Aria The Animation / The Natural / The Origination (TV Series)

Those who ever do, please make the effort to tell/email RightStuf/Nozomi that you saw it on Anime Network and why you got it… otherwise niche, art-house and good shows like this may not appear on Anime Network or on broadcast/digital anywhere in the future. RightStuf and Nozomi don’t always pick up broadcast/digital rights or make content deals like this all the time.

I’ve enjoyed this show immensely and The Natural looks like basically more of the same, I think it’s one I can go back and revisit now and again and enjoy just as much as the first time so I do plan to buy a set. Just when I’m amazed by the animation in one epsiode, the next one has even more beautiful scenes in it. I find myself saving the new episodes to be the last thing I watch in a night, like having an ice cream sundae for dessert. It’s a nice little slice of happiness. (No sappy lines allowed?)

Being sub only doesn’t detract from that a bit, either.

YEah this was surprisingly good for me. I usually can’t stand slice of life type shows but I really liked the characters and the humor. It was just a fun series in general.

Loved the first season and very glad they are showing the second. Wish it had been dubbed for my mom’s sake as the subs are to small for her.

Just saw episode 8 (Festa del Bocolo) of the Natural on VOD -

spoiler

I thought President Aria was so cute doing a hula - I had to laugh when he turned around and had a rose on his butt!! :laugh:

And the Legend of the Red Rose story was very touching and sweet. A nice tradition too. I was sad that everyone was getting roses except Akari. Glad she finally got one at the end.

Akatsuki was so funny too! I don’t think he will ever get up the nerve to tell Alicia how he feels. He just gets so nervous and tongue-tied around her!! :laughing:

I really like this series!

After the trading of insults between sky boy and Aika (as illustrated by ninth picture on Welcome epicwin.org - Hostmonster.com), I went looking for the definition of “Gachapen”. The most I could find is in a review of Amazon.com

That is, a Sad Sack (Droopy Dog) character that walks around with http://www.fujitvkids.co.jp/english/chara/chara_01.html and is a general party pooper.

And “Pony-oni” is a pony-tailed demon.

Nice research Joeinwap! Just made things funnier in that episode!

Up to episode 9 -

spoiler

This episode touched on Akari seeking a wonderful place. She actually had some clients and passed a garden she knew nothing about. This sent her on a quest to find secret wonders of the city. She meets up with her two friends and they try to out do each other in showing off wonderful things to Akari. But she still wants to discover her own.

That night, the city is blacked out and it turns out that Akari is afraid of the dark. Alicia sets out candles, turning the rooms into a cozy, candlelit world. Funny moment when President Aria gets too close to one of the candles and burns his nose.

Alicia tells Akari of her time as an apprentice when she didn’t know much either. Later on, they retire for the night and Alicia offers to stay with Akari in her room. As they climb the stairs, it gets very bright. When they reach Akari’s room, they find it is lit by starlight from the skylight and the sky looks beautiful - like another world. And Akari found her wonder! Very sweet.

Does President Aria ever say anything recognizable (in Japanese), or is it just kitty-speak of some sort? I assume the latter since he’s not translated, but sometimes kind of wonder.

I think it is just kitty-speak. But you never know.

Episode 10 -

spoiler

Aika and Alice wonder how Akari knows so many people, so they secretly follow her, to see how she makes friends. They want to try to solve the “mystery of her personality” and follow her onto a waterbus, where they see how she interacts with the other passengers. But when they see her speaking to a suspicious man, they fear for her safety.

It turns out that the man is a traveling puppeteer and this brings a pleasant childhood memory to both Aika and Alice. I liked how President Aria joined in the dancing – so cute! And the girls realize that Akari is just Akari – a friendly outgoing person with no mystery to her at all.

Sometimes he says “buh-bye” and other things that are almost english, though.

Akari forgot all about her shopping trip in this one, but it was interesting to see what did happen. Neo-Venizia is nothing like New York City, at any rate.

True, but you can have the same type of adventures, although with completely different results!! :laughing:

Episode 11 -

spoiler

Akatsuki’s older brother hires Akari to transport some Neo-Venezian glass because she is so slow. But Akari is excited because it is the first time someone asked specifically for her. And she touches someone’s life once again in a positive way and gains another “fan”. Interesting that the brother implies that Akatsuki is a fan of hers too.

I loved the scene of President Aria stuffing focaccia in his mouth with both paws!

Episode 12 -

spoiler

The Cat King makes another appearance - I like him! He buys poor heat exhausted Akari an iced milk and afterwards, the building that the cafe is in turns into a boarded up ruin. That time/space manipulation thing again! :laughing: It’s really great that Akari gets to have these special adventures.

Later on, Akari buys a nightshine chime and it was so pretty and sad at the end when everyone returns the gems to the sea. But when Akari drops hers, it leaves behind a tear drop crystal and Akari cries. Ai later tells her that it must have been the nightshine gem’s heart that echoed with Akari’s heart. Such a beautiful sentiment!!

No sappy lines! :wink:

My, my, my… lol

There shall forever and always be sappy lines! :laughing:

Episode 13 -

spoiler

Alice tries to discipline herself by making up silly self-imposed rules. For example, she goes home by only stepping on shadows and then gets upset when Athena tries to help her. But she learns that Athena only wants to see her succeed and ends up accepting her help after all. She comes to realize that no one needs to be alone in life and that it is ok to accept help from your friends.

I liked the scene of President Aria singing! So cute!

Well, then, I’d suggest you stay away from Aika :wink:

I think she’s just a softy at heart! :slight_smile:

Athena is very kind and gentle person. She always seems to want the best for Alice.

A very Alice-centric episode.

I wonder if I could paint a wall of a room to look like one of those sunsets?