Anime Network VOD Reports/Updates/Questions Thread (2021)

Welcome to the Anime Network Video On Demand (VOD) thread!

Please make every effort to report back when your issues are resolved. If you do not report back, your Missing Content remains on the report week after week.

We cannot guess that you’ve received your content unless you tell us! There are too many of you (in this thread and by PMs) for me to try to figure out that if you don’t report back that you’ve received your content (or not).

Thanks for all your help!

Slowhand - Moderator

I send in the VOD Report on MONDAY mornings. Please try to report your issues as soon as possible and we’ll get right on it!

Anime Network VOD Reports/Updates/Questions Thread (2020)

Before posting (newcomers), please look around the resources and the recent pages in this thread before complaining. In many cases your questions might be covered already.

Please read, learn and participate:

Links and Resources:

Video On Demand Schedules
Anime Network Blogs
Video On Demand General Info & Response Thread - this is a catch-all for all the information I receive from Administration (easier than trying to scroll through this thread).

Use this forum to discuss, submit questions/complaints/suggestions with other Anime Network viewers.

(Click arrows to read complete explanations):

I. We need your Zip Code and Cable/Satellite Provider to Help

When submitting reports of problems, it is important to provide us with information of your cable/network/VOD provider, and your Zip Code (this information is needed to track down the problem). (PM this to Slowhand if you want to keep the information private) and other information about the nature of the problem, as well as the specific anime/episode in question. Anime Network and your Cable/Satellite Provider can not help you without this information.

II. Please contact your Cable/Satellite Provider with information on missing updates

It is equally important that you call or email your Cable/Satellite/Service provider along with posting in this thread, as most problems are usually the result of problems on their side or the VOD company they subcontract to update the content that Anime Network sends to them.

Viewers experiencing missing updates need to contact your cable provider.

If you do not report the problem, then the systems do not seek to replace it after it fails for some reason. The more you call, the more the cable provider will pay attention to making sure Anime Network is working properly.

When making a call to your provider, it is usually best to request to speak to the manager or the supervisor. Usually, regular customer service representatives can only take down your request, but don’t have much power beyond that.

Please make sure the Customer service agent you speak to understands that Anime Network has sent the episodes and there may be a local problem with either their network, full disc drives or some other technical problem that is preventing the delivery of the episodes (this depends on the circumstances which can be case specific).

You have to try to make them file the report or speak to the supervisor, understand the problem and not let them give you the run around of “we only post what we are sent to by the provider” (this is a stock response) so that it can be sent to their VOD department.

III. Missing Updates - Where are my updates?

VOD technology allows great convenience in that it allows viewers to watch a wide range of programming through your cable box without having to go out to rent or buy DVDs from many programming options, but it is a very complex technology. Your Cable or Satellite provider or their VOD subcontracting companies like (InDemand, etc.) are responsible for granting you the user access to these updates. There are so many layers and handlers of the data, including subcontracting VOD companies that handle the infrastructure, storage, VOD file management for your Cable companies. This is normally why Cable companies usually have a hard time fixing or dealing with VOD.

A lot of the large cable providers have different regional operation centers that handle the VOD for certain regions. This complicates it because human error can happen, if someone from your area’s VOD department forgot to make the updates Anime Network sent them available or if your area’s VOD hard drives are full… they reject the updates Anime Network sends them.

Anime Network may be able to determine whether the updates were sent out or not, but after that point, the responsibility of the update will go to your Cable provider or the company that manages the content sent to them.

(This is why it’s important to let your cable provider’s customer service department know and take note of the issue and report it to their VOD department. See above information)

Reports submitted by the viewers will be looked over by Anime Network in the reports sent to them, and they will try to get your Cable/Satellite provider to fix it from this side – but there is only so much Anime Network can do to convince your Cable/Satellite provider without your help on fixing the issue.

IV. Why are the shows starting at episode 5 and why can't I get the entire series of a show at once?

Anime Network always shows series from the beginning (unless it’s a special circumstance). It’s a moving train of content, every week new shows and episodes are posted, eventually they start back at episode 1 or different shows at episode 1.

Most people think Video On Demand means every single episode available of every show. While this is now true for Subscription VOD (showing entire series, but NOT the entire catalog), it’s not true for FREE VOD. VOD in general works pretty much like TV does, except the episodes are available usually for a month to be viewed anytime, then they are replaced, with weekly updates that are posted every Thursday (Some providers post it early on Wednesday afternoon/night). That’s how the cable providers operate VOD in general.

Cable companies place a limit on what the content providers, like Anime Network can provide. For Free VOD carriers this is usually 30 hours of storage space a month. So Anime Network and other VOD providers have to work within those constraints.

SVOD - their schedules are different from the posted FreeVOD and will have their own independent schedules.

A few first episodes of shows are for free (with ads) at HIDIVE.
Subscriptions are currently available for a low price.

V. Why is buying Sentai Filmworks and Section23 Films DVD/BDs of show that are available on Anime Network important?

It is the foundation of income and helps Sentai Filmworks, Section23 Films and other Anime production and licensing studios to acquire new anime series for Anime Network.

If you like a show on Anime Network, please show your support and buy the legal Sentai Filmworks, Section23 Films DVD/BDs from respected retailers like Sentai Filmworks Shop or Right Stuf.com or at your local Best Buy, Fry’s or Walmart, and other retailers – a lot of these shows are expensive to license and produce for English audiences. While VOD ad revenue does help to pay for some of this access, if you want new shows and new productions – DVD/BD sales are incredibly important in allowing Anime Network to acquire new shows from Japan!

Without your financial support, it means less shows, and less services.

VI. This is what's required from you who are reporting problems:

When you report a problem or missing update, we need you to provide your Cable/Satellite or VOD provider for Anime Network (TAN) and also your Zip Code (City, State would also be helpful). This information is now necessary to help track down your problems with your Cable/Satellite/VOD provider.

For example:
DirecTV, 78702 (Austin, TX)
(Your Report)

If you do not provide us information we are not going to be able to help you.

The weekly report is sent to Anime Network every Monday (except holidays). This gives a chance for all episodes to load from the previous Thursday.

Thank you for your cooperation. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Link to 2020 thread

January 2021 SVOD Blog

January 2021 FVOD Blog

4 Likes

Frontier VantageTV
Trumbull, CT 06611

One (1) show/series SD & HD have been added. One (1) show/series have been removed. Here’s the update to the entire list. Also added are the series episode counts. As of today, 1/7/21 @ 8:15 am, there was a change in some series SD or HD episodes, see below. Based on the post from @Slowhand, I have removed all SD entries under the “Problem” section. Although, Frontier is still loading SD versions that may affect episode counts. The episode count went from 1483 to 1507, an addition of 24 episodes. The shows currently available in order as listed by Frontier for viewing in SD & HD:

Press to expand - January 7

Anonymous Noise - eps 1 to 12
Ao-Chan Can’t Study - eps 1 to 12
Assassins Pride - eps 1 to 12
BanG Dream! Season 3 - eps 1 to 13
Basquash! - eps 1 to 26
Bloom Into You (dubbed) - eps 1 to 13
Chidori RSC - eps 1 to 12
Chihayafuru - eps 1 to 13
Chihayafuru - eps 14 to 25
Chivalry Of a Failed Knight (dubbed) - eps 1 to 12
Cinderella Nine - eps 1 to 12
The Demon Girl Next Door - eps 1 to 12
Devils Line (dubbed) - eps 1 to 12
Dimension High School - eps 1 to 12
Domestic Girlfriend - eps 1 to 12
The Familiar of Zero - eps 1 to 13
Flying Witch (dubbed) - eps 1 to 12
Girls’ Last Tour (dubbed) - eps 1 to 12
Grimms Notes The Animation - eps 1 to 12
Is it Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon (dubbed) - eps 1 to 13
Is it Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon II - eps 1 to 12
Is It Wrong/Arrow Of The Orion
Joshiraku - eps 1 to 13
Kampfer (dubbed) - eps 1 to 12
Kandagawa Jet Girls - eps 1 to 12
K-ON! (dubbed) - eps 1 to 13
Land Of The Lustrous (dubbed) - eps 1 to 12
Log Horizon Season 2 (dubbed) - eps 1 to 25
Long Riders! - eps 1 to 12
Love Stage!! - eps 1 to 10
Made in Abyss (dubbed) - eps 1 to 13
Made in Abyss: Wandering Twilight
Momokuri - eps 1 to 13
Namuamidabutsu!-Utena - eps 1 to 12
Natsu No Arashi - eps 1 to 13
O Maidens In Your Savage Season - eps 1 to 12
Outburst Dreamer Boys - eps 1 to 11
The Price Of Smiles - eps 1 to 12
Re:Stage! Dream Days - eps 1 to 12
Rin-Ne - eps 1 to 25
Rin-Ne - Season 2 - eps 1 to 13
Rin-Ne - Season 2 - eps 14 to 25
(New) Rin-Ne - Season 3 - ep 1 to 13
Senryu Girl - eps 1 to 12
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU - eps 1 to 13
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Too - eps 1 to 13
Sword Oratoria: Is It Wrong/On the Side - eps 1 to 12
Tada Never Falls In Love - eps 1 to 13
This Art Club Has A Problem - eps 1 to 12
To LoveRu - eps 1 to 26
Motto To LoveRu - eps 1 to 12
To Love Ru Darkness - eps 1 to 12
To Love Ru Darkness 2 - eps 1 to 12
We Rent Tsukumogami - eps 1 to 12
Tsurune - eps 1 to 13
Utano Princesama Maji LOVE Kingdom
Val x Love - eps 1 to 12
Wasteful Days Of Highschool Girls - eps 1 to 12
Why/Are You Here Teacher? - eps 1 to 12
Z/X: Code Reunion - eps 1 to 12

Problem Shows/Series - November 5, 2020

Missing - My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU (SD) eps 10

Finally, I separated from the expired show/series from the main list above.

Expired in 2021 Shows/Series - January 7

(Removed 1/7) Made in Abyss: Journey’s Dawn

3 Likes

Spectrum (TWC) Round Rock, TX 78681

Schedule for January 7, 2021:

BanG Dream! 11 - “I Couldn’t Sing Anymore”
Domestic Girlfriend 2 - “By Any Chance, Did We Do It?”
Hozuki’s Coolheadedness 2 3 - “The Auspicious Alliance / Quirky Off-the-Wall Creatures”
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? II 4 - “War Game”
Kandagawa Jet Girls 1 - “The Kandagawa is Calling” (FIRST EPISODE)
Land of the Lustrous 5 - “Return”
The Magnificent KOTOBUKI 8 - “The Great Airship Robbery”
O Maidens in Your Savage Season 9 - “The Orange Fox’s Lilies”
Tada Never Falls in Love 8 - “Did You Say You Were a Rain-bringer?”
(RECEIVED)

For some reason, some of the Bloom Into You episodes are still hanging around (9, 10 & 11), even though they should have expired in December. Guessing they have the incorrect end date.

4 Likes

First Report of the Year Report for January 7th 2021

Received

Rin-Ne S3 C1 eps 1-13

Not Received

Cinderella Nine episodes 1 and 6

To Love Ru Darkness 2nd Episodes 1, 2, 5, 11, and 12
:sob::sob::sob:

Notes

Hopefully everyone made it to 2021 okay.

Comcast Xfinity Intercession City FL 33848

4 Likes

The report for this week & all follow-ups was compiled and sent to Anime Network today.

DirecTV
  • episode titles not appearing - STILL PENDING since 11/22/2018 (have asked about this several times, no response)
Frontier
  • Asking about anime folders - STILL PENDING

Also on report:

• FVOD Schedules - Vatican Miracle Examiner thumbnails broken
  • FVOD schedules: Print version, has each date listed twice, then by series name.

Please let me know if I’ve missed anything!

Thanks!! :+1:

January 2021 SVOD Blog
January 2021, FVOD Blog

Upcoming February 2021 FVOD anime

Feb 4 - Love and Lies (1 ep/week)
Feb 11 - Tanaka-kun Is Always Listless (1 ep/week)
Feb 18 - Non Non Biyori (1 ep/week)

3 Likes

Optimum For Wall Township, New Jersey 07719.

I forget to post this last week. Sorry.

Received as of 1/8/21:
RINE-NE Season Three 1-13

Still Missing:
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon (season 1) 11

3 Likes

DirecTV Phoenix, AZ

• 2021-01-07 update: Everything expected has arrived.
  • The episode detail page still does not show the episode title. Pending since 2018-11-29.
  • The worksheet at http://tinyurl.com/yckwpnrs is updated.
++PLS
3 Likes

Frontier VantageTV
Trumbull, CT 06611

No show/series SD & HD have been added. One (1) show/series have been removed. Here’s the update to the entire list. Also added are the series episode counts. As of today, 1/11/21 @ 9:45 pm, there was a change in some series SD or HD episodes, see below. Based on the post from @Slowhand, I have removed all SD entries under the “Problem” section. Although, Frontier is still loading SD versions that may affect episode counts. The episode count went from 1507 to 1483, a reduction of 24 episodes. The shows currently available in order as listed by Frontier for viewing in SD & HD:

Press to expand - January 11

Basquash! - eps 1 to 26
Joshiraku - eps 1 to 13
Momokuri - eps 1 to 13
Rin-Ne - eps 1 to 25
Rin-Ne - Season 3 - ep 1 to 13
To LoveRu - eps 1 to 26
Tsurune - eps 1 to 13
Val x Love - eps 1 to 12

Expired in 2021 Shows/Series - January 11

(Removed 1/10) Senryu Girl - eps 1 to 12

3 Likes

Schedule for January 14, 2021:

BanG Dream! 12 - “I Sparkled?!”
Domestic Girlfriend 3 - “Is It True, After All?”
Hozuki’s Coolheadedness 2 4 - “The Legend of Mustard / Please Turnip for the Demon Parde”
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? II 5 - “Home”
Is the Order a Rabbit? 1 - “I Knew at First Glance That It Was No Ordinary Fluffball” (FIRST EPISODE)
Is the Order a Rabbit? 2 - “The Girl Who Loved Wheat and the Girl Loved by Azuki Beans”
Kandagawa Jet Girls 2 - “The Ace’s Pride”
Land of the Lustrous 6 - “First Battle”
The Magnificent KOTOBUKI 9 - “The Vagabond Spruce”
My Teen Romantic Comedy ~ SNAFU 1 - “Youth Romantic Comedy is Wrong, as I Expected” (FIRST EPISODE)
My Teen Romantic Comedy ~ SNAFU 2 - “All People Surely Have Their Own Worries”
O Maidens in Your Savage Season 10 - “Holes”
Tada Never Falls in Love 9 - “I Don’t Have One Now”
(RECEIVED)

For some reason, some of the Bloom Into You episodes are still hanging around (9, 10 & 11), even though they should have expired in December. Guessing they have the incorrect end date.

4 Likes

Frontier VantageTV
Trumbull, CT 06611

One (1) show/series SD & HD have been added. No show/series have been removed. Here’s the update to the entire list. Also added are the series episode counts. As of today, 1/14/21 @ 2:45 pm, there was a change in some series SD or HD episodes, see below. Based on the post from @Slowhand, I have removed all SD entries under the “Problem” section. Although, Frontier is still loading SD versions that may affect episode counts. The episode count went from 1483 to 1509, an addition of 26 episodes. The shows currently available in order as listed by Frontier for viewing in SD & HD:

Press to expand - January 14

Basquash! - eps 1 to 26
(New) Chihayafuru Season 2 - eps 1 to 13
Joshiraku - eps 1 to 13
Momokuri - eps 1 to 13
Rin-Ne - eps 1 to 25
To LoveRu - eps 1 to 26
Tsurune - eps 1 to 13
Val x Love - eps 1 to 12

Expired in 2021 Shows/Series - January 11

3 Likes

Spectrum - Los Angeles - 91367

All Jan 7 updates received.
For Jan 14, missing everything.

3 Likes

Verizon Fios - 13027

This is everything currently available

Action Zone
Basquash - 1 to 26
Land of the Lustrous - 1 to 12
Log Horizon (season 2) - 1 to 25

Girl Power
Bang Dream (season 3) - 1 to 13
Bloom Into You - 1 to 13
Girls Last Tour - 1 to 12
Joshiraku - 1 to 13
Kandagawa Jet Girls - 1 to 12
Long Riders - 1 to 12
O Maiden In Your Savage Season - 1 to 12
Wasteful days of High School Girls - 1 to 12

Super Happy Funtime
Anonymous Noise - 1 to 12
Ao-Chan Can’t Study - 1 to 12
Assassins Pride - 1 to 12
Chidori RSC - 1 to 12
Chihayafuru (season 1) - 1 to 23, 25
Chihayafuru (season 2) - 1 to 13, 23
Chivalry of a Failed Knight - 1 to 12
Cinderella Nine - 1 to 12
Demon Girl Next Door - 1 to 12
Devils’ Line - 1 to 12
Domestic Girlfriend - 1 to 12
Familiar of Zero - 1 to 13
Flying Witch - 1 to 12
Grimms Notes the Animation - 1 to 12
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon (season 1) - 1 to 13
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon (season 2) - 1 to 12
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon - Arrow of the Orion
K-on (season 1) - 1 to 13
Kampher - 1 to 12
Love Stage - 1 to 10
Made in Abyss - 1 to 13
Momokuri - 1 to 13
Motto To Love Ru - 1 to 12
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU - 1 to 13
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Too - 1 to 13
Namuamidabutsu Utena - 1 to 12
Natsu no Arashi - 1 to 13
Outburst Dreamer Boys - 1 to 11
Price of Smiles - 1 to 12
Re: Stage! Dream Days - 1 to 12
Rin-ne (season 1) - 1 to 25
Rin-ne (season 2) - 1 to 25
Rin-ne (season 3) - 1 to 13
Sword Oratoria - 1 to 12
Tada Never Falls in Love - 1 to 13
This Art Club Has a Problem - 1 to 12
To Love Ru - 1 to 26
To Love Ru Darkness - 1 to 12
To Love Ru Darkness 2nd - 1 to 12
Tsurune - 1 to 13
Uta No Prince-sama Maji Love Kingdom
Val X Love - 1 to 12
We Rent Tsukumogami - 1 to 12
Why the Hell Are You Here, Teacher - 1 to 12
Z/X Code Reunion - 1 to 12

3 Likes

The @Slowhand is going to send me to her dungeon if I’m much later on this Report for January 14th 2021

Received

Chihayafuru Season 2 Collection 1 episodes 1 through 13

Not Received

Notes

Nothing to report at this time

4 Likes

The report for this week & all follow-ups was compiled and sent to Anime Network today.

DirecTV
  • episode titles not appearing - STILL PENDING since 11/22/2018 (have asked about this several times, no response)
Frontier
  • Asking about anime folders - STILL PENDING

Also on report:

• FVOD Schedules - Vatican Miracle Examiner thumbnails broken
  • FVOD schedules: Print version, has each date listed twice, then by series name.

Please let me know if I’ve missed anything!

Thanks!! :+1:

January 2021 SVOD Blog
January 2021, FVOD Blog

Upcoming February 2021 FVOD anime

Feb 4 - Love and Lies (1 ep/week)
Feb 11 - Tanaka-kun Is Always Listless (1 ep/week)
Feb 18 - Non Non Biyori (1 ep/week)

4 Likes

Frontier VantageTV
Trumbull, CT 06611

No show/series SD & HD have been added. One (1) show/series have been removed. Here’s the update to the entire list. Also added are the series episode counts. As of today, 1/18/21 @ 7:45 pm, there was a change in some series SD or HD episodes, see below. Based on the post from @Slowhand, I have removed all SD entries under the “Problem” section. Although, Frontier is still loading SD versions that may affect episode counts. The episode count went from 1509 to 1485, a reduction of 24 episodes. The shows currently available in order as listed by Frontier for viewing in SD & HD:

Press to expand - January 18

Basquash! - eps 1 to 26
Chihayafuru Season 2 - eps 1 to 13
Joshiraku - eps 1 to 13
Momokuri - eps 1 to 13
Rin-Ne - eps 1 to 25
To LoveRu - eps 1 to 26
Tsurune - eps 1 to 13
Val x Love - eps 1 to 12

Expired in 2021 Shows/Series - January 18

(Removed 1/17) Dimension High School - eps 1 to 12

3 Likes

Frontier VantageTV
Trumbull, CT 06611

Two (2) show/series SD & HD have been added. No show/series have been removed. Here’s the update to the entire list. Also added are the series episode counts. As of today, 1/21/21 @ 1:45 am, there was a change in some series SD or HD episodes, see below. Based on the post from @Slowhand, I have removed all SD entries under the “Problem” section. Although, Frontier is still loading SD versions that may affect episode counts. The episode count went from 1485 to 1535, an addition of 50 episodes. The shows currently available in order as listed by Frontier for viewing in SD & HD:

Press to expand - January 21

(New) Ahiru No Sora - eps 1 to 13
Basquash! - eps 1 to 26
Chihayafuru Season 2 - eps 1 to 13
Joshiraku - eps 1 to 13
Momokuri - eps 1 to 13
(New) Non Non Biyori - eps 1 to 12
Rin-Ne - eps 1 to 25
To LoveRu - eps 1 to 26
Tsurune - eps 1 to 13
Val x Love - eps 1 to 12

Expired in 2021 Shows/Series - January 18

(Removed 1/17) Dimension High School - eps 1 to 12

3 Likes

The “I’m making sure I’m early this week” Report for January 21st 2021

Received

Non Non Biyori S1 complete series episodes 1 through 12

Ahiru No Sora Collection 1 episodes 1 through 13

Not Received

Notes

Ahiru No Sora episode 5’s title…

3 Likes

Schedule for January 21, 2021:

BanG Dream! 13 - “We Sang!” (FINAL EPISODE)
Domestic Girlfriend 4 - “And… What About You?”
Hozuki’s Coolheadedness 2 5 - “Ono no Takamura / Stories of Great King Enma”
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? II 6 - “Ishtar Familia”
Is the Order a Rabbit? 3 - “Do You Remember the Day You First Got Drunk? You Tried to Light a Campfire in Your Own Home, Didn’t You?”
Is the Order a Rabbit? 4 - “Your Lucky Items Are Vegetables, Crime, and Punishment”
Kandagawa Jet Girls 3 - “Country Comes to Town”
Land of the Lustrous 7 - “Hibernation”
The Magnificent KOTOBUKI 10 - “The Aggressive Bombers”
My Teen Romantic Comedy ~ SNAFU 3 - “Sometimes the God of Rom-Coms Does Nice Things”
My Teen Romantic Comedy ~ SNAFU 4 - “In Other Words, He Doesn’t Have Many Friends”
O Maidens in Your Savage Season 11 - “Inappropriate Conduct Between the Sexes is Now Forbidden”
Tada Never Falls in Love 10 - “It Isn’t the Real One”
Wasteful Days of High School Girls 1 - “Amazing” (FIRST EPISODE)
(RECEIVED)

4 Likes

Optimum For Wall Township, New Jersey 07719.

Received as of 1/21/21:
Ahiru No Sora 1-13
Non Non Biyor 1-12

No longer Missing:
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon (season 1) 11

3 Likes