Aria The Animation / The Natural / The Origination (TV Series)

I did not say my wife not watching dub was logical, it was just her opinion.
I would have have to say more than a few of my Anime purchases were influcanced by her.

Remember, I have question if this audiance is worth the price of dubbing in the past.

For my part, I would have prefer if they used either “Dreams or Wishes” instead of “Mircales”. I am not sure what happen was what I would call a “Mirical”. Maybe true “Mircales” happen later on.

Well, that’s one thing that might get tweaked in a dub, both to try to make the words better match mouth movements and to make a script flow better or localize it more. Like I posted elsewhere, I think it’s fairly difficult to translate certain aspects of Japanese accurately (the comment I made about the same-sounding word being subbed as several english synonyms).

Or as you noted it may make more sense as we see more of the series.

Other than the subs speeding by pretty fast and the “wall of text” issue Horrible mentioned, the first episode was rather enjoyable.

Being a dub fan first and foremost, I of course would much rather have it dubbed since I don’t connect as well on an emotional level while having to concentrate so hard on reading rather than enjoying it to the fullest.

However, just from the first episode, I can see this should be one I’ll probably enjoy.

Considering there is a vaction spot that has lot of waters, I can see why the word “Dreams” have have not been used. They may not be happy with their catch phrase being in an Anime they don’t control.

I think meeting between Aiki and Akari was also translated a bit strange. It may be the choice not to use big sister, it was one of the place that it could have worked. Like most poeple on the boards and have heard this over-used in a dubs, I am happy when it is not used.

Thinking back to watching that section, there are certin phrases that you start to notice. I can see it being anoying when the bits an pieces that are understood don’t match the text on the screen. Naturually you wonder how many liberties are taken from the actual work. If the Artist/Writer agreed to these changes, then it is much to do about nothing.

I can see why some Otaku would want the traslation being as exact as possible.

The relationship between Aiki and Akari will become more apparent in the second episode.

But as a side note the sound for “affirmative” got translated at least 5 ways in this episode alone… sure, right, okay, all right, yes… lol… it must depend on context clues I still have no hope of understanding.

As for the episode, it does more to introduce the competition, so to speak. It continues the quality of the first episode, and if anything hooked me further on this show. I don’t know if I’d buy it just yet, but if I’d bought it blind I wouldn’t be dissapointed in it.

I watched episode 2 today, I just noticed everyone’s name starts with A

Aika, Akari, Amanda, Ai, Alicia, and Akira, the flood period was called Acque Alta, the name of the company is Aria and Mars is now known as Aqua.

What is with this show and the letter A?

I liked episode 2 though.

I have been pleasantly surprised with this anime. Normally I don’t like this kind of slice of life genre - I’m an action kinda guy. But I think the characters are what are drawing me in. They are all quite likable. It is well animated and easy on the eyes. I’ll enjoy seeing more of it.

two dimensional or not, who could get bored of looking at pretty girls?

Three episodes in now.

And like I thought from my first episode summary, I’m really enjoying this one.
It’s very slow paced so far, but filled with all kinds of humor and cuteness, especially Akari’s sentimentality.

I’m hoping we get more episodes of this on the free VOD or Pay Per View on Comcast. I also found myself enjoying it much more than I expected.

That reminds me, still need to pick up the second season…

Watched episode 3, new A characters are Alice, Anna, and Akatsuki, seriously at this point it can’t be a coincidence.

I liked it, Akatsuki is going to be fun and Alice shows some promise.

Still serene too.

I just watched the first episode (I know, I’m behind the curve) and I thought it was nice. Kinda reminded me of cotton candy: pretty colors and really sweet. I don’t watch very much subbed material, so I had to adjust to watching the screen continuously, since I tend to multi-task when I watch shows.:slight_smile: It seems like a nice little slice of life series and I’ll continue watching, especially since most have posted have said it’s pretty solid.

Saw episode 4, the A check is completed with Ami and Mrs. Allen, unfortunately Woody a new character starts with W ruining everything.

The episode was kind of predictable but still nice.

I just got to see episode 3 and the more I watch the more I enjoy it. The setting for this show is pretty interesting, it’s a fiction but they took a little time to make it look correct to it’s inspiration.

Watched episode 5, add Athena to the list of A characters.

It was a great episode, lot of laugh moments, and isn’t President Aria just the cutest thing ever(maybe even more than Tediursa?)

Finished ep. 7 last night.

As much of a pain as this series is to read for me (very speedy subs), this series has a lot for me to enjoy. It’s not flashy in the least bit (though I really like the animation), but carries with it a nice slow-paced enjoyable storyline, with a fair amount of comedic moments.

I wish they wouldn’t tease us so on the free VOD side, apparently we get one episode every third week now?

Just got around to finishing up episode 8.

I loved this episode!

It was actually two little mini storys, both revolving around President Aria, and really funny and cute!

Yes, that was a really cute episode. Aria could use some pupils though, his eyes soemtimes look like they’re just some kind of cheek highlight.

I bought the soundtrack CD for this series when I found a good deal on it on eBay. I think I got a legit one, too, not a bootleg. The opening and ending themes are alternate versions from those used in the show, but the rest of the music is the same. Which is mostly instrumental background music of a classical or jazz nature - very pretty and relaxing. Not my normal type of music, but I liked this enough I’ve listened to the whole CD through a couple of times.

Not sure whether we’re going to keep all the Aria series together in one thread or whether we’re going to make sperate threads, so I’ll just put this here for now.

Finished up the first episode of Aria: The Natural.

I loved the fist season, and eventually have to get it.

spoiler

The Natural jumps right in.

It was a rather nice episode, focusing on the cat mythology again, mixed with the story of Casanova.

I think I’m going to love this one like I did the first season.