Anime Network VOD Reports/Updates/Questions Thread (2010)

[size=4]Anime Network VOD Reports/Updates/Questions Thread (2010)[/size]

Before posting (newcomers), please look around the resources and the recent pages in this thread before complaining. In many cases your questions might be covered already.

Please read, learn and participate:

Links and Resources: (Check stuck threads at the top for the latest news and information)

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,65/catid,5/func,view/id,36/
http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Video-On-Demand-Schedule/
http://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,65/catid,5/func,view/id,292/

Use this forum to discuss, submit questions/complaints/suggestions with other Anime Network viewers. The links above will provide most commonly asked questions regarding Anime Network services and properties.

I. We need your Zip Code and Cable/Satellite Provider to Help

When submitting reports of problems, it is important to provide us with information of your cable/network/VOD provider, and your ZipCode (this information is needed to track down the problem). (PM this to me if you want to keep the information private) and other information about the nature of the problem, as well as the specific anime/episode in question. Anime Network and your Cable/Satellite Provider can not help you without this information.

II. Please contact your Cable/Satellite Provider with information on missing updates

It is equally important that you call and email your Cable/Satellite/Service provider along with posting in this thread, as most problems are usually the result of problems on their side or the VOD company they subcontract to update the content that Anime Network sends to them.

Viewers experiencing missing updates need to contact your cable provider.

If you do not report the problem, then the systems do not seek to replace it after it fails for some reason. The more you call, the more the cable provider will pay attention to making sure Anime Network is working properly.

When making a call to your provider, it is usually best to request to speak to the manager or the supervisor. Usually, regular customer service representatives can only take down your request, but don’t have much power beyond that.

Please make sure the Customer service agent you speak to understands that Anime Network has sent the episodes and there may be a local problem with either their network, full disc drives or some other technical problem that is preventing the delivery of the episodes (this depends on the circumstances which can be case specific).

You have to try to make them file the report or speak to the supervisor, understand the problem and not let them give you the run around of “we only post what we are sent to by the provider” (this is a stock response) so that it can be sent to their VOD department.

III. Missing Updates - Where are my updates?

VOD technology allows great convenience in that it allows viewers to watch a wide range of programming through your cable box without having to go out to rent or buy DVDs from many programming options, but it is a very complex technology. Your Cable or Satellite provider or their VOD subcontracting companies like (TVN, SeaChange, etc.) are responsible for granting you the user access to these updates. There are so many layers and handlers of the data, including subcontracting VOD companies that handle the infrastructure, storage, VOD file management for your Cable companies. This is normally why Cable companies usually have a hard time fixing or dealing with VOD.

A lot of the large cable providers have different regional operation centers that handle the VOD for certain regions. This complicates it because human error can happen, if someone from your area’s VOD department forgot to make the updates Anime Network sent them available or if your area’s VOD hard drives are full… they reject the updates Anime Network sends them.

Anime Network may be able to determine whether the updates were sent out or not, but after that point, the responsibility of the update will go to your Cable provider or the company that manages the content sent to them.

(This is why it’s important to let your cable provider’s customer service department know and take know of the issue and report it to their VOD department. See above information)

Reports submitted by the viewers will be looked over by Anime Network in the reports sent to them, and they will try to get your Cable/Satellite provider to fix it from this side – but there is only so much Anime Network can do to convince your Cable/Satellite provider without your help on fixing the issue.

IV. Why are the shows starting at episode 5 and why can’t I get the entire series of a show at once?

Anime Network always shows series from the beginning (unless it’s a special circumstance). It’s a moving train of content, every week new shows and episodes are posted, eventually they start back at episode 1 or different shows at episode 1.

Most people think Video On Demand means every single episode available of every show. Unfortunately the technology and expense of doing this is not viable at this time and unrealistically high expectations are formed. VOD in general works pretty much like TV does, except the episodes are available usually for a month to be viewed anytime, then they are replaced, with weekly updates that are posted every Thursday (Some providers post it early on Wednesday afternoon/night). That’s how the cable providers operate VOD in general.

Cable companies place a limit on what the content providers, like Anime Network can provide. For SVOD and Free VOD carriers this is usually 30 hours of storage space a month. So Anime Network and other VOD providers have to work within those constraints.

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Watch-Online where a lot of these episodes and shows are hosted on Anime Network’s own servers - series in their entirety are available!

V. Why is buying Sentai Filmworks and Section23 Films DVDs of show that are available on Anime Network important?

It is the foundation of income and helps Sentai Filmworks, Section23 Films and other Anime production and licensing studios to acquire new anime series for Anime Network.

If you like a show on Anime Network, please show your support and buy the legal Sentai Filmworks, Section23 Films DVDs from respected retailers like Rightstuf.com (http://www.rightstuf.com) or DVDpacific.com (http://www.dvdpacific.com) or at your local Best Buy, Fry’s or Walmart, and other retailers – a lot of these shows are expensive to license and produce for English audiences. While VOD ad revenue does help to pay for some of this access, if you want new shows and new productions – DVD sales are incredibly important in allowing Anime Network to acquire new shows from Japan!

Without your financial support, it means less shows, and less services.

New policy required from you all in the future that are reporting problems:

When you report a problem or missing update, we need you to provide your Cable/Satellite or VOD provider for Anime Network (TAN) and also your Zip Code (City, State would also be helpful). This information is now necessary to help track down your problems with your Cable/Satellite/VOD provider.

For example:
Time Warner, 78702 (Austin, TX)
(Your Report)

If you do not provide us information we are not going to be able to help you.

Thank you for your cooperation.

[size=4]Anime Network VOD News Update - (Jan 5, 2010)[/size]

• [size=4]AT&T Notice[/size] AT&T Users read and respond to the thread: http://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,65/catid,5/func,view/id,33237/

• Time Warner regional missing updates
    Time Warner is working on the missing updates reported by some regions. Unfortunately this is not a high priority for Time Warner as these are free episodes. It is out of Anime Network’s hands, Anime Network has confirmed with TWC’s VOD company and they have stated these episodes have been delivered to Time Warner’s hub (as evidenced by most TWC viewers here getting the update). Anime Network can only inform Time Warner of the issue at this point, it’s up to them to distribute the content through their network.

• Schedule pages will be updated to contain the missing titles.

• Ultimate Crop Circles
    There was a problem with the delivery, these should be showing up soon.

1. When will /Video-On-Demand-Schedule/ be updated?
  2. Will it include all the shows this time? (Aria S2, DN Angel, Maria S2, YUA S1)

Edit: 2010/01/11
I see that The Schedule has been updated, and does include the four missing shows.

Two new shows this week: Polyphonica and Special A.
One new show next week: Blue Drop. Plus the DVD extra episode of Princess Resurrection.

-Joe

No ETA, but supposedly yes. That’s what that line was about - I gave them the list of all those shows, which they informed me was available in their master list.

Just wanted to say thank you dragon for all your hard work on this. :slight_smile:

ShawnMerrow wrote:

You’re welcome and I appreciate the sentiments.

Folks don’t know how much time I put into this behind the scenes. :stuck_out_tongue: Coming up on 4 years now in May since I’ve been helping Anime Network help the viewers and fans now - haven’t gone mad yet. :wink: It’s still a fun experience, especially when things go smoothly and I become invisible.

Charter Glendale, CA 91205

[size=4]Update Received At 5pm[/size]

The new schedule isn’t up as of yet, but it looks like I received everything this week I was suppose to.
Also looks like Popotan has been upgraded to once a week rather than every other week, but we’ll find out next week if this is actually true or not.

Received 2 New shows this week:

[size=4]Destiny of the Shrine Maiden
E’s Otherwise
[/size]

And as a side not:
I didn’t get Ultimate Crop Circles this week, so I guess the “soon” part in your report is for another week in the future.

[size=4]Received (January 07)[/size]

• E’s Otherwise Ep. 01 ___(New)
• Destiny of the Shrine Maiden Ep. 01 ___(New)
• Dokkoida?! Ep. 03
• Popotan Ep. 04
• Little Snow Fairy Sugar Ep. 10
• Ghost Hound (Subbed) Ep. 11
• Aria The Natural (Subbed) Ep. 12
• Clannad After Story (Subbed) Ep. 12
• You’re Under Arrest TV Ep. 16
• Revolutionary Girl Utena Ep. 23
• SuperGALS! (Subbed) Ep. 36
• Alice Academy (Subbed) Ep. 18
• Maria Watches Over Us ~Printemps~ (Subbed) Ep. 08
• World of Narue Ep. 09
• Daphne in the Brilliant Blue Bonus Ep. 01
• He Is My Master (Subbed) EP. 12

[size=4]Did Not Receive (January 07)[/size]

-NA-

Rogers
Orangeville Ontario L9W2P2

Sorry I forgot to list all the shows I got.

These are all the shows I have gotten this week.

Clannad Afterstory ep10 (Don’t have 9)
Alice Acadamy ep10 ( Again, ep 9 is nowhere to be found)
Aria the natural ep 10
Daphne in the Brilliant Blue ep 21
Diamond Daydreams ep 13
Dokkoida ep 2
Ghost Hound ep9
He is my master ep 10 (don’t have ep9
Orphan ep 21
RahXephon ep 7,8
Little Snow fairy sugar ep 8 (no ep7)
Soul Hunter ep 26
SuperGals ep 24 (no ep 23)
Revolutionary Girl Utena ep 21
World of Narue ep 7
Your Under Arrest ep 14

I believe I am missing last weeks entire update because all of my shows have skipped an episode with this weeks update. I am also missing Full Metal Panic completely and the Rogers schedule says I should be getting it.

Hello,

Above is my cable provider and my address. As you can already guess, I think I am missing some updates. My Anime VOD channel only got updated once in December, and I still only have ep1 of Popotan, snd only ep2 of Kekko Kamen. I never got ep1 but I don’t know if thats Rogers fault or anime on demand got ep2 before 1. I also notice that on this website, it says Rogers updates weekly but in the last two months I’ve noticed the updates keep getting further apart.

I have phoned my local cable provider and they “apparently” are looking into it.

Cablevision in Wall Township, New Jersey 07719.

Happy new year! I might feel like crap but seems to have gotten everything this week but until schedule is up won’t know anything. Still only thing missing is Ultimate Crop Circles from last week.

Got this week:
Destiny Of Shrine Maiden 01 :slight_smile:
Dokkodia 03
E’s Otherwise 01
Ghost Hound 11
Madlax 01
Orphen 2 01 and 02
Rahxephon 11 and 12
Tsukihime 11 and 12
Revolutionary Girl Utena 23
You’re Under Arrest TV 16
Clannad After Story 12
Alice Academy 18
Daphne In Brilliant Blue Bonus Episode 01
New Cutey Honey 01 and 02
Popotan 04
Princess Tutu 01
Maria Watches Over Us Printemps 08
Super Gals 36
World Of Narue 09
Aria The Natural 12
He Is My Master 12 :frowning:
Little Snow Fairy Sugar 10

The Anime Network 01/07 additions, available until 02/03 on DirecTV channel 1889
San Francisco Bay Area, 94536

Alice Academy (18) In the Dark * Only the Two of Us
Aria the Natural (sub) (12) Chasing That Mirage…/The Light Of That Wind Chime…
Clannad After Story (sub) (12) Unexpected Incident
Daphne in the Brilliant Blue (++) Bonus Episode 01
Destiny of the Shrine Maiden (01) Country of this World (premiere)
Dokkoida?! (03) Dokkoida vs. Edelweiss!
Get Backers (33) Get Back the Immortal Goddess!
Ghost Hound (sub) (11) Syntax Error
He Is My Master (sub) (12) He is My Master!! (finale)
Little Snow Fairy Sugar (10) A Backstage Happening
Maria Watches Over Us Printemps (08) A Cherry Tree Among the Ginkgos
Popotan (04) All Alone
Revolutionary Girl Utena (23) Qualifications of a Duelist
World of Narue (09) A Starship In Love
You’re Under Arrest TV (16) File 16: Mystery Biker

Notes:
*) Six missing episodes available on-line free until 01/15 to registered users.
. . . Cosmo Warrior Zero (11) Great Technologia
. . . Cosmo Warrior Zero (12) Endless Battle
. . . Gun Frontier (11) Secret Weapon Factory in Jamacity
. . . Kiba (40) Sought After Power
. . . Princess Resurrection (21) Princess Banishment
. . . Princess Resurrection (22) Princess Slaughter
*) Four shows not on the http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Video-On-Demand-Schedule/DirecTV: Aria S2, DN Angel, Maria S2, YUA.

https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/listing/dodMovies.jsp?category=Interests&subcategory=Animation[code]

1w | Alice Academy (sub) - - - - - 15, 16, 17, 18+
1w | Aria the Natural (sub) - - - 09, 10, 11, 12+
** | Aria TV (sub) - - - - - - - - (not 13) missing "season finale"
1w | Clannad After Story (sub) - - 09, 10, 11, 12+
<> | Cosmo Warrior Zero - - - - - 11, 12 . "Online Player"
1w | Daphne in the Brilliant Blue 20, 21, 22, 01+ . "bonus episode"
1w | Desting of the Shrine Maiden 01+ . "premiere"
2w | DN Angel - - - - - - - - - - 21
1w | Dokkoida?! - - - - - - - - - 02, 03+
2W | Get Backers - - - - - - - - - 32, 33+
1w | Ghost Hound (sub) - - - - - - 08, 09, 10, 11+
<> | Gun Frontier - - - - - - - - 11 . "Online Player"
1w | He Is My Master (sub) - - - - 09, 10, 11, 12+
1w | Kiba - - - - - - - - - - - - 40 . "Online Player"
1w | Little Snow Fairy Sugar - - - 07, 08, 09, 10+
** | Maria Watches Over Us 1 (sub) (not 11) . "missing 1"
1w | Maria Watches Over Us P (sub) 05, 06, 07, 08+
1w | Popotan - - - - - - - - - - - 02, 03, 04+
<> | Princess Resurrection - - - - 21, 22 . "Online Player"
1w | Revolutionary Girl Utena - - 20, 21, 22, 23+
1w | Soul Hunter - - - - - - - - - 25, 26 . “finale”
– | Ultimate Crop Circles - - - - 00+ . "documentary"
1w | World of Narue - - - - - - - 06, 07, 08, 09+
1w | You’re Under Arrest - - - - - 13, 14, 15, 16+

Two episodes still missing (series not on the Online Viewer):
2009-09-17 Maria Watches Over Us (S1) 11: White Petals
2009-09-24 Aria the TV (season finale) 13: That White Morning
[/code]

TWC, 13215: Appear to have gotten update complete -

Alice Academy - - - - - - - - - [18] In the Dark * Only the Two of Us
Aria the Natural (sub) - - - - [12] Chasing That Mirage…/The Light Of That Wind Chime…
Clannad After Story (sub) - - - [12] Unexpected Incident
Daphne in the Brilliant Blue - ++] Bonus Episode
Destiny of the Shrine Maiden - [01] (premiere)
Dokkoida?! - - - - - - - - - - [03] Dokkoida vs. Edelweiss!
Get Backers - - - - - - - - - - [33] Get Back the Immortal Goddess!
Ghost Hound (sub) - - - - - - - [11] Syntax Error
He Is My Master (sub) - - - - - [12] He is My Master!! (finale)
Little Snow Fairy Sugar - - - - [10] A Backstage Happening
Maria Watches Over Us Printemps [08] A Cherry Tree Among the Ginkgos
Popotan - - - - - - - - - - - - [04] All Alone
Revolutionary Girl Utena - - - [23] Qualifications of a Duelist
World of Narue - - - - - - - - [09] A Starship In Love
You’re Under Arrest TV - - - - [16] File 16: Mystery Biker

Going without a schedule but I got everything I expected and two extras.

Charter
Pasco, WA 99301

[size=5]CHARTER SVOD, ST. LOUIS, MO. 63136[/size]
[size=4]Updates received 01.07.2010:[/size]

[size=4]ACTION ZONE[/size]
Destiny Shrine 01
Dokkoida 03
EOW 01
Ghost Hound (sub) 11
Utena 23
YUATV 16

[size=4]GIRL POWER[/size]
After Story (sub) 12
Alice Academy 18
Daphne (bonus episode) 0
Popotan 04
PrinTemp (sub) 08
Super Gals (sub) 36
World Narue 09

[size=4]SUPER HAPPY FUNTIME[/size]
He is Master 12
Snow Fairy Sugar 10

It looks like I got everything except for 1 show. :frowning:

[size=3]January 7, 2010: TWC, 79925

Received: 14[/size]

[size=1]Action Zone[/size]
[size=3]

• Destiny of the Shrine Maiden 01 - “The Land of Eternity” >>NEW!<<
  • Dokkoida?! 03 - “Dokkoida vs. Edelweiss”
  • Get Backers 33 - “Get Back the Eternal Goddess!”
  • Ghost Hound (subbed) 11 - “Syntax Error”
  • Revolutionary Girl Utena 23 - “Qualifications of a Duelist”
  • You’re Under Arrest TV 16 - “File 16: Mystery Biker”[/size]

[size=1]Girl Power[/size]
[size=3]

• Alice Academy (subbed) 18 - “In the Darkness the Two of Us”
  • Daphne in the Brilliant Blue 25 - “Bonus Episode 1 - Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Nereids (But Were Afraid to Ask)”
  • Maria Watches Over Us ~Printemps~ (subbed) 08 - “A Cherry Tree Among the Ginkgos”
  • Popotan 04 - “All Alone”
  • World of Narue 09 - “A Starship in Love”[/size]

[size=1]Super Happy Funtime[/size]
[size=3]

• Aria The Natural (subbed) 12 - “Chasing that Mirage… / The Light of That Wind Chime…”
  • He Is My Master (subbed) 12 - “He Is My Master!!” >>FINAL!<<
  • Little Snow Fairy Sugar 10 - “A Backstage Happening”[/size]

[size=3]Missing: 1

• Clannad After Story (subbed) 12 - “A Sudden Happening”[/size]

Time Warner Cable
San Antonio, TX 78251

Looks like I received all the updates as listed on the Time Warner OnDemand site for the week.

Thanks again for all your ongoing support.

TWC Round Rock, TX 78681

Schedule for January 7, 2010:
Alice Academy 18 - "In the Darkness the Two of Us!"
Clannad After Story 12 - "A Sudden Happening!"
Destiny of the Shrine Maiden 1 - “The Land of Eternity!” <FIRST EPISODE>
Dokkoida?! 3 - "Dokkoida vs. Edelweiss!"
GetBackers 33 - "Get Back the Eternal Goddess!"
Ghost Hound 11 - "Syntax Error!"
He Is My Master 12 - “He Is My Master!” <FINAL EPISODE>
Popotan! 4 - "All Alone!"
Revolutionary Girl Utena 23 - "Qualifications of a Duelist!"
Sugar: A Little Snow Fairy 10 - "A Backstage Happening!"
World of Narue 9 - "A Starship in Love!"
You’re Under Arrest! 16 - “File 16: Mystery Biker!”
<>

Received, but not on Schedule:
Aria the Natural 12 - "Chasing that Mirage… / The Light of That Wind Chime…"
Daphne in the Brilliant Blue Bonus #1 - "Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Nereids (But Were Afraid to Ask)!"
Maria Watches Over Us - Printemps 8 - “A Cherry Tree Among the Ginkgos!”

Since receiving the schedule, I see that Wedding Peach is coming up next week. However, I don’t see DN Angel at all.

I think I understand about the Daphne episodes, so never mind about that.
It’s #22, Bonus 1, #23, #24, Bonus 2. Someone can tell me if I have that wrong.

Slowhand wrote:

[quote]
Almost forgot to ask about those Daphne episodes, we got up to 22 out of 24 eps and now we’re getting Bonus eps?[/quote]

It’s because Bonus Ep. 01 takes place inbetween 22 & 23.
Bonus Ep. 02 takes place after 24.
At least, that’s how they are on the DVDs.

Slowhand wrote:

[quote]TWC Round Rock, TX 78681

Schedule for January 7, 2010:
Alice Academy 18 - "In the Darkness the Two of Us!"
Aria the Natural 12 - "Chasing that Mirage… / The Light of That Wind Chime…"
Clannad After Story 12 - "A Sudden Happening!"
Daphne in the Brilliant Blue Bonus #1 - "Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Nereids (But Were Afraid to Ask)!"
Destiny of the Shrine Maiden 1 - “The Land of Eternity!” <FIRST EPISODE>
Dokkoida?! 3 - "Dokkoida vs. Edelweiss!"
GetBackers 33 - "Get Back the Eternal Goddess!"
Ghost Hound 11 - "Syntax Error!"
He Is My Master 12 - “He Is My Master!” <FINAL EPISODE>
Maria Watches Over Us - Printemps 8 - "A Cherry Tree Among the Ginkgos!"
Popotan! 4 - "All Alone!"
Revolutionary Girl Utena 23 - "Qualifications of a Duelist!"
Sugar: A Little Snow Fairy 10 - "A Backstage Happening!"
World of Narue 9 - "A Starship in Love!"
You’re Under Arrest! 16 - “File 16: Mystery Biker!”
<>

Like others have said, since there is no schedule, can’t really tell what might be missing, but usually the first week of the month we get Wedding Peach, and every other week we get DN Angel. And didn’t get either of those.

Almost forgot to ask about those Daphne episodes, we got up to 22 out of 24 eps and now we’re getting Bonus eps?[/quote]

[size=4]I got everything slowhand got. ALso do not watch episode Bonus eps not until you watch episode 23 and 24. If you watch the Bonus episode now you will not understand the side story.[/size]

AT&T U-Verse Fort Worth,TX 76107

SVOD Received 1/7:
Alice Academy - 18
Aria the Natural - 12
Clannad After Story - 12
Daphne in the Brilliant Blue Bonus - 1
Dokkoida - 3
E’s Otherwise - 1
Ghost Hound - 11
He is My Master - 12
Little Snow Fairy Sugar - 10
Maria Watches Over Us Printemps - 8
Popotan - 4
World of Narue - 9
You’re Under Arrest - 16
Free VOD Received:
Destiny of the Shrine Maiden - 1

SVOD Did Not Receive 1/7:
Revolutionary Girl Utena - 23
Super Gals - 36
Free VOD Did Not Receive:
Get Backers - 33
Yumeria - 5

Still Missing SVOD episodes:
Alice Academy - 15
Aria the Natural - 9
Daphne in the Brilliant Blue - 22
He is My Master - 9
Maria Watches Over Us Printemps - 7
Ultimate Crop Circles
World of Narue - 6, 8
You’re Under Arrest - 13
Still Missing Free VOD episodes:
Yumeria - 3, 4

Heard a new excuse from AT&T today. Now they blame it on licensing issues! Do you know if that could be possible?

Rogers L1J1P5 (Oshawa,ON)

All of the 2009-Dec-31 updates are missing (they were never delivered).
Looks like the 2010-Jan-07 updates were successful though it is difficult to tell as Rogers has been having extreme issues with sorting (it appears to be an almost random order).
At least with this update there are no extra charges for various episodes.

As to the VOD system’s content delivery much of it is, or can be, automated.
With Rogers, if a weekly update is not performed they do not even bother with the other processing.
For example:

• all titles listed under “new this week” are from a previous update rather than an empty list
  • the “last chance” titles are from a previous update.

In December Rogers had multiple updates in one week and then did nothing more with the system until Jan 6. IIRC there was only one update in December (maybe there was two).

The problems seem to be limited to the specialty channels as “The Movie Network” has yet to miss an update for its on demand service.