Watch on Crunchyroll

Watch on Hulu

[quote]Genres: action, science fiction
Themes: mecha, war
Number of Episodes: 24
Vintage: 2014-07-03
Opening Theme: “Tough Intention” by KOTOKO
Ending Theme: “Face” by Sachika Misawa[/quote]
Plot Summary: The Kingdom of Arandas alliance and the Countries Unification of Ingelmia have been at war for many years. The situation has been at a stalemate across the fortress of the Great Wall, which has never been penetrated since the foundation of Arandas. The gate to the fortress has remained firmly closed, but when it creaks open, the complexity of war starts to change dramatically. (from Crunchyroll)

ANN Page

Official Japanese Website

###Xebec Makes Robot Anime Shirogane no Ishi Argevollen
posted on 2014-03-22 05:05 EDT
Kanokon’s Ootsuki directs & Bodacious Space Pirates’ Sato writes summer anime

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/06/30-1/korean-station-lists-summer-anime-episode-count
June 30, 2014 2:45pm CDT

Argevollen - 24

[quote=“LadyOfWicca”]
Ending Theme: “Face” by Sachika Misawa[/quote]
Reading that brought back memories of Heat Guy J. “Hey, boy, lookin’ for your soul…”

24 episodes? Well that’s something of a novelty nowadays so I’ll have to queue this one up in the hopes that it is a show that can really work with such an episode count.

[quote=“celestial_being”]
24 episodes? Well that’s something of a novelty nowadays so I’ll have to queue this one up in the hopes that it is a show that can really work with such an episode count.[/quote]
Keep in mind, if these lengths did indeed come from ANIPLUS, there’s a good chance some of them are not accurate.

[size=19]http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/49555075[/size]

Sentai just announced this license.

Episode 1 –

[details=spoiler]Not a bad first episode. It sets things up nicely.

It figures that the higher ranking officers ran away like cowards they were under the pretext of devising a counterattack, but ordered those left behind to die defending a base that is already lost. So typical. I’m glad the colonel disobeyed that order!

Disobeying orders seems to be the norm. LOL But Tokimune gets a new toy, although I got a Valvrave vibe there for a second when Tokimune activated it. It was interesting.[/details]

G Gundam meets FMP’s Lambda Driver :unsure: :ohmy:

This Jamie Hazaford is moe in all the wrong ways. Hopefully she won’t really weigh the show down.

Press Release

Nothing about this show makes me want to watch it quickly. Actually, I might remove it from my CR queue and just wait for the ANO airing.

I’d contemplate doing that myself but I have an unfortunate habit of, if not simulcasting, waiting for it to be streamed dubbed. :frowning:

Wow. Between the surrendering and the complete ineptitude of the main character (he dropped the gun?! So not gangsta!) I believe it is safe to come to the conclusion that the beleaguered military kinda sucks.

Is this show supposed to be serious? Like Majestic Prince it is walking on the razor’s edge between serious and cheesy and I’m starting to think that said razor is starting to cut into the show. I’m still enjoying it for what it is, or what I think it is, so far though :slight_smile:

Though not all Crunchy subs are created equal as I’ve found what appear to be grammar errors in Episode 2 (These subs are also rather liberal translations…I don’t know how the “literal translation” folk watch Crunchy lol)

[details=spoiler]

http://i.imgur.com/YtSz1qx.jpg[/details]

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/07/10-1/video-summer-tv-anime-argevollen-op-and-ed-song-pvs
July 10, 2014 10:30pm CDT
The first two episodes are now available on Crunchyroll

[size=19]ANN Anime Spotlight: Argevollen[/size]
Jul 20, 2014

The military in this ought to be ashamed of itself as “basic training” can’t consist of more than just giving a guy a mech and a uniform since the main character in this has no combat skill, no emotional balance and, most importantly, doesn’t follow a single order and has yet to be disciplined for it.

The main character is really killing this show. Normally when the main characters in these things are whiners their early backstory gives some excuse for why they are so pathetic. This show did not do that :frowning:

I haven’t seen the “blinding beams of purity”-style censorship that was featured in this episode since Freezing.

The main character got more comeuppance than normal in anime, though still not enough, so I won’t dismiss this one just yet. Also the manipulative salaryman was a fun character and I wonder in which direction Sentai will take him when they dub this.

[quote=“celestial_being”]The military in this ought to be ashamed of itself as “basic training” can’t consist of more than just giving a guy a mech and a uniform since the main character in this has no combat skill, no emotional balance and, most importantly, doesn’t follow a single order and has yet to be disciplined for it.

The main character is really killing this show. Normally when the main characters in these things are whiners their early backstory gives some excuse for why they are so pathetic. This show did not do that :([/quote]
It would if he’s a closet sis-con… :lol:

[size=19]COMING TO ANIME NETWORK IN AUGUST![/size]

[size=19]Watch ARGEVOLLEN on Anime Network Online[/size]

[size=19]STARTING[/size]

[size=19]August 3rd @ 11:30 AM EST / 8:30 AM PST[/size]

Episode 3 –

spoiler

Tokimune continues to disregard orders and sometimes that’s a good thing. However, I think he’s met his match with Richthofen. Good thing Tokimune got away!

[url=http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/ARGEVOLLEN/Encounter/Watch][/url] [b]Episode 01 is now LIVE![/b]

[url=http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/ARGEVOLLEN/Awakening/Watch][/url] [b]Episode 02 is now LIVE![/b]