Bad or Really Odd Anime Theme Songs

So what do you think are the oddest or just plain bad OP theme songs for a Anime series.

One of the oddest ones I know is

Cause if it’s not Anime what the heck is it?

There is another series I am thinking of the OP makes it look all bright and shiny ,but the anime is a dark mindf**k. Just can not remember the name of it.

was it this? red garden’s op is very different from what the show was…
looks like some “sex in the city” intro…

yoka

[quote=YokaChiNoki]

yoka[/quote]

Nope not.

this one doesn’t seem to fit for me.

Slick

I agree with Yoka, that’s EXACTLY what I thought of that OP when I first saw it.

[quote=YokaChiNoki]

yoka[/quote]

There’s a difference between an intentional dichotomy such as Red Garden (or another famous series where the theme music played against the series itself-Hill Street Blues) and a show where the music director (or the music selection committee) just blew it big-time. I can’t think of any anime series where I’ve seen that, however… well, maybe Babel II!

[quote=psychopuppet]
There is another series I am thinking of the OP makes it look all bright and shiny ,but the anime is a dark mindf**k. Just can not remember the name of it.[/quote]

Was it Paranoia Agent?

Ok, I read your statement wrong. I was looking for OP songs that didn’t seem to match the series.
Slick

I actually love paranoia Agent’s Opening. IMO it made as much sense as the series did… Absolutely non, which i think fit it perfectly.

Divergence Eve? I know the end credits is very different.

[quote=psychopuppet]
There is another series I am thinking of the OP makes it look all bright and shiny ,but the anime is a dark mindf**k. Just can not remember the name of it.[/quote]

I know, you’re thinking of this:

Divergence Eve: Misaki Chronicles

Or maybe the ending to the first season:

Exactly, they do not match the series at all, unless you think of it at a different angle,

The openings and endings are the worlds she tries to create once she has some control over time itself.

Souten Kouro is a good example of a bad use of a perfectly good song… The opening version decides to use the intro portion of the song, which sounds horrible on its own and a perfectly good song should happen right where the opening stops.

Compare it with the full song (the “theme song portion” ends at around 42 seconds in)

Really, whose bright idea was it to use the worst part of the song for the opening animation?

Are you kidding? That’s fits perfectly with the intro they used. If you pay close attention, the musical effects, like the drum beats and cymbals synch up with the visuals. Don’t know much about the show other than it’s based on China’s 3 kingdoms era, so not sure the angle their taking it, but from the intro, it seems their going for a more manly i.e. GAR approach. Like Lengends of Dark King or Golgo 13 just upped a notch.

Either way…

Sentai…
Must…
Get…

I wont pick one out, but most that come from the shows I’ve seen are nowhere near my music genre so I just tune them out.

[quote=Tonka]
Are you kidding? That’s fits perfectly with the intro they used. If you pay close attention, the musical effects, like the drum beats and cymbals synch up with the visuals. Don’t know much about the show other than it’s based on China’s 3 kingdoms era, so not sure the angle their taking it, but from the intro, it seems their going for a more manly i.e. GAR approach. Like Legends of Dark King or Golgo 13 just upped a notch.

Either way…

Sentai…
Must…
Get…[/quote]

It may fit, but it’s still a bad portion of the song that’s used, and therefore it still fits in this topic.

The show itself is really cool, including a young Cao Cao engaging in an epic verbal (read: Confucious-style sayings) battle, but the opening itself just feels out of place.

One of the most odd and out of place ED’s I can think of is from Elfen Lied:

How the hell do you get something this cheery from Elfen Lied? LOL

I think he’s talking about the Narutaru opening…