SD, HD or both versions that are affected?
- Is your Flash Player/Plugin up to date?[/quote]
* For the fastest response, it is highly recommended that you post your issue in this thread - Moderators and Admins will see it faster and there’s a chance that one of our fellow users might know the answer of have a suggestion.
If you are having problems watching videos on an iOS Device (iPad, iPhone or iPod)
Head over to the iPad/iPhone/iPod/iOS Thread.
If you are getting a ‘Denied by Region’ message:
- Copy the IP address from the message
- Inform an Admin. You can either post the required info in this thread, or you can send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Denied by Region’
The IP address from the message
What country you are in (US or Canada)[/quote]3) An Admin will cross check your IP address with the American Registry for Internet Numbers. If it checks out, we will manually enable your IP Address in our system and let you know that you have been fixed. If it does not check out, an Admin will follow up with you to get a correct IP Address.
For more information on what caused this, read the Why is My IP Address Region Blocked post.
If you have a problem with the Hulu player embedded on our website:
Please post it in the Online Player Reports/Problems/Updates Thread.
Fill out the usual Technical Issue Report, but be sure to specify that it’s the embedded Hulu player. We will report the issue to the Hulu team and track it’s progress.
If you see a problem with our content on the Hulu site or one of their apps:
(such as wrong video, QC issues or incorrect data)
Please post it in the Anime Network on Hulu & Hulu Plus Thread.
Be sure to let us know what platform (web, mobile, Roku, ect.) you saw it on.
If you have technical difficulties with Hulu’s website or their Hulu Plus apps:
Please report it directly to them: www.hulu.com/help