Anime Network Online Player Reports/Problems/Updates Thread

[quote=“cygnus x-1” post=156332]When I try to watch episodes 9 and 10 of Mezzo, I get an error screen that says I need to be a premium subscriber to watch them. Yet I am a premium subscriber. :huh: All other episodes seem to be ok.

C|[/quote]

Hey Cygnus,

Please try again as the episodes should be working now.

-Mo-

[quote=“pbisson” post=156263]When playing back Beyond the Boundary EP 6, HD format, the video playback is choppy and skips forward. I’ve tried to view this episode several times and playback is always choppy. It doesn’t skip in exactly the same spot and to the same degree each time I play it back. But its always choppy.

I can view episodes from other series and even the previous BTB ep 5 without any issues. So, it looks like something is afu with this particular episode.

I’ve never played back EP 6 in SD format, so I can’t say how that one works.
This episode has been newly uploaded, so I’m not surprised if something is amiss…

I just thought I’d post this … any one else have this problem?

Can we get this fixed?[/quote]

Hey Pbisson,

We have tested out episode 6 Hi and low versions and cannot replicate choppy playback in either versions.
Can you confirm what your average internet speed you are receiving is?

Thanks,
-Mo-

[quote=“moisme” post=156364]

[quote=“pbisson” post=156263]When playing back Beyond the Boundary EP 6, HD format, the video playback is choppy and skips forward. I’ve tried to view this episode several times and playback is always choppy. It doesn’t skip in exactly the same spot and to the same degree each time I play it back. But its always choppy.

I can view episodes from other series and even the previous BTB ep 5 without any issues. So, it looks like something is afu with this particular episode.

I’ve never played back EP 6 in SD format, so I can’t say how that one works.
This episode has been newly uploaded, so I’m not surprised if something is amiss…

I just thought I’d post this … any one else have this problem?

Can we get this fixed?[/quote]

Hey Pbisson,

We have tested out episode 6 Hi and low versions and cannot replicate choppy playback in either versions.
Can you confirm what your average internet speed you are receiving is?

Thanks,
-Mo-[/quote]

OK, here’s a link to a fresh speedtest.net test: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3156564969
which says I’ve got >60Mbps down and >10Mbps up. (Verified against several different servers, even trans continental)

Anyway, the choppiness is very subtle and you’ll have to watch the video closely to see it happening. Because I also record the stream, it shows up there too in the form of a smaller than average file size (about 3/4 to 1/2 normal depending on which trial I look at). I have purposefully tried to view on ‘off peak’ times as best I can determine. I figured that would clear the issue. But it didn’t, so I figured I’d do a post.

I’m using an 2GHz I7 processor with a NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M video card (a laptop). As I say, I can view the previous episodes from this series, or others without any particular issues.

Slowhand: OK, I’ll post on the main thread from now on for new issues. Sorry about this.

P

Not really a complaint, but I just want to say that the A to Z Index doesn’t render properly in IE 11. It renders OK for Chrome (Version 31.0.1650.63 m) and Firefox (Version 26.0).

What happens is that a line item seems to overprint on the following item. For example, the list item after ‘Angle Beats’ (‘Anime Access: American Anime Awards/NY Comic Con 2007’) renders on top of the following list item (‘Anime Access: Anime Matsuri 2007’). The associated link is dead too.

I’ve peeked at the source HTML and there doesn’t seem to be any syntax errors, perhaps it’s a css issue?

The items following the items I list below show this ‘over printing’ behavior:

Angel Beats
Anime Access: Special Interviews
Hakuoki (OVAs) A Memory of Snow Flowers
Legend of Heroes ~ Trails in the Sky
Special A
UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie (Season 1)

Later!

[quote=“pbisson” post=156367]Not really a complaint, but I just want to say that the A to Z Index doesn’t render properly in IE 11. It renders OK for Chrome (Version 31.0.1650.63 m) and Firefox (Version 26.0).

What happens is that a line item seems to overprint on the following item. For example, the list item after ‘Angle Beats’ (‘Anime Access: American Anime Awards/NY Comic Con 2007’) renders on top of the following list item (‘Anime Access: Anime Matsuri 2007’). The associated link is dead too.

I’ve peeked at the source HTML and there doesn’t seem to be any syntax errors, perhaps it’s a css issue?

Angel Beats
Special A

Later![/quote]

Is this what you’re seeing?

It’s always so much easier when you can get a screenshot and put it in.
I have IE also and am seeing it in the same places.

[quote=“Slowhand” post=156369]

[quote=“pbisson” post=156367]Not really a complaint, but I just want to say that the A to Z Index doesn’t render properly in IE 11. It renders OK for Chrome (Version 31.0.1650.63 m) and Firefox (Version 26.0).

Angel Beats
Special A

Later![/quote]

I have IE also and am seeing it in the same places.[/quote]

what a good idea! Didn’t think to include a screen grab. But … yep, that’s it alright.

P

[quote=“pbisson”]
Because I also record the stream, it shows up there too in the form of a smaller than average file size (about 3/4 to 1/2 normal depending on which trial I look at).[/quote]

Unfortunately, we cannot find the cause behind the chopping playback you are experiencing with this episode. We’ve tested the original file and the server-side files and cannot replicate the issue.

Please be careful about recording, ripping or downloading (other than to temporary player memory for streaming purposes) any of our video materials as it is a violation of the site’s terms of use.

LICENSE TO USE SITE
ANIME NETWORK grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of this Site and not to download (other than page caching) or modify it, or any portion of it, except with express written consent of ANIME NETWORK.

For more information, check out: Terms Of Use - Anime Network

roger that

[quote=“moisme” post=156353]

[quote=“cygnus x-1” post=156332]When I try to watch episodes 9 and 10 of Mezzo, I get an error screen that says I need to be a premium subscriber to watch them. Yet I am a premium subscriber. :huh: All other episodes seem to be ok.

C|[/quote]

Hey Cygnus,

Please try again as the episodes should be working now.

-Mo-[/quote]

Works now. Thanks!

C|

I’ve watched several different anime shows (dubbed) and most of the episodes are freezing and while froze will keep talking as though the show isn’t froze. Or when it unfreezes it repeats the same line over twice. It doesn’t bug me that much but, I just thought I should say something about it. Thank you.

I have IE also and am seeing it in the same places.

what a good idea! Didn’t think to include a screen grab. But … yep, that’s it alright.

P[/quote]

I see the same thing as your screen shot in IE 10, but not in FireFox 21.0. In Firefox 21.0, the problem titles appear where the blank lines are in IE 10 (and in your cap). There’s no overwriting and the links all work.

I wonder if this is some kind of problem with text wrapping with those longer titles. In FireFox 21 the longer lines just truncate at the right edge of the column and don’t wrap.

Could be an issue with justification too. For example, what happens if a line of text that’s longer than the column width is right-justified? Different browsers, different styles could produce inconsistent results.

Or, I’m wrong. Whatever the case, it does work OK in FireFox 21.0. If I can work out a reason for that, I’ll post it.

Happy Viewing,

Neo Angelique Abyss, Second Age. Episode 2 won’t play. It looks like it isn’t even available. Thanks!

It’s working for me…

[quote]OP Technical Issue Report
We need to know some specific information in order to troubleshoot your issue:

• Give us a short summary of the problem you are experiencing with the Online Player.

• Did this just start happening, has it been going on for a while or is it a problem that came back after being fixed?

• Affected Show Title(s) - is it happening to a particular show, certain shows or everything

• Affected Episode Number(s) - is it happening to a particular episode, certain episodes or all episodes

• Affected Language Version - if the show is Dual Language, is it the dubbed, dubbed or both versions that are affected

• Affected Video Format - is it the SD, HD or both versions that are affected

• What Operating System are you using? Which version is it? (Windows Vista, Mac 10.4, etc)

• What Browser are you using? Which version is it? (Chrome, Internet Explorer 7, FireFox 3.6, etc)

• Is it happening in just one Browser or multiple browsers?

• Is your Flash Player/Plugin up to date?

If you are having trouble with smooth video playback, tell us about your internet connection:

• What type of connection are you using? (Cable, DSL, WiFI, ect)

• Run a speed test and post the download speed results - we recommend http://www.speedtest.net/[/quote]

I am able to watch every other episode of Neo Angelique Abyss - Second Age, except episode 2. This episode doesn’t even show a guest button to the right of the episode. I am using Safari on an iPad 1and my speeds are fine. I checked just now with my iPhone and it is still the same. Every other episode will play.

Give it a try now.

It works…thanks!

I don’t remeber if I came here on reports of the Medaka Box audio issue. But due to news of Maria Holic being delayed just recently after it popped on TAN. Can you see if there is a specific audio issue with timeframe 16:43-17:19 of Episode 3?

There is no missing audio like in Medaka, but two audio tracks are colliding together in somewhat the same volume. Where I hear in the japanese version is when the track with the character crying in the rain should be lowered a bit when her mental thought speaks out somewhat over powering her out of head notions. This monolouge along with her yelling continues until the end of said time frame.

So far I found nothing else bad yet i’ll keep enjoying this series notifying if any errors show in the presentation itself that may have resulted in delaying release.

https://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Busou-Shinki/Lene-s-Underground-Wars-of-the-Empire/Watch the video glitches back and forth between a few frames over the course of two sentences. the audio plays fine from what i can tell, just the pool-table scene overlaps with the one before it making it impossible to rad the subs or even see what is going on in either of the affected scenes.

Laggy/always buffering

Title: Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere (Season 2) Episode 11 Dubbed (SD and HD quality)

How long has it been doing it? For several weeks now.

Side Note: I seem to get a good bit of buffering problems from this site. That’s even on SD.

Info:

• Windows 7 64bit Enterprise

• Tried in 3 different browsers (IE 11, Chrome 31.0.1650.63 m, and Firefox 26.0)

• Installed both versions of Flash (IE and System)

• Made sure no other programs were running to use up resources

• ISP: Verizon DSL for right now.

• Speed test:

• Local/1hr away: Ping=63ms , DL=6.42Mbps , UL=0.58Mbps

• Neighbor State: Ping=51ms , DL=6.55Mbps , UL=0.64Mbps

Hope that’s enough information. :slight_smile: