Anime Network VOD on DirecTV: Skipping during episodes

I’ve downloaded Infinite Stratus ep 02 twice via DirecTV DRV, but the episode has gaps in playback. I deleted the episode and downloaded it a second time, but the 2nd time the playback gaps were at the exact same points. Most of the gaps are a minute or two long, but one gap appears to be almost 10 minutes. The problem appears to be the file for the episode itself, and needless to say, this makes things unwatchable.

Any other DirecTV users having trouble with this?

DirecTV Tustin CA 92780

[quote]Slowhand wrote:

[quote]jakcrow wrote:

I’ve downloaded Infinite Stratus ep 02 twice via DirecTV DRV, but the episode has gaps in playback. I deleted the episode and downloaded it a second time, but the 2nd time the playback gaps were at the exact same points. Most of the gaps are a minute or two long, but one gap appears to be almost 10 minutes. The problem appears to be the file for the episode itself, and needless to say, this makes things unwatchable.[/quote]

Any other DirecTV users having trouble with this?
[/quote]

I see no playback issues with Infinite Stratos episodes 1 through 6. Even the captions work. :slight_smile:

Watching IS ep 3 and have gotten one 1 minute skip, another that’s approximately 2 minutes, and another that looked to be more than 5 minutes, and one that was only a few seconds. If I back up , I have to back up to before the skips, otherwise reverse gets stuck at work they happen, and when played over, skips are at the same points. I’ve got the HR34 DVR. I’m in Livermore, CA 94551.

I talked to DTV support and the tech said Anime Network sends the episode to them and then the episode is distributed to customers. I’m assuming there are regional servers, so could it be the copy I’ve receiving was either delivered with corruptions to the DTV or that the file on DTV server is bad.

Infinite Stratos episode is going to expire in 30 minutes.
Right now, I am using PIP to it on both an HR21 and a THR22 simultaneously.
So far, no glitches.

Done. No skipping of any type on episode 02.

When, specifically, on the timeline does that occur?

-Joe

I’ve found it happening on all the shows I’ve downloaded on from Anime VOD. Going to follow up with dtv more.

I’ve seen the picture freeze for a few seconds on regular shows (like the finale to The Amazing Race), but not on any VOD.

If you see freezing or skipping VOD downloaded from other channels, then I would expect hardware problems on your unit.

-Joe