Anime Network VOD Reports/Updates/Questions Thread (2018)

Optimum/Cablevision in Wall Township, New Jersey 07719.

Received from 2/81/18 update:
Black Bullet 2
Campione 8
Hiiro no Kakera (Season 2) ~ The Tamayori Princess Saga 2 and 3
AKB0048 - Next Stage 6 and 7
Amnesia 9 and 10
Blade Dance of the Elementalers 6
Blue Spring Ride 10
Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions! –Heart Throb- (Season 2) 5 and 6
Ebiten 8
Gingitsune - Messenger Fox of the Gods 8
Godannar 1 and 2
Inu x Boku Secret Service 9
K-On Season Two 23 and 24
One Week Friends 1 and 2
RIN-NE 3 13
Shirodako 23 and 24
Engaged to the Unidentified 1

2 Likes

Spectrum/time warner Phoenix, NY 13135

Seems like I am missing Black Bullet #2 and Inu x Boku #9 but I had a heck of a crappy morning so I’m not sure if any more are missing.

3 Likes

Spectrum (TWC) Round Rock, TX 78681

Schedule for February 8, 2018:

Amnesia 9 - "IX"
Amnesia 10 - "X"
Blade Dance of the Elementalers 7 - "Battle of the Mining City!"
Blade Dance of the Elementalers 8 - "Team Scarlet!"
Blue Spring Ride 10 - "Page 10"
Campione 8 - "A Hero Arrives!"
Ebiten 8 - "The Agonizing Astronomy Club’s Special Endless Herb Pheromone!"
Guardian Ninja Mamoru 3 - "The Girl from Ninja Village!"
K-On!! (Season 2) 23 - "After School!"
K-On!! (Season 2) 24 - "Graduation Ceremony!"
Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions! ~Heart Throb~ (Season 2) 5 - "The Illusive… Siesta Labyrinth!"
Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions! ~Heart Throb~ (Season 2) 6 - “Travelling to the Island of Tsukushi… of Hesitation!”
(Received)

NOT Received:
Black Bullet 2 - "The Mask of Madness!"
Inu x Boku Secret Service 9 - “The Day of the Promise!”

2 Likes

@Supermutant

You should have received Episode 8 this week.

1 Like

Directv Cochranton PA 16314

Unfortunately, also missing all scheduled episodes for the second week in a row. Welcome back to disappointment…

2 Likes

fixed

2 Likes

DirecTV Phoenix, AZ

Deep sigh…

• Aoharu X Machinegun 06 is finally gone.
  • Nothing received this week, including no backfill for last week.
  • The worksheet at http://tinyurl.com/yckwpnrs is updated.
3 Likes

Not necessarily an update, but this time around High School of the Dead is the Sub version in the Comcast upload.

3 Likes

Verizon Fios - 13027

2/1 update received.
Hiiro no Kakera (Season 1), Ep 13 (this was in a separate folder).

2/1 update not received
Inu x Boku Secret Service 8

2/8 updates received.
AKB0048 - Next Stage 6 & 7
Amnesia 9 & 10
Black Bullet 2
Blade Dance of the Elementalers 6
Blue Spring Ride 10
Campione 8
Ebiten 8
Engaged to the Unidentified 1
Gingitsune - Messenger Fox of the Gods 8
Godannar 1 & 2
Hiiro no Kakera (Season 2) ~ The Tamayori Princess Saga 2 & 3
K-On!! (Season 2) 23 & 24
Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions! –Heart Throb- (Season 2) 5 & 6
One Week Friends 1 & 2
RIN-NE 3 - 13
SHIROBAKO 23 & 24

Inu x Boku Secret Service 9 (This is in a seperate “season” folder and has the issue where the name is “episode” instead of “episode ##” so each week the current update will replace the previous update).

2 Likes

Update to Updates Received/Not Received 2/8/18 :: Time Warner Cable :: Albany, NY :: Zip Code 12203

…is that there’s no update: still missing Black Bullet #2 and Inu x Boku #9.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Directv FL 33563

Still nothing for the last 2 weeks.

3 Likes

The report for this week & all follow-ups was compiled and sent to Anime Network today.

Users with missing episodes that have not reported back since the last report:

None

2 Likes

Apropos of Nothing,
While I’m still mulling about voice-acting in general and dubbing in particular, here’s
This Week’s Trivia Question:
In what currently-available episode does the soundtrack mistakenly (or deliberately but bizarrely and inexplicably) substitute a radically different voice for one of the characters for the entire scene? 30 points
(But just in case you wish to amuse yourself by guessing at random, I’ll award 5 points for the show, 5 for the episode number, 10 for the character, and 10 for the scene.)

Thanks!

2 Likes

Oops! It looks like that should be “currently-available to everyone who
(1) actually has their scheduled episodes, and (2) isn’t on Xfinity.”

Sorry!

2 Likes

There’s a couple clues here.

1. Having all episodes.
    In theory, that means it is most likely an episode from either the 2/1 or 2/8 update

2. Excluding Xfinity (and Cox, Shaw and AT&T…)
    That means it isn’t a show available on the HD upload schedule. So no SNAFU TOO or K-ON!!

3. It’s not Inu X Boku 9 or Black Bullet 2

Personally I haven’t seen any of the other shows currently available on Spectrum aside from Love, Chunibyo, and Other Delusions Season 1, so I can’t fathom a guess. :cry:

2 Likes

Uh, not quite. When I said “isn’t on Xfinity”, I deliberately did not include Cox, Shaw and AT&T. As far as I can tell, their customers are good to go in this wild goose chase–it’s just you Xfinity folks who are being discriminated against. Of course, I’m simply basing this on AN’s Providers listings on the website—which don’t seem to match your valiant but insanely complicated reports. E.g., I don’t see Yusube, Big O, Chivalry or Ika Musume/Squidgirl in the website listing

So how’s that for a lot more clues?

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I read that part of your post in the strongest southern drawl possible, straight out of the backlands of Jo’ga(Georgia :wink:).

Oh a clarification to #2 though. I didn’t mean it offensively. Just that while Cox, AT&T, and Shaw seem to still show a combined version of the SD and HD upload schedule, they no longer have the SD uploads (at least from the conversations with our Cox users). Now this might not be true, however since their last posts are from 2017, and not certain if we have any members with Shaw or AT&T.

You’re telling me about insanely complicated reports! I still can’t comprehend why the X1 app has programming that the in home boxes doesn’t. :dizzy_face:

That last part is fault of whoever is in charge of the ANOD schedule page for Xfinity. The schedule is being sent to them, but just not being revised properly.

One last thing, sorry for making you type so much with your bum hands…

Hope you get better soon!

2 Likes

Before I give the answer to the trivia question with my report tonight, I think it only fair that I give one more clue, namely that…

…it is a bit of trick question. I’m attempting a sleight-of-words. While what I said in the original question was perfectly true, the exact way I phrased it was slightly (or “sleight-ly”?) misleading. Beware!

“Why, God bless your heart!” But since I was born and raised in Albany, New York, not Albany, Georgia, and with what others claim are lingering traces of my mother’s Canadian accent on top of that…your Southern reading of my post represents quite a mental dub in and of itself, eh?

(Actually, I don’t do the whole Mackenzie Brothers “eh?” thing, because my Mom never did when I was growing up. Ever. Maybe it just wasn’t something Montrealers did?)

(If only Sensei Terry Silver were still with us. He’d know. [sigh])

Happy Valentine’s Day, y’all, eh?

2 Likes

Optimum/Cablevision in Wall Township, New Jersey 07719.

Received from 2/15/18 update:
Black Bullet 3
Campione 9
Hiiro no Kakera (Season 2) ~ The Tamayori Princess Saga 4 and 5
AKB0048 - Next Stage 8 and 9
Amnesia 11 and 12
Blade Dance of the Elementalers 7
Blue Spring Ride 11
Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions! –Heart Throb- (Season 2) 7 and 8
Ebiten 9
Gingitsune - Messenger Fox of the Gods 9
Godannar 4
Inu x Boku Secret Service 10
K-On Season Two 25 and 26
One Week Friends 3 and 4
RIN-NE 3 14
Engaged to the Unidentified 2

Missing from 2/15/18 update:
Godannar 3

2 Likes

Updates Received/Not Received 2/15/18 :: Time Warner Cable :: Albany, NY :: Zip Code 12203

Given all the space I’ve been wasting on irrelevancies the past two days (sorry, everybody!), it’s a good thing if I stick to

The short version:
All of this week’s scheduled shows have arrived; still no sign of Black Bullet #2 or Inu x Boku #9.

(but since I’m apparently not yet sorry enough…)

"Surprise, surprise! / What a shocker! /This week’s question/Has come a cropper! " Well, not exactly shocking–it was a wild goose chase, after all. (Do the wild geese ever catch what they’re chasing? [smack!] Focus, Jababbi, focus!) So, to wrap it up, this week’s trivia question was

In what currently-available episode does the soundtrack mistakenly (or deliberately but bizarrely and inexplicably) substitute a radically different voice for one of the characters for the entire scene?

[ details=The Answer ]

Summary

In Inu x Boku (5 points) #6 (5 points), Soushi (10 points), in one of the scenes after the closing song (10 points). It’s the aftermath of a supernatural battle at the high school Ririchiyo, Roromiya and Watanuki attend, and things are getting back to normal. There are lots of wild rumors about what may have happened, but none of the normals are really any the wiser as to the goings-on. We shift scenes to a car on the street outside, where Natsumi says they’re lucky nobody got a picture or anything, and the other man in the car replies in a deep, gravelly voice, “That’s unfortunate. We’d have to erase all the evidence.” Natsumi laughs and calls him scary, and remarks on youth and spring and happiness as the car drives off. End of scene. But that other man in the car with that gruff, gravelly voice was Soushi! (Since that was his only line, he did have a “radically different voice” “for the entire scene”. There’s the sleight.) Soushi has his normal voice in the original Japanese (I checked on HDive before posting the question). So apparently the dubbers never bothered to take a good look at the picture when they made the script…or recorded the dub.

Soushi’s use of “unfortunate” is also off–taken at face value, it means he wanted there to be evidence, so he could “erase” it. That would make him scary, all right! The subtitles of the original Japanese–and the closed captioning of the English dub, for that matter–get it right and say “fortunate.”

[ /details ]

Thanks!

2 Likes