Anime Network VOD Reports/Updates/Questions Thread (2011)

Charter, 01581

There appears to be an issue with Kino’s Journey, ep. 1 - an appreciable (0.5 to 1 second) de-sync of the audio and video. Not a huge issue, but it can be distracting, especially when the sound is meant to sync with the visuals. In this case, the video is ahead of the audio.

This week’s report has been updated. Will report back if the same issue or any others are discovered.

As of tomorrow I will be getting Direct tv and my question is how do I get TAN or
the Anime Network on Direct tv and I read on Wikipedia. com that Direct tv is not
inrested at Anime Network on demand at this time.

So do i have to get the word out to direct tv that I would like TAN on demand?

Brandon Grave Heat wrote:

[quote]As of tomorrow I will be getting Direct tv and my question is how do I get TAN or
the Anime Network on Direct tv and I read on Wikipedia. com that Direct tv is not

So do i have to get the word out to direct tv that I would like TAN on demand?[/quote]

In order to get the content you will need to have the HD DVR “HR20” set top box and a high speed internet connection. You can plug it in directly or use a wireless connector. Once you’ve got that set up all you have to do is turn to channel 1889 and voila there you have Anime Network.

Slowhand wrote:

[quote]Brandon Grave Heat wrote:

[quote]As of tomorrow I will be getting Direct tv and my question is how do I get TAN or

So do i have to get the word out to direct tv that I would like TAN on demand?[/quote]

In order to get the content you will need to have the HD DVR “HR20” set top box and a high speed internet connection. You can plug it in directly or use a wireless connector. Once you’ve got that set up all you have to do is turn to channel 1889 and voila there you have Anime Network.[/quote]

Slow, you’re correct in as far as you go. What I can add is that any HR2X HD DVr (HR20, 21, 22, 23 and 24) will be able to download DirecTV CINEMAplus. It can be connected by Ethernet cable, a wireless adapter (which DirecTV sells for $20 cheaper than the same item at Best Buy) or with the Cinema Connect Kit (coax) if you also get Whole Home DVR service.

Anime Network on Demand from DirecTV, on channel 1889, is free and compliments of DirecTV, so I can’t see why anyone would say they are not interested in the service.

Waited until 12am Fri. just to see if the missing BASToF Syndrome Ep. 01 & 02 and Get Backers Ep. 45 were just late, but still a no show.

So I just fired off an email to my techie to have him forward it to our NOC.
Sadly though, he still has his email auto-reply on (saying he’ll be back Nov. 11 2010) so I’m not sure when I’ll get a response, but I’ll update if anything progresses.

AniMite wrote:

[quote]Charter, 01581

There appears to be an issue with Kino’s Journey, ep. 1 - an appreciable (0.5 to 1 second) de-sync of the audio and video. Not a huge issue, but it can be distracting, especially when the sound is meant to sync with the visuals. In this case, the video is ahead of the audio.

This week’s report has been updated. Will report back if the same issue or any others are discovered.[/quote]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/thecoffeegod/smilies/hmm.gifThat’s odd.
I just watched it right now and everything seems fine.
It is in sync from start to finish here.

Is Anime Network On Demand having issues with Cablevision or something? It hasn’t worked for me the last couple of days and now today it gives me this message saying that “Service is Unavailable”. Did you guys break off with them or something? I’m going to call the company tomorrow to find out what is going on, but I thought I should ask you guys here first before I did so. I read the information as instructed before posting here, so hopefully I put this in the correct spot, but I apologize if I didn’t. I just want to know if something happened between Anime Network On Demand and Cablevision or if it’s something else. Cablevision has had issues with other channels lately, so I wouldn’t be surprised, but at the same time, I would be upset because I finally got this service after all this time and would very hurt if I lost after only having it for such a short time.

Thanks,
Lauren

JadeLiCat wrote:

[quote]Is Anime Network On Demand having issues with Cablevision or something? It hasn’t worked for me the last couple of days and now today it gives me this message saying that “Service is Unavailable”. Did you guys break off with them or something? I’m going to call the company tomorrow to find out what is going on, but I thought I should ask you guys here first before I did so. I read the information as instructed before posting here, so hopefully I put this in the correct spot, but I apologize if I didn’t. I just want to know if something happened between Anime Network On Demand and Cablevision or if it’s something else. Cablevision has had issues with other channels lately, so I wouldn’t be surprised, but at the same time, I would be upset because I finally got this service after all this time and would very hurt if I lost after only having it for such a short time.

Thanks,
Lauren[/quote]

No issues that I’m aware of.

We have another user with http://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,65/catid,5/func,view/id,72244/#72252 and he got all of his episodes so I think it would be a good idea for you to call your provider and see what’s up with them.

And, if you don’t mind, would you come back here and tell me what’s happening? I’m very curious.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Brandon Grave Heat wrote:

Somebody was misinformed. I have updated the page on Anime Network - Wikipedia to remove that bit of misinformation.

You should read the “Blog / Important Notice for Anime Network Online Users - Anime Network” posting on page 1 of this thread.

Here is what the menu for Channel 1889 looks like this month:

-Joe

DirecTV, 83646

Still missing:
Canaan 13
Ghost Sweeper Mikami 6
High school of the dead 13(?)
Uta Kata 5

To correct something said earlier about directv vod. You do not need one of the HD dvr’s, any of the R series dvrs (standard def) or the H series (high def) dvrs will allow you to vod. Assuming you have some kind of broadband internet connection in your home. I have an r22 and vod just fine.

DirecTV 32784 (Umatilla, FL)

Still missing the following updates from DirecTV:

1/6/11 - Ghost Sweeper Mikami - 06 - The Princess Exorcist!
1/6/11 - Xam’d:Lost Memories - 19 - Sudden Outbreak: Romance Flowers Bloom
12/23 - Kimikiss:Pure Rouge - 08 - Close To You
12/30 - Canaan - 13 - The Promised Land (finale)
12/30 - Uta-Kata - 05 - Flowering of Shed Tears

I have been emailing DirecTv Customer Support over the past few days back and forth over this issue. I will post here if I find anything out, but I am not holding my breath.

larrylaffer wrote:

[quote]DirecTV, 83646

Still missing:
Canaan 13
Ghost Sweeper Mikami 6
Uta Kata 5

To correct something said earlier about directv vod. You do not need one of the HD dvr’s, any of the R series dvrs (standard def) or the H series (high def) dvrs will allow you to vod. Assuming you have some kind of broadband internet connection in your home. I have an r22 and vod just fine.[/quote]

Thanks very much for the info about the DVRs, I was just copy/pasting old info.

Also, HOTD only has 12 eps.

larrylaffer wrote:

[quote]DirecTV, 83646

Still missing:
Canaan 13
Ghost Sweeper Mikami 6
Uta Kata 5

To correct something said earlier about directv vod. You do not need one of the HD dvr’s, any of the R series dvrs (standard def) or the H series (high def) dvrs will allow you to vod. Assuming you have some kind of broadband internet connection in your home. I have an r22 and vod just fine.[/quote]

To correct your correction, only the R22 will allow for VOD. The R15 & R15 DVRs cannot do VOD. Basically, any DVR with an Ethernet connector on the back does VOD. They include the following:

HR20-100, HR20-700
HR21-100, HR21-200, HR21-700, HR21Pro
HR22-100
HR23-700
HR24-100, HR24-200, HR24-500
R22-100, R22-200

DirecTV - [strike]Five[/strike] Three episodes have not been received as of Sunday [strike]morning[/strike] night, 2011-01-09.

Four episodes (marked http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Watch-Online) are on the Online Player, available for viewing to paid Subscribers.

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Kimikiss-Pure-Rouge/Close-To-You/Watch - Kimikiss:Pure Rouge (sub) (08) Close To You . . . . . . . . . . . {missing, 17 days}
http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Canaan/The-Promised-Land/Watch - Canaan (13) The Promised Land (finale) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . {missing, 10 days}
http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Uta-kata/Flowering-Buds-of-Shed-Tears/Watch - Uta-Kata (sub) (05) Flowering of Shed Tears . . . . . . . . . . . . {missing, 10 days}
01/06 - Ghost Sweeper Mikami (sub) (06) The Princess Exorcist! . . {delayed 3 days}
http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Xam-d/Sudden-Outbreak-Romance-Flowers-Bloom/Watch - Xam’d:Lost Memories (19) Sudden Outbreak: Romance . . . {delayed 3 days}

[size=2](Ghost Sweeper Mikami is not part of the Online Player line-up.)[/size]

-Joe

Update: Two episodes arrived late. (as noted by Newshawk on Sunday night)

TWC NY 11372

Received 1/6/11 –

Demon King Daimao #12 - The Perfect Ending?
Demon Lord Dante #1 - Nightmare
Eyeshield 21 #27 - Take Back Cerberus
Ghost Sweeper Mikami #6 - The Princess Exorcist!
Gintama #27 - Some Things Can’t Be Cut with a Sword
Hidamari Sketch x365 #9 - October 5, Restless Summer / December 3, The Urashinjuku Wolf
Kimikiss ~ Pure Rouge #10 - Miss Tone
Kino’s Journey #1 - Land of Visible Pain
La Corda d’Oro ~ Primo Passo #21 - Once More, Andante
Mahoromatic: Automatic Maiden #1 - In The Garden Where the Hydrangeas Bloom
Maid-Sama! #23 - Maid Latte & a Whole Bunch of Sweets
Samurai Girls #1 - The First Kiss
Tytania #22 - Prelude to Ambition
Uta-kata #6 - Slight Fever of Wet Skin
Xam’d #19 - Sudden Outbreak: Romance Flowers Bloom
You’re Under Arrest: Fast & Furious #12 - Big Panic on the Bokutou Line! Part 2

**Shaw Cable
Vancouver BC, V3V 2P4

January 6th Update

Received:**
N/A

Did Not Receive:
Demon King Daimao: 12
Demon Lord Dante: 1
Eyeshield 21: 27
Ghost Sweeper Mikami: 6
Gintama: 27
Hidamari Sketch x365: 9
Kimikiss ~ Pure Rouge: 10
Kino’s Journey: 1
La Corda d’Oro ~ Primo Passo: 21
Mahoromatic: Automatic Maiden: 1
Maid-Sama!: 23
Samurai Girls: 1
Tytania: 22
Uta-kata: 6
Xam’d: 19
You’re Under Arrest: Fast & Furious: 12
Yet to Receive (December 30th Update):**
Canaan: 13
Demon King Daimao: 11
Ghost Hound: 22
Ghost Sweeper Mikami: 5
Hidamari Sketch X365: 8
High School of the Dead: 12
Kimikiss ~ Pure Rouge: 9
La Corda d’Oro ~ Primo Passo: 20
Maid-Sama: 22
Tytania: 21
Uta-kata: 5
Xam’d: 18
You’re Under Arrest: Fast & Furious: 11

SpaceCobraJoe wrote:

[quote]DirecTV - Five episodes have not been received as of Sunday morning, 2011-01-09.

Four episodes (marked http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Watch-Online) are on the Online Player, available for viewing to paid Subscribers.

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Kimikiss-Pure-Rouge/Close-To-You/Watch - Kimikiss:Pure Rouge (sub) (08) Close To You . . . . . . . . . . . {missing, 17 days}
http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Canaan/The-Promised-Land/Watch - Canaan (13) The Promised Land (finale) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . {missing, 10 days}
http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Uta-kata/Flowering-Buds-of-Shed-Tears/Watch - Uta-Kata (sub) (05) Flowering of Shed Tears . . . . . . . . . . . . {missing, 10 days}
01/06 - Ghost Sweeper Mikami (sub) (06) The Princess Exorcist! . . {missing, 3 days}
http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Xam-d/Sudden-Outbreak-Romance-Flowers-Bloom/Watch - Xam’d:Lost Memories (19) Sudden Outbreak: Romance . . . {missing, 3 days}

Ghost Sweeper Mikami is not available for streaming.

-Joe[/quote]

Ghost Sweeper Mikami 6 and Xam’d 19 are now both available on channel 1889, Anime Network On Demand.

DirecTV 32784 (Umatilla, FL)

Received the following missing updates yesterday for 1/6/11:

Ghost Sweeper Mikami - 06 - The Princess Exorcist!
Xam’d:Lost Memories - 19 - Sudden Outbreak: Romance Flowers Bloom

Still missing the following updates:

12/23 - Kimikiss:Pure Rouge - 08 - Close To You
12/30 - Canaan - 13 - The Promised Land (finale)
12/30 - Uta-Kata - 05 - Flowering of Shed Tears

MaybeYou wrote:

[quote]**Shaw Cable
Vancouver BC, V3V 2P4

January 6th Update

Received:**
N/A

Did Not Receive:
Demon King Daimao: 12
Demon Lord Dante: 1
Eyeshield 21: 27
Ghost Sweeper Mikami: 6
Gintama: 27
Hidamari Sketch x365: 9
Kimikiss ~ Pure Rouge: 10
Kino’s Journey: 1
La Corda d’Oro ~ Primo Passo: 21
Mahoromatic: Automatic Maiden: 1
Maid-Sama!: 23
Samurai Girls: 1
Tytania: 22
Uta-kata: 6
Xam’d: 19
You’re Under Arrest: Fast & Furious: 12
Yet to Receive (December 30th Update):**
Canaan: 13
Demon King Daimao: 11
Ghost Hound: 22
Ghost Sweeper Mikami: 5
Hidamari Sketch X365: 8
High School of the Dead: 12
Kimikiss ~ Pure Rouge: 9
La Corda d’Oro ~ Primo Passo: 20
Maid-Sama: 22
Tytania: 21
Uta-kata: 5
Xam’d: 18
You’re Under Arrest: Fast & Furious: 11[/quote]

[size=4]I have contacted Shaw Cable and they told me that they will get back to me as soon as they get any updated information about the unreceived updates. If no information is sent to me tomorrow I will contact them again. I will get back to you if I hear something. You should also contact their technical department by phone or live chat about the missing updates. http://www.shaw.ca/en-ca/HelpSupport/ContactUs/default.htm . Note: Do not Contact their customer service department because they don’t have control on the VOD service.[/size]

The report for the last week & all follow-ups was compiled and sent to Anime Network today.

Knology Ga. 31906

Did not recieve ep.12 of Demon King Daimao