Anime Suggestions!

Sentai only licensed the first 49 episodes & the first movie.
So that is all that is on Anime Network.

Given that they released vol. 4 back in Feb 2011 and nothing has been heard since (save for the first movie) it’s assumed that they probably won’t license anymore past that point.

Well I did my part for that, I bought and watched the dubbed movie on BD.

ADV/Sentai just don’t seem destined to have a success with a long-running series, do they? :frowning:

Yea, I’m starting to wonder if Sentai has something against long running shows. I’m not sure if anything they licensed is longer than about 50 episodes (the stuff ANO has longer are Maiden Japan stuff it seems)

Well, Phi-Brain is over 70 episodes and counting. I guess we just have to see how the physical releases for the last season go.

And in all fairness, most long running series either aren’t licensed in R1 at all, or are never completed. Funimation has dropped a few longer series, Kodocha and Conan/Case Closed most notably. Viz has also been hit or miss in the past, Hikaru No Go, Prince of Tennis, and Full Moon, just to name a few. but their current track record seems to be better. At least, so far, Sentai has put everything they’ve licensed on physical disc, which is more than can be said of some of Viz’s failed licenses.

Except for that one show that fizzled and phi brain, which is still “up in the air” (and I suspect that it could be the next cased closed, a long running kiddie anime that doesn’t break out in the States), I’m not coming up with any long-running Sentai/ADV shows. A wildly successful long running series just doesn’t seem to be something that adv/Sentai can get. If only funi had gotten the now-dead golden goose of Eva tos while adv had gotten dbz…

There’s still Space Brothers…

I did forget about Space Bros. Hopefully the Sentai Combine can find success with that one, but whatever their plans are for it they’ve been silent about 'em for a long time now.

Did I make this suggestion before?

I’d like to see Senki Zesshou Symphogear (even if it’s subbed) on. B)

[quote=“lightsenshi” post=165367]Did I make this suggestion before?

I’d like to see Senki Zesshou Symphogear (even if it’s subbed) on. B)[/quote]

Yes you did, and here was the response:

[quote=“The Coffee God” post=113187]

[quote=“lightsenshi” post=113186]
I think people would enjoy Senki Zesshou Symphogear:[/quote]

The problem with that though, is that is a FUNimation streaming license, which you can still watch on their site.

http://www.funimation.com/shows/symphogear/anime[/quote]

[quote=“The Coffee God” post=113187]

[quote=“lightsenshi” post=113186]
I think people would enjoy Senki Zesshou Symphogear:[/quote]

The problem with that though, is that is a FUNimation streaming license, which you can still watch on their site.

http://www.funimation.com/shows/symphogear/anime[/quote]

In SD. With ads (though, while the ad markers appear in the video, no ads seem to appear for Funi subscribers).

Funimation’s very “GAINAX” equivalent to AKB0048. If Funimation isn’t going to do anything with this one, if they’re going to RAINBOW it (which seems likely as isn’t this just an unfortunate, forgotten casualty of the now-infamous Funico?), then they ought to release it IMO; if you love them, let them go :slight_smile:

[quote=“The Coffee God” post=165369]

Yes you did, and here was the response:[/quote]

I tend to forget stuff, which is why I sometimes ask again…

Since Maiden Japan (Up the Irons!!) gave us the classic that is Rune Explorers, let them shower us with another classic; one that also star two lovely ladies:

Gunsmith Cats

A BD for this would make the car chase even awesome-er.

Beast Player Erin

A solid epic fantasy from the same author that gave us Moribito: Nahoko Uehashi

The ovas for The World God Only Knows should be put in licensed because they go along with the story as well as season 3

the last 4 episodes of kokoro connect its a good show that needs more light and it needs to be finished

the anime Bokurano for it being the deconstruction of the mech genre and it being a very well made show as well as Neon Genesis Evangelion (I dont know why this show isnt relicensed i mean Funimation licensed the movies but not the show itself)

Kyou no Gononi i would recommend it but seeing how it is very short and not many people know about it but it was a well made show for what it was

rather old (i doubt you will license this relic but) Ashita no Joe or Tommorrow’s Joe, in my opinion if you can license Gatchaman you should be able to license this thing that has never been put in english or shown in the states legally, the show is so popular it was mentioned in the manga and anime Bakuman

i doubt any of the shows here will actually be licensed by you guys since you rarely look here but you will be missing out if these shows are left unlicensed for how good they were to me

THE CHOICE IS UP TO YOU SENTAI FILMWORKS

EDIT: The anime Scrapped Princess is also a good find that should be licensed

These are already licensed and have been out and released for awhile now.

[quote=“The Coffee God” post=171553]

These are already licensed and have been out and released for awhile now.

Explore the Ultimate Anime & Manga Shop | Crunchyroll Store [/quote]

ok then thts one thng i can take off the list then

More anime movies is always awesome.

Asura

In a mid-15th century Kyoto ravaged by successive waves of floods, drought, and famine, Asura was left to fend for himself in the wilderness as an infant and grew up into an axe-wielding child surviving on both animal and human flesh. Asura’s life took a turn when he became acquainted with Wakasa, a young village girl who taught Asura words and drew out semblances of empathy from within him. Yet Asura’s peaceful moments with Wakasa would not last long, as famine began to take its toll on Wakasa’s village.

**Alice in the Country of Hearts
**http://cdn03.animenewsnetwork.com/thumbnails/max500x600/encyc/A12782-6.jpg

Alice living in the Hatter’s Mansion begins to have doubts as to whether or not to stay or return home when her vial, her only link back to her world, disappears. The Joker also decides to cause some trouble.

Mitsudomoe

and IF they decided to dub it, let them us their everyday adult voices. Don’t even bother trying to sound little…

…that art. Wow.

Is it trying to satirize the sexualized loli moeblob style of today?

But yeah, I’d prefer no “underage” acting. Toradora burned up my tolerance for that. Besides, this looks like it needs the Ghost Stories/Guin Saga dub treatment. :slight_smile:

[quote=“tonka” post=176114]Mitsudomoe
[/quote]

I’d probably say the time for that title has come and gone.
I would think, if anyone was seriously contemplating that title, they would have picked it up by now, since both seasons aired before the Aniplex funneling.

Being an Aniplex title, in the market as it is now, almost guarantees it’ll probably never see the light of day over here unless AoA for some strange reason wanted it.