Attack on Titan / Shingeki no Kyojin

Is this a genderswapped pic; is giving moeblob-ified female characters a (crudely drawn) dude’s torso a “thing now”; can the artist just not draw torsos?

IMO this pic doesn’t capture her simple-minded nature and over-the-top food obsession as well as the show does as her mouth is hidden from view and her face is so abstracted that the emotion just isn’t as present. In the show, her eyes grew wide and “lit up” when she talked about food. They made her look ecstatic and bat-excrement crazy at the same time. In this picture, she simply has very large eyes. Ain’t the same thing.

Score one for detailed art because the highly-detailed art of Titan captured her essence more than did this moeblob. Awww yeah.

Okay, maybe I would have been less harsh on it if it had been the meat that she stole from the officers’ storeroom in lieu of that piece of abstracted bread. If so, it would only have been because I would have been less objective because I would have been snickering at it :smiley:

A new chapter in the manga is available to read.

So this show is f***ing awesome isn’t it?

:slight_smile: I am very behind on a lot of things! Yes, I usually write as I watch.

but, its not a potato. :frowning:

Yea, someone took it there… lol :stuck_out_tongue:

http://s1050.photobucket.com/user/onewaydevil/media/1001303_548837031822268_446295484_n_zpsff2a246c.jpg.htmlhttp://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s418/onewaydevil/1001303_548837031822268_446295484_n_zpsff2a246c.jpg

that would be so much better if those were Strickland tanks he had for gas and he had Boomhauer for backup.

shouldn’t Cotton be like a 3m class titan?

maybe throw some Cowboys logos up around the wall?

so much more could have been done with that crossover, it is sad. :frowning:

i mean Bill needs a beer to wash down anyone he eats and Dale would be too paranoid even to BE a titan!

i await the crossover with the teletubbies. they don’t eat you, they jsut make you watch their stomachs for hours a day.

I’m confused as to why Hank Hill would be trying to kill his drinking buddies with a grill tool?

+1 on the “gas tanks shoulda been Strickland propane”. Strickland is “God’s gas” after all :wink:

If Dale were a Titan he would be right in thinking that the Government is out to get him though lol.

The “attack on hill” title doesn’t seem to make sense when compared to “attack on titan”…?

I’m pretty sure in spoof drawings any and everything is possible such as Hank killing his drinking buddies as well as his son Bobby(upper right corner peeking up) for those of you who missed his presence in the picture. Although they don’t say Strickland they do say propane on the tanks. Attack on Hill doesn’t make sense?? :huh: Please enlighten us on what would make sense Cel. (King Of The Hill) mashed with (Attack On Titan.)
Go.

Well there is Strickland Propane, and then there is the other stuff. We don’t trust the other stuff 'round here! :wink:

Attack on Arlen? with bobby as a titan that is the only “hill” that is being “attacked” in the same sense as “Attack on Titan”. of course the translation of the name is wrong when the most logical is said to be “Advancing Giants”…

it is all good and funny, just there is a LOT more expected from the residents of Arlen it seems. I dont even like King of the Hill either! :laugh:

mashup name would have to be what is invading since we have Bill, Dale, and Bobby attacking, then some word that identifies them would be proper to add after “attack on” to fit the naming convention.

NOW, if Hank, Peggy, Luanne, Cotton, and Bobby were attacking and Bill, Dale, Boomhauer were the Garrison unit swinging in on 3D gear, “Attack on Hill” would be perfect since it was the Garrison unit of “Arlen” attacking the “hill” clan, or roughly in translation… the “hill giants”. :woohoo:

just i feel with as rich as King of the Hill has in the way of developed features, so much more could have been done with it. still funny to someone that doesn’t like the show though!

right but the title king of the hill doesn’t necessarily mean the “hill family” thus the title singular and not plural. besides the title itself “attack on” would’ve only made sense using hill. attack on king wouldn’t have seemed right either. and in all honestly i just want to speak freely and ask why the fuck does it matter? i mean i know i asked but to me and a shit load of others the chosen title makes all the sense in the world regardless of which characters were portrayed as long as they were from the show king of the hill.

i guess in part the name “attack on titan” just doesn’t work either when you consider the series itself.

that may be it. the titan are attacking the humans, not the humans attacking the titans from what i currently know. “Advancing Giants” as translated works a LOT better. though that might jsut not have sounded good for a TV show, so that may be where i am stuck on the name since the series isnt about an attack “on titans” but an attack “FROM titans”. which is further seen when you go beyond the actual content so far presented in the anime.

i can only guess it was Funimation that decided the name, but that seems to be where the problem lies for me and 2 of Hank’s pals and bobby as character just doesn’t say much to connect it to the show except that Bill surely was not noticed the first time i saw it, i had to figure out it was Hank from the back to even tell Bill wasnt an actual titan AFTER seeing he had nipples.

its just personal preference. i think more could have been done overall and dont agree with the anime name as it is poorly translated and will show later why, or i will be proved much later why i am wrong.

like i said too, i never really liked King of the Hill, it was jsut there until Toonami came on many times and i suffered through it while waiting for DBZ or whatever or I wouldn’t know what i DO know about it.

yea i was never a fan of king of the hill either. regardless of what the real translation is (i looked it up to see what you were talking about) we have the english translation thats being used to work with. either way i got a kick out of a it.

oh yeah it is funny when you realize that is Bill not a regular Titan, then it makes sense that it is Hank on 3DM gear. i was like WTF!

maybe that is why i expected more sense the Totoro mashup with Eren standing at the bus-stop beside a 2m titan was easy to recognize, but not even Dale’s hat was visible at first.

maybe using the same image everyone else uses where Eren is standing looking at the wall and the collosal titan is staring over it would have been more noticeable but i doubt ANYONE would have been able to tell Bill wasnt jsut a big normal titan then! :laugh:

again, it is still funny.

Episode 10 –

spoiler

The other soldiers hear the cannon fire and see the smoke inside the wall. They think they may be under attack by the Titans. Some of the soldiers go to investigate and are met with that same scene of the skeletal torso protecting Armin and Mikasa. And it’s alive!

Wellman orders his soldiers to stay on high alert and orders the cannon loaded with another round. Eren awakens to find himself connected with the titan and breaks free, once again coming out of the Titan’s back. He’s just as confused as everyone else. Mikasa has to calm down Armin and tells him that Eren protected them. Eren tells his friends to move. Not only will the skeleton dissipate, but they still have to face the soldiers. Eren tells his friends about his father and the basement and his need to get there. Eren is also angry with his father and has every right to be. Mikasa has to calm him down as well.

Eren tells Armin and Mikasa that he’s going back to the basement of his house. He thinks he can transform at will, so he will be safe. But as he talks, his nose begins to bleed and he isn’t doing well. I don’t think he has the strength to turn into anything at the moment. However, Eren is still determined to go and Mikasa and Armin want to go with him against his wishes.

The smoke is still clearing and the cannon is almost ready to fire again. Armin notes that no one is trying to attack them physically and estimates that they have about twenty seconds before the cannon will be ready to fire again. Armin considers himself a coward and thinks that Mikasa and Eren were the ones to save him every time he needed saving. He doesn’t think himself their equal and isn’t sure how he even decided to go with them. But now Eren is looking to Armin to convince the Garrison that he isn’t a threat and if he can’t, Eren will go. This is a tough decision for Armin!

The cannon is aimed at them as Eren tells Armin how much he and Mikasa value him. Armin finally realizes his worth and that he isn’t a coward after all. Armin decides to stand up for his friend and goes to talk to the soldiers. He disarms and comes out of the smoke before Wellman, who is ready to kill him for being a monster. Armin tries to talk to Wellman, but again, there is no proof to satisfy Wellman. Armin changes tactics and speaks of Eren’s earlier fight with the Titans and how even they consider him an enemy.

The surrounding soldiers begin to whisper amongst themselves, believing that they could have a Titan as an ally. However, that scared idiot Wellman is still in charge and orders his men to prepare to attack. Wellman declares that they are being deceived and the tide goes against Armin. He almost had them too! He looks back at Eren and Mikasa and Eren nods at him. He still has faith in him. Armin faces the soldiers again and placing his arm across his chest, he yells at them. He tells them that by using Eren and his powers, they can save themselves and take back the town. His words seem to have struck a nerve, but Wellman won’t allow anyone to go against the rules. Therefore, these traitors must be eliminated.

Wellman raises his arm for the cannon to fire, but he is stopped by Commander Pixis! Wow, he arrived just in time! Pixis takes over and is willing to listen. A relieved Armin just falls to his knees. Pixis takes the three friends up to the wall and Wellman just can’t figure out what he’s up to. Eren has told Pixis everything and also tells him of the need to get to the basement of his house. Thankfully, Pixis believes Eren and will guarantee his safety. Pixis seems to value truth.

Pixis then questions Armin on how to take back the city. Armin believes that if Eren can turn into a Titan, he can use a boulder to seal the hole in the gate. He really didn’t have time to think of anything else, but believes that Eren can help them in their fight against the Titans. Pixis then asks Eren if he can seal the hole and Eren honestly tells him that he isn’t sure. He says that he doesn’t know much more than anyone else about his power and what he can and can’t do. Then Pixis asks Eren if he will do it and of course Eren says that he will. Even if he can or can’t seal the hole, he will try! I am so happy that Pixis showed up when he did! At least he’s giving Eren a chance.

A new chapter in the manga is ready to read. And the story continues!!!

http://s1050.photobucket.com/user/onewaydevil/media/tumblr_mo0hatCwCQ1rlyocwo1_500_zpsdf864268.jpg.htmlhttp://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s418/onewaydevil/tumblr_mo0hatCwCQ1rlyocwo1_500_zpsdf864268.jpg

Episode 11 –

spoiler

The plan is made to seal the hole in the gate and to re-take Trost, but the soldiers are beginning to revolt. They want to return to their families. They say the wall will fall and they will all die. Rather than go on a suicidal mission, they would abandon it.

From atop the wall, Pixis address his troops. He introduces Eren and tells them that he is the result of a top secret project to turn humans into Titans. The plan is to have Eren, as a Titan, seal the hole with a boulder while the soldiers protect him. Armin helped to come up the plan, but even he has some doubts that Eren can pull it off. Sadly, the soldiers don’t believe Pixis and think they are being sent out to die. Even with the threat of death, they begin to desert, choosing to be with their families in humanity’s last hours.

Pixis tells the deserters that he shall pardon them, however, it is their families that shall feel the wrath of the Titans. Pixis continues to talk sense into his troops and until they realize that by staying and fighting, they can protect their loved ones. Eren doesn’t know if he can do the job, but is determined to become a symbol of hope for these people.

Three men are chosen to protect Eren on his mission, but they don’t know him and are unsure of his abilities. Pixis has to knock some sense into them as well. Eren is their only option. Of the three, Ian is put in charge of the mission. Eren speaks with Mikasa and Armin before leaving. Armin apologizes for putting the entire plan on Eren and Mikasa really wants to go with him, but has been assigned to the decoy team. At the last minute, Mikasa is assigned to the team by Ian.

Riko reminds Eren that many will die for him and he can’t let their deaths be meaningless. He tells Eren that even he must be prepared to die and Eren agrees. Eren promises himself that he will find a way to make things work and remembers the speech that Pixis gave his troops. When they reach their position, Riko fires off a green flare, indicating the start of the mission.

Eren reaches the boulder and becomes a Titan. However, instead of picking up the boulder, he turns towards Mikasa instead. And attacks her! Was he so annoyed with her earlier? What would make him do this? Or is he uncontrollable after all? This show really makes my heart pound!

I had issue with that part in Episode 11 as his sudden change in behavior and ability, compared to the previous times that he did his transformation, has yet to be adequately explained. It’s not show-breaking IMO but it did feel like “convenium” to protract that mission.

“With great power comes great responsibility”, but no manual to read to understand it. :wink:

This here is what we call a cliffhanger.

It’s explained in the manga and the anime has been doing a great job at following the story arc so I’m sure those issues will be understood soon enough.