Anime Network VOD Reports/Updates/Questions Thread (2015)

[size=15]Anime Network VOD Reports/Updates/Questions Thread (2014)[/size]

Before posting (newcomers), please look around the resources and the recent pages in this thread before complaining. In many cases your questions might be covered already.

Please read, learn and participate:

Links and Resources: (Check stuck threads at the top for the latest news and information)

Video On Demand Schedule
Video On Demand General Info & Response Thread

Use this forum to discuss, submit questions/complaints/suggestions with other Anime Network viewers. The links above will provide most commonly asked questions regarding Anime Network services and properties.

I. We need your Zip Code and Cable/Satellite Provider to Help

When submitting reports of problems, it is important to provide us with information of your cable/network/VOD provider, and your ZipCode (this information is needed to track down the problem). (PM this to Slowhand if you want to keep the information private) and other information about the nature of the problem, as well as the specific anime/episode in question. Anime Network and your Cable/Satellite Provider can not help you without this information.

II. Please contact your Cable/Satellite Provider with information on missing updates

It is equally important that you call and email your Cable/Satellite/Service provider along with posting in this thread, as most problems are usually the result of problems on their side or the VOD company they subcontract to update the content that Anime Network sends to them.

Viewers experiencing missing updates need to contact your cable provider.

If you do not report the problem, then the systems do not seek to replace it after it fails for some reason. The more you call, the more the cable provider will pay attention to making sure Anime Network is working properly.

When making a call to your provider, it is usually best to request to speak to the manager or the supervisor. Usually, regular customer service representatives can only take down your request, but donā€™t have much power beyond that.

Please make sure the Customer service agent you speak to understands that Anime Network has sent the episodes and there may be a local problem with either their network, full disc drives or some other technical problem that is preventing the delivery of the episodes (this depends on the circumstances which can be case specific).

You have to try to make them file the report or speak to the supervisor, understand the problem and not let them give you the run around of ā€œwe only post what we are sent to by the providerā€ (this is a stock response) so that it can be sent to their VOD department.

III. Missing Updates - Where are my updates?

VOD technology allows great convenience in that it allows viewers to watch a wide range of programming through your cable box without having to go out to rent or buy DVDs from many programming options, but it is a very complex technology. Your Cable or Satellite provider or their VOD subcontracting companies like (InDemand, etc.) are responsible for granting you the user access to these updates. There are so many layers and handlers of the data, including subcontracting VOD companies that handle the infrastructure, storage, VOD file management for your Cable companies. This is normally why Cable companies usually have a hard time fixing or dealing with VOD.

A lot of the large cable providers have different regional operation centers that handle the VOD for certain regions. This complicates it because human error can happen, if someone from your areaā€™s VOD department forgot to make the updates Anime Network sent them available or if your areaā€™s VOD hard drives are fullā€¦ they reject the updates Anime Network sends them.

Anime Network may be able to determine whether the updates were sent out or not, but after that point, the responsibility of the update will go to your Cable provider or the company that manages the content sent to them.

(This is why itā€™s important to let your cable providerā€™s customer service department know and take note of the issue and report it to their VOD department. See above information)

Reports submitted by the viewers will be looked over by Anime Network in the reports sent to them, and they will try to get your Cable/Satellite provider to fix it from this side ā€“ but there is only so much Anime Network can do to convince your Cable/Satellite provider without your help on fixing the issue.

IV. Why are the shows starting at episode 5 and why canā€™t I get the entire series of a show at once?

Anime Network always shows series from the beginning (unless itā€™s a special circumstance). Itā€™s a moving train of content, every week new shows and episodes are posted, eventually they start back at episode 1 or different shows at episode 1.

Most people think Video On Demand means every single episode available of every show. Unfortunately the technology and expense of doing this is not viable at this time and unrealistically high expectations are formed. VOD in general works pretty much like TV does, except the episodes are available usually for a month to be viewed anytime, then they are replaced, with weekly updates that are posted every Thursday (Some providers post it early on Wednesday afternoon/night). Thatā€™s how the cable providers operate VOD in general.

Cable companies place a limit on what the content providers, like Anime Network can provide. For SVOD and Free VOD carriers this is usually 30 hours of storage space a month. So Anime Network and other VOD providers have to work within those constraints.

Anime Network Online Player where a lot of these episodes and shows are hosted on Anime Networkā€™s own servers - series in their entirety are available!

V. Why is buying Sentai Filmworks and Section23 Films DVDs of show that are available on Anime Network important?

It is the foundation of income and helps Sentai Filmworks, Section23 Films and other Anime production and licensing studios to acquire new anime series for Anime Network.

If you like a show on Anime Network, please show your support and buy the legal Sentai Filmworks, Section23 Films DVDs from respected retailers like Right Stuf.com or DVDpacific.com or at your local Best Buy, Fryā€™s or Walmart, and other retailers ā€“ a lot of these shows are expensive to license and produce for English audiences. While VOD ad revenue does help to pay for some of this access, if you want new shows and new productions ā€“ DVD sales are incredibly important in allowing Anime Network to acquire new shows from Japan!

Without your financial support, it means less shows, and less services.

VI. It is required from you all in the future that are reporting problems:

When you report a problem or missing update, we need you to provide your Cable/Satellite or VOD provider for Anime Network (TAN) and also your Zip Code (City, State would also be helpful). This information is now necessary to help track down your problems with your Cable/Satellite/VOD provider.

For example:
Time Warner, 78702 (Austin, TX)
(Your Report)

If you do not provide us information we are not going to be able to help you.

The weekly report is sent to Anime Network every Monday (except holidays). This gives a chance for all episodes to load from the previous Thursday.

Thank you for your cooperation. :slight_smile:

This topic is now pinned. It will appear at the top of its category until it is unpinned by staff for everyone, or by individual users for themselves.

1 Like

DirecTV, 94536

2015-01-01: Missing 13 episodes; 1 premiere + 1 feature

The update from 12/25 is still missing.

ARGEVOLLEN (sub) - - - - - - - - [06] Run, Jamie
^ Blade & Soul (sub) - - - - - - - [01] Path 1                (premiere)
  Blade Dance, Elementalers (sub)  [08] Team Scarlet
  Captain Earth  (sub) - - - - - - [13] My Town
^ Children Who Chase Lost Voices (sub) [00] 118 minute movie  (premiere)
  Fate / Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya [04] We Lost
  Glasslip (sub) - - - - - - - - - [08] Snow
  Haikyu!! (sub) - - - - - - - - - [21] Senpai's True Abilities
  Invaders of the Rokujyoma!? (sub) [07] My Knight
  Momokyun Sword (sub) - - - - - - [09] A Huge Plot Twist!? Momo's Secret
  Monthly Girls' Nozaki-Kun (sub)  [08] The Prince (Girl) of the School's Problems
  My Mental Choices Romantic Comedy [03] Girls and Panties
  Rail Wars (sub)  - - - - - - - - [07] I Thought it Suited You

(Captain Earth grayed out)

Episodes currently listed for DirecTV Channel 1889: (hyphens indicate missing episodes)

** Action Zone **
Argevollen 03, 04, 05- 06-
Black Bullet 12, 13.
Blade Dance, Elementalers 05, 06, 07- 08-
Broken Blade 01,02, 03-04- 05-06-
Captain Earth __, __, 12- 13-
Momokyun Sword 06, 07, 08- 09-
Towanoquon 01,02, 03-04- 05-06- finale

** Girl Power **
Fate / Kaled Liner Prisma 01, 02, 03- 04-
Glasslip 05, 06, 07- 08-
Rail Wars 04, 05, 06- 07-

** Super Happy Funtime **
Haikyu!! 18, 19, 20- 21-
Invaders of the Rokujyoma!? 04, 05, 06- 07-
Monthly Girlsā€™ Nozaki-Kun 05, 06, 07- 08-
My Mental Choices __ 01, 02- 03-

2 Likes

Eastlink TV

Guess weā€™re missing some in the Jan. 1 Updateā€¦ though I think we were missing 1-2 in the last one but it got fixed by the weekend. But hereā€™s how it stands atm.

Missing:
Blade dance of the Elementalers ep. 8

P.S.-Happy New year!

1 Like

TWC Round Rock, TX 78681

Schedule for January 1, 2015:

ARGEVOLLEN 6 - "Run, Jamie!"
Blade & Soul 1 - ā€œPath 1!ā€ (FIRST EPISODE)
Blade Dance of the Elementalers 8 - "Team Scarlet!"
Captain Earth 13 - "My Town!"
Children Who Chase Lost Voices (movie)
Glasslip 8 - "Snow!"
Haikyu!! 21 - "Senpaiā€™s True Abilities!"
Invaders of the Rokujyoma 7 - "My Knight!"
Momokyun Sword 9 - "A Huge Plot Twist!? Momoā€™s Secret!"
Monthly Girlsā€™ Nozaki-Kun 8 - "The Prince (Girl) of the Schoolā€™s Problems!"
Rail Wars! 7 - ā€œI Thought It Suited You!ā€
(all received)

Unknown
Fate/Kaleid liner Prisma Illya 4 - "We Lost!"
My Mental Choices are Completely Interfering with My School Romantic Comedy 3 - ā€œGirls and Panties!ā€

Charter Millbury, MA 01527

Missing two shows from the 1/1 update:

Akame ga Killl ep. 5
Fate / Kalied lner Prisma Illya ep. 4

Also, with the new update Gatchaman switched from English Dub to Japanese w/ English Subtitles which was not expected or noted in the channel lineup.

Happy New Year!
Thanks!

1 Like

Charter Communications Bristol, TN. 37620

Missing three for 1/1

Akame ga Kill- 5
Captain Earth- 13
Chaika The Coffin Princess- 2

The Gatchaman Eps. 65 and 66 was subtitled not dubbed.

1 Like

[quote=ā€œSHKeeper, post:6, topic:7878, full:trueā€]
Charter Millbury, MA 01527

Missing two shows from the 1/1 update:

Akame ga Killl ep. 5Fate / Kalied lner Prisma Illya ep. 4

Also, with the new update Gatchaman switched from English Dub to Japanese w/ English Subtitles which was not expected or noted in the channel lineup.

Happy New Year! Thanks![/quote]
Did you receive ā€˜Is the Order a Rabbit?ā€™, Ep 11, from the December 18 update?

Yes, it is there, I just donā€™t know when it came in.

1 Like

DirecTV Georgia, 30087

No episodes showed up for the 1/1 update. And weā€™re still missing the 12/25 update. So weā€™re missing updates for 2 weeks. Not a good start for the new year.

1 Like

Cablevision in Wall Township, New Jersey 07719.

Update is partly missing. Also I am mad at myself for not noticing that Chaika the Coffin Princess 01 never showed up. I forget that was suppose to up when looking for everything last week. It was the only thing missing but I forget about it so when it wasnā€™t there I didnā€™t notice. Sorry.

Got so far:
Blade Dance of the Elementalers 08
Captain Earth 13
Gatchaman 66
Momokyun Sword 09
No Game No Life 11
Glasslip 08
Kamigami no Asobi 12
Rail Wars! 07
iDOLM@ster Xenoglossia 17
Invaders of the Rokujyoma!? 07
My Mental Choices are Completely Interfering with My School Romantic Comedy 03

Missing:
Akame ga Kill 05
ARGEVOLLEN 06
Gatchaman 65
Chaika the Coffin Princess 02
Fate / Kaleid liner Prisma Illya 04
Haikyu!! 21
Love Stage 05
Monthly Girlsā€™ Nozaki-Kun 08

Missing from 12/25/14:
Chaika the Coffin Princess 01

1 Like

(Rogers)

Iā€™m currently missing all episodes from the 2014-12-18, 2014-12-25 and 2015-01-01 updates. T_T

1 Like

Cogeco L6K3R6

No updates received for 1/1, as expected for a stat holiday. Hereā€™s hoping the upcoming updates will also include the aforementioned missing episodes from 12/25.

1 Like

Time Warner 91361
after double checking the schedule and the episodes in the box here is what I got for January 1st
probably would be easier to list the episodes with new tag:
Argevollen 08
Blade and Soul 08
Blade Dance 08
Captain Earth 13
Children Who Chase
Momokyun Sword 09
Glasslip 08
Rail Wars 07
Haikyu!! 21
Invaders 07
Nozakikun 07

The following shows are gone from schedule and missing on my end:
Fate/Kaleid 04
My Mental Choices 03
The schedule anomaly/error
Blade Dance 08 had been swapped with Blade and Soul 08

1 Like

Verizon FIOS - 13027

1/1 updates received
Akame ga Kill 5
ARGEVOLLEN 6
Blade Dance of the Elementalers 8
Captain Earth 13
Chaika the Coffin Princess 2
Fate / Kaleid liner Prisma Illya 4
Gatchaman (TV) 65
Gatchaman (TV) 66
Glasslip 8
Haikyu!! 21
iDOLM@ster Xenoglossia 18
Invaders of the Rokujyoma!? 7
Kamigami no Asobi 12
Love Stage 5
Momokyun Sword 9
Monthly Girlsā€™ Nozaki-Kun 8
My Mental Choices are Completely Interfering with My School Romantic Comedy 3
No Game No Life 11

1/1 update not received.
Rail Wars! 7

1 Like

ANIME NETWORK VOD
BrightHouse CH. 305
Lake Mary/Sanford Florida 32746

Still Missing 3 show listed below :crying_cat_face:
(First FORUM POST on 12/18/14)
(Second FORUM POST on 12/25/14)
(Third FORUM POST on 12/28/14)

Start Date ~ End Date
12/18/14 ~ 01/15/15

2014-12-18 2015-01-15

1. Haikyu!!
    19 Conductors
    SUPER HAPPY FUNTIME

2014-12-18 2015-01-15
02. My Mental Choices are Completely
Interfering with My School Romantic Comedy
01 Kanade Amakusaā€™s Not-So-Sweet Daily Life
SUPER HAPPY FUNTIME

2014-12-18 2015-01-15
03. Rail Wars!
05 Donā€™t Look at Me
{Girl Power}

Still Missing 4 show listed below :scream_cat:
(First FORUM POST on 12/28/14)

Start Date ~ End Date
12/25/14 ~ 01/22/15

2014-12-25 2015-01-22

1. Invaders of the Rokujyoma!
    06 Cultural Festivals and Beetles?!
    SUPER HAPPY FUNTIME

2014-12-25 2015-01-22
02 Secret Technique!
Make Them Laugh with a Pig-ish Joke!
SUPER HAPPY FUNTIME

2014-12-25 2015-01-22
03. Towanoquon
05 The Return of the Invincible
[Action Zone]

2014-12-25 2015-01-22
04. Towanoquon
06 Eternal Quon
[Action Zone]

Missing 2 show listed below :no_mouth:

Start Date ~ End Date
01/01/15 ~ 01/29/15

2015-01-01 2015-01-29

1. Fate / Kaleid liner Prisma Illya
    04 We Lost!
    {Girl Power}

2015-01-01 2015-01-29
03 Girls and Panties!
SUPER HAPPY FUNTIME

Thank You Very Much
& A Happy New Year! :tada:

1 Like

DirecTV, 55316 (Champlin, Minn)
Missing all updates to TheAnimeNetwork for 2014-12-25/6 and now 2015-1-1/2

Rcvr is a HR22/100 access is via a Ethernet line off of a 10Mbit switch and a Centrylink 40Mbit line, plan to change out the old 10 Mbit Switch for a100 Mbit soon as I can convince someone itā€™s not too distracting. . .

ow

p.s. Ah . . . that reminds me, oldest shows have dropped, all else remainsā€¦ . .
. . . except you changed your avatar Slowhand.

1 Like

[quote=ā€œowisecup, post:17, topic:7878ā€]
. . . except you changed your avatar Slowhand.[/quote]
Thanks for noticing. :wink:

DirecTV, 60067 (Palatine, IL)

Ditto on missing all updates from 12/25 and 1/1. Expired shows have been properly removed from the library.

I contacted DirecTV via E-mail (on 12/29) and phone (on 12/29). E-mail support seemed to think it was a technical issue, and directed to phone support. Phone support verified that the new AN content was missing from channel 1889 system-wide, and escalated, but I have heard nothing. Think I will contact again if content is still missing this evening.

I also dropped an E-mail to AN today (1/2) via the info@theanimenetwork address. No reply yet.

I am surprised that updates coinciding with holidays should cause such wide-spread distribution failure. It suggests that those updates are far more manual and failure-prone than they should be. Well, something is failing, and I never blame the hardware, unless you considered people to be hardware.

1 Like

[quote=ā€œaciani, post:19, topic:7878ā€]
I also dropped an E-mail to AN today (1/2) via the info@theanimenetwork address. No reply yet.[/quote]
The TAN Offices are closed until Monday, January 5.

Sending an email to them is the same as reporting here - goes to the same people.