Anime Network VOD Reports/Updates/Questions Thread (2014)

[size=15]Anime Network VOD Reports/Updates/Questions Thread (2014)[/size]

Before posting (newcomers), please look around the resources and the recent pages in this thread before complaining. In many cases your questions might be covered already.

Please read, learn and participate:

Links and Resources: (Check stuck threads at the top for the latest news and information)

Video On Demand Schedule
Video On Demand General Info & Response Thread

Use this forum to discuss, submit questions/complaints/suggestions with other Anime Network viewers. The links above will provide most commonly asked questions regarding Anime Network services and properties.

I. We need your Zip Code and Cable/Satellite Provider to Help

When submitting reports of problems, it is important to provide us with information of your cable/network/VOD provider, and your ZipCode (this information is needed to track down the problem). (PM this to Slowhand if you want to keep the information private) and other information about the nature of the problem, as well as the specific anime/episode in question. Anime Network and your Cable/Satellite Provider can not help you without this information.

II. Please contact your Cable/Satellite Provider with information on missing updates

It is equally important that you call and email your Cable/Satellite/Service provider along with posting in this thread, as most problems are usually the result of problems on their side or the VOD company they subcontract to update the content that Anime Network sends to them.

Viewers experiencing missing updates need to contact your cable provider.

If you do not report the problem, then the systems do not seek to replace it after it fails for some reason. The more you call, the more the cable provider will pay attention to making sure Anime Network is working properly.

When making a call to your provider, it is usually best to request to speak to the manager or the supervisor. Usually, regular customer service representatives can only take down your request, but don’t have much power beyond that.

Please make sure the Customer service agent you speak to understands that Anime Network has sent the episodes and there may be a local problem with either their network, full disc drives or some other technical problem that is preventing the delivery of the episodes (this depends on the circumstances which can be case specific).

You have to try to make them file the report or speak to the supervisor, understand the problem and not let them give you the run around of “we only post what we are sent to by the provider” (this is a stock response) so that it can be sent to their VOD department.

III. Missing Updates - Where are my updates?

VOD technology allows great convenience in that it allows viewers to watch a wide range of programming through your cable box without having to go out to rent or buy DVDs from many programming options, but it is a very complex technology. Your Cable or Satellite provider or their VOD subcontracting companies like (InDemand, etc.) are responsible for granting you the user access to these updates. There are so many layers and handlers of the data, including subcontracting VOD companies that handle the infrastructure, storage, VOD file management for your Cable companies. This is normally why Cable companies usually have a hard time fixing or dealing with VOD.

A lot of the large cable providers have different regional operation centers that handle the VOD for certain regions. This complicates it because human error can happen, if someone from your area’s VOD department forgot to make the updates Anime Network sent them available or if your area’s VOD hard drives are full… they reject the updates Anime Network sends them.

Anime Network may be able to determine whether the updates were sent out or not, but after that point, the responsibility of the update will go to your Cable provider or the company that manages the content sent to them.

(This is why it’s important to let your cable provider’s customer service department know and take note of the issue and report it to their VOD department. See above information)

Reports submitted by the viewers will be looked over by Anime Network in the reports sent to them, and they will try to get your Cable/Satellite provider to fix it from this side – but there is only so much Anime Network can do to convince your Cable/Satellite provider without your help on fixing the issue.

IV. Why are the shows starting at episode 5 and why can’t I get the entire series of a show at once?

Anime Network always shows series from the beginning (unless it’s a special circumstance). It’s a moving train of content, every week new shows and episodes are posted, eventually they start back at episode 1 or different shows at episode 1.

Most people think Video On Demand means every single episode available of every show. Unfortunately the technology and expense of doing this is not viable at this time and unrealistically high expectations are formed. VOD in general works pretty much like TV does, except the episodes are available usually for a month to be viewed anytime, then they are replaced, with weekly updates that are posted every Thursday (Some providers post it early on Wednesday afternoon/night). That’s how the cable providers operate VOD in general.

Cable companies place a limit on what the content providers, like Anime Network can provide. For SVOD and Free VOD carriers this is usually 30 hours of storage space a month. So Anime Network and other VOD providers have to work within those constraints.

Anime Network Online Player where a lot of these episodes and shows are hosted on Anime Network’s own servers - series in their entirety are available!

V. Why is buying Sentai Filmworks and Section23 Films DVDs of show that are available on Anime Network important?

It is the foundation of income and helps Sentai Filmworks, Section23 Films and other Anime production and licensing studios to acquire new anime series for Anime Network.

If you like a show on Anime Network, please show your support and buy the legal Sentai Filmworks, Section23 Films DVDs from respected retailers like Right Stuf.com or DVDpacific.com or at your local Best Buy, Fry’s or Walmart, and other retailers – a lot of these shows are expensive to license and produce for English audiences. While VOD ad revenue does help to pay for some of this access, if you want new shows and new productions – DVD sales are incredibly important in allowing Anime Network to acquire new shows from Japan!

Without your financial support, it means less shows, and less services.

VI. It is required from you all in the future that are reporting problems:

When you report a problem or missing update, we need you to provide your Cable/Satellite or VOD provider for Anime Network (TAN) and also your Zip Code (City, State would also be helpful). This information is now necessary to help track down your problems with your Cable/Satellite/VOD provider.

For example:
Time Warner, 78702 (Austin, TX)
(Your Report)

If you do not provide us information we are not going to be able to help you.

The weekly report is sent to Anime Network every Monday (except holidays). This gives a chance for all episodes to load from the previous Thursday.

Thank you for your cooperation. :slight_smile:

cox cable, san diego ca, 92173

thanks for your help these up

letter bee ep 20
mobile police patlabor ep 23
special a ep 13
kinmoza ep 5
sasami san at ganbaranai ep 1
tamako ep 7

still missing

the severing crime edge ep 13 (final episode!

this title showing wrong show ==
divergence eve: misaki chronicles 01 — is playing divergence eve episode 1

thank you

Chicago 60609 uverse

The only thing missing from 12/26/2013 is Arcana Famiglia 6

The Anime Network 01-02, 15 episodes; 2 premieres on http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Whats-On/Anime-Network-Video-on-Demand/DirecTV Channel 1889
San Francisco Bay Area, 94536

Four-week-old episodes did not expired at 11:59pm Wednesday 01/01.
Amagami SS +Plus (sub) (11) Haruka Morishima - Part 1
Amnesia (sub) (05) V
Busou Shinki (sub) (04) It’s a Race1 Once Around the Park
Little Busters! (sub) (24) If Rin-chan is Happy, I’m Happy, Too
Mobile Police Patlabor (TV) (25) Storm of Sprint
NAKAIMO - My Little Sister is Among Them! (09) Surprise Attack! Little Sister Warning!
Sasami-san@Ganbaranai (sub) (03) You Work, You Lose
Stella Women’s Academy (sub) (10) Brothers in Arms are Bound to Disappear
^ Sunday Without God (sub) (01) Valley of Death (premiere)
^ Taisho Baseball Girls (sub) (01) That Which the Boys Do (reshowing)
Tamako Market (sub) (09) I Will Sing Love’s Song
Tegami Bachi S2: Letter Bee Reverse (sub) (22) A Place to Return To
Uta no Prince Sama 1 (02) Brand New Melody
Yumeria (Eng) (08) Our Reason
Yuyushiki (sub) (10) Because It’s Fun

Notes:

[size=5]Missing

• Yuyushiki (sub) (07) 3rd Semester! {missing from 12/12}[/size]

Two premieres
^ Sunday Without God (sub) (01) Valley of Death (premiere)
^ Taisho Baseball Girls (sub) (01) That Which the Boys Do (reshowing)

[table]
[tr][td]http://home.comcast.net/~spacecobrajoe/TAN/Ch1889_13-12-05.jpg[/td] [td]http://home.comcast.net/~spacecobrajoe/TAN/ChTiVo_13-10-31.jpg[/td][/tr]
[tr][th] DirecTV HR22 [/th] [th] TiVo THR22 [/th][/tr]
[/table]

Episodes currently listed for DirecTV Channel 1889:[table]
[tr][td]+ [/td] [td]+[/td] [td]+[/td] [td]12/12[/td][td]12/19[/td][td]12/26[/td][td]01/02[/td] [td][size=2]Pitch dates[/size] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]** - ** [/td] [td]** - [/td] [td] -**[/td] [td]01/08[/td][td]01/15[/td][td]01/22[/td][td]01/29[/td] [td][size=2]Expiration dates[/size][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]1w[/td] [td]S[/td] [td]Amagami SS +Plus[/td] [td]08[/td][td]09[/td][td]10[/td][td]11+[/td] [td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]1w[/td] [td]A[/td] [td]Amnesia[/td] [td]02[/td][td]03[/td][td]04[/td][td]05+[/td] [td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]1w[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]Busou Shinki[/td] [td]01[/td][td]02[/td][td]03[/td][td]04+[/td] [td] missing 02 [/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td] [td]G[/td] [td]Flowers of Evil[/td] [td] -[/td][td]12[/td][td]13[/td][td] . [/td] [td] finale [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
[/td] [td]A[/td] [td]Godannar[/td] [td]24[/td][td]25[/td][td]26[/td][td] . [/td] [td] finale [/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td] [td]A[/td] [td]Hakuoki Dawn of Shinsengumi[/td] [td]12[/td][td] .[/td][td] .[/td][td] . [/td] [td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]1w[/td] [td]A[/td] [td]Letter Bee Reverse[/td] [td]19[/td][td]20[/td][td]21[/td][td]22+[/td] [td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]Leviathan[/td] [td]13[/td][td] .[/td][td] .[/td][td] . [/td] [td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]1w[/td] [td]S[/td] [td]Little Busters[/td] [td]21[/td][td]22[/td][td]23[/td][td]24+[/td] [td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td] [td]A[/td] [td]Majestic Prince[/td] [td]22[/td][td]23[/td][td]24[/td][td] . [/td] [td] finale [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]1w[/td] [td]A[/td] [td]Mobile Police: Patabor[/td] [td]22[/td][td]23[/td][td]24[/td][td]25+[/td] [td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]1w[/td] [td]S[/td] [td]Nakaimo[/td] [td]06[/td][td]07[/td][td]08[/td][td]09+[/td] [td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]1w[/td] [td]S[/td] [td]Sasami-san@Ganbaranai[/td] [td] -[/td][td]01[/td][td]02[/td][td]03+[/td] [td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
[/td] [td]A[/td] [td]Severing Crime Edge, The[/td] [td]13[/td][td] .[/td][td] .[/td][td] . [/td] [td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]??[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]Special A (Eng)[/td] [td]12[/td][td]13[/td][td]14[/td][td] .[/td] [td]unexpected[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]1w[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]Stella Women’s Academy[/td] [td]07[/td][td]08[/td][td]09[/td][td]10+[/td] [td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]1w[/td] [td]_[/td] [td]Sunday Without God[/td] [td] -[/td][td] -[/td][td] -[/td][td]01+[/td] [td] premiere [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]1w[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]Taisho Baseball Girls[/td] [td] -[/td][td] -[/td][td] -[/td][td]01+[/td] [td] premiere [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]1w[/td] [td]S[/td] [td]Tamako Market[/td] [td]06[/td][td]07[/td][td]08[/td][td]09+[/td] [td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]1w[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]Uta No Prince Sama 1[/td] [td] -[/td][td] -[/td][td]01[/td][td]02+[/td] [td] premiere [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]1w[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]Yumeria[/td] [td]05[/td][td]06[/td][td]07[/td][td]08+[/td] [td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]1w[/td] [td]S[/td] [td]Yuyushiki[/td] [td]07-[/td][td]08[/td][td]09[/td][td]10+[/td] [td] missing 07[/td][/tr]
[/table]
[size=1]1w=every_week, 2w=even_weeks, 2W=odd_weeks, 2x=2_per_week, 3x=3_per_week, *=Single, F=Finale.[/size]
[size=2]A=Action_Zone, G=Girl_Power, S=Super_Happy_Funtime.[/size]
[size=2]Add Channel 1889 to your favorites list; you can then get there via the Guide, even when not watching live TV.[/size]

-Joe

DirecTV Florida 32117

I haven’t reported in a while so here is my latest. First of all Episode 6, I think of Yumeria has been missing and there was no update last week after Christmas and Anime Network has been “Not Available” for at least 48 hours now. I will try resetting my receiver tonight, though. Also, because of it not being available, I haven’t received anything for this week, either.

**TWC 2014/01/02

15/15** :woohoo:

got: (anomalies in red)
ACTION ZONE: 3
Amnesia 05
Letter Bee Rev 22
Mobile Police 25

GIRL POWER: 6
Busou Shinki 04
Stella C3 10
Taisho Girls 01
Uta no Prince 1 02
Yumeria 08
Yuyushiki 10 (the girls seem to be on the move!)

SUPER HAPPY FUNTIME: 6
Amagami SS+ 11
Little Busters 24
Nakaimo 09
Sasami-san 03
Sunday W/Out God 01
Tamako Market 09

*note: titles as found, nothing checked beyond what you see in this post.

missing: 2013/12/12 :frowning:
SUPER HAPPY FUNTIME:
Yuyushiki 07

TWC, NY 13215: Everything quoted below applies here also.

[quote=“shadzar” post=158523]**TWC 2014/01/02

15/15** :woohoo:

got: (anomalies in red)
ACTION ZONE: 3
Amnesia 05
Letter Bee Rev 22
Mobile Police 25

GIRL POWER: 6
Busou Shinki 04
Stella C3 10
Taisho Girls 01
Uta no Prince 1 02
Yumeria 08
Yuyushiki 10 (the girls seem to be on the move!)

SUPER HAPPY FUNTIME: 6
Amagami SS+ 11
Little Busters 24
Nakaimo 09
Sasami-san 03
Sunday W/Out God 01
Tamako Market 09

*note: titles as found, nothing checked beyond what you see in this post.

missing: 2013/12/12 :frowning:
SUPER HAPPY FUNTIME:
Yuyushiki 07[/quote]

TWC Dayton, OH, 45420

1-2-13
All Updates Received. Yay.

Still missing a good chunk of the 12-19 update, however.
Amnesia 03
Godannar 25
Letter Bee Reverse 20
Majestic Prince 23
Patlabor 23
Busou Shinki 02
Flowers of Evil 12
Special A 13
Stella C3 08
Amagami SS+ 09
Little Busters 22
Nakaimo 07

Obligatory ‘No Yuyushiki 07’ too

TWC Round Rock, TX 78681

Schedule for January 2, 2014:

Amagami SS +Plus 11 - "Haruka Morishima! Part 1"
Amnesia 5 - "V"
Busou Shinki 4 - "It’s a Race! Once Around the Park!"
Little Busters! 24 - "If Rin-chan is Happy, I’m Happy, Too!"
Mobile Police Patlabor TV 25 - "Storm of Spring!"
NAKAIMO ~ My Little Sister is Among Them! 9 - "Surprise Attack! Little Sister Warning!"
Sasami-san@Ganbaranai 3 - "You Work, You Lose!"
Stella Women’s Academy, High School Division Class C3 10 - "Brothers in Arms are Bound to Disappear!"
Sunday Without God 1 - “Valley of Death I!” <FIRST EPISODE>
Taisho Baseball Girls 1 - “That Which the Boys Do!” <FIRST EPISODE>
Tamako Market 9 - "I Will Sing Love’s Song!"
Tegami Bachi: Letter Bee Reverse 22 - "A Place to Return To!"
Uta no Prince Sama 1 2 - "Brand New Melody!"
Yumeria 8 - "Our Reason!"
Yuyushiki 10 - “Because It’s Fun!”
<<received>>

<<NOT received December 12>>
Yuyushiki 7 - “3rd Semester!”

[quote=“Duneczan” post=158525]TWC Dayton, OH, 45420

1-2-13

Amnesia 03
Godannar 25
Letter Bee Reverse 20
Majestic Prince 23
Patlabor 23
Busou Shinki 02
Flowers of Evil 12
Special A 13
Stella C3 08
Amagami SS+ 09
Little Busters 22
Nakaimo 07

Obligatory ‘No Yuyushiki 07’ too[/quote]

Same list here in Cincinnati, Ohio 45255. -.-

DirecTV 55433

Starting the new year on a good note. Looks like everything scheduled for this week has made an appearance. Yuyushiki 7 is the only holdout from last year.

Time Warner, 91361

it was just my imagination, so i thought the volume of episodes were reduced.
but its looks like only this episode from 1st Jan didn’t make it

Uta no Prince 1 02

[quote=“leo4563” post=158536]Time Warner, 91361

it was just my imagination, so i thought the volume of episodes were reduced.
but its looks like only this episode from 1st Jan didn’t make it

Uta no Prince 1 02[/quote]

Did you receive your December 12 update?

Did you receive your December 12 update?
[/quote]

a large majority of them were restored, except Yuyushiki 7

Cogeco L6K 3R6

Still no sign of Majestic Prince 24 from the 12/26 update.

[quote=“lightsenshi” post=158534]

[quote=“Duneczan” post=158525]TWC Dayton, OH, 45420

1-2-13

Amnesia 03
Godannar 25
Letter Bee Reverse 20
Majestic Prince 23
Patlabor 23
Busou Shinki 02
Flowers of Evil 12
Special A 13
Stella C3 08
Amagami SS+ 09
Little Busters 22
Nakaimo 07

Obligatory ‘No Yuyushiki 07’ too[/quote]

Same list here in Cincinnati, Ohio 45255. -.-[/quote]

Yup, here too!!! :S TWC Dayton, OH 45458

TWC

AKB0048 13
Amnesia 01
Stella C3 06
Yuyushiki 06
etc

all the shows that should have expired with this weeks update are still present. did not report earlier because last weeks episodes still had their trademark New Dot with them. now only shows scheduled this week have their dot, but the full list from 2013/12/05 is still available for viewing. :blink:

[quote=“shadzar” post=158552]TWC

AKB0048 13
Amnesia 01
Stella C3 06
Yuyushiki 06
etc

all the shows that should have expired with this weeks update are still present. did not report earlier because last weeks episodes still had their trademark New Dot with them. now only shows scheduled this week have their dot, but the full list from 2013/12/05 is still available for viewing. :blink:[/quote]

Forgive me, I’m still a little hung over… are those shows listed the ones you received or the ones you’re missing? :S

[quote=“Slowhand” post=158553]

[quote=“shadzar” post=158552]TWC

AKB0048 13
Amnesia 01
Stella C3 06
Yuyushiki 06
etc

all the shows that should have expired with this weeks update are still present. did not report earlier because last weeks episodes still had their trademark New Dot with them. now only shows scheduled this week have their dot, but the full list from 2013/12/05[/quote]

is still available for viewing. :blink:
Forgive me, I’m still a little hung over… are those shows listed the ones you received or the ones you’re missing? :S[/quote]

those are the ones no longer present on the schedule and should have an expiration date of 2014/01/02 but they did NOT expire yet. they are hanging around it seems for an extra day i guess. the full week of shows form 2013/12/05 are still here and should not be.

Got it.