Best OP/ED thread

here are a couple of my favorites. Please, if you post em, label what shows they are from

Lodoss Wars TV end theme number 2

Gunslinger Girl II - il teatrino ED

If you need me to tell you what this is, then you fail

First Season of Haruhi

Boogiepop Phantom

Rucky St@r

2 Likes

Basilisk OP

Basilisk ED

1 Like

Well Youtube is broke at the moment.

I have some good openings and endings. These are really great songs, great visuals, and/or very unique. I just love these ops and eds.

Master Keaton - Opening Theme

[link broken]

Truly an original opening in every way. The song is very different, but with a great European (Scottish bagpipes anyone?) feel to it all. I like the music and I like the way everything looks, with Keaton and his daughter and father. It really sums up the show quite well.

Now and Then, Here and There - Opening Theme

It’s terrible, terrible quality (please someone upload the opening!) but I think you get the picture. This is just perfect. A perfect song, an interesting way to show all the characetrs, and the music really fits the show. Some say it’s a little upbeat for the content, but I think it fits quite well. It’s not a happy song at all, it’s more like a stressful and mystical song. Fits the show perfectly. Just because the song is fast doesn’t mean it’s happy.

Now and Then, Here and There - Ending Theme

One of the best ending themes ever. It’s perfect for calming down the viewer after seeing some serious stuff. The show can be dark, cruel, disturbing and hard to watch. But you always know this ending song is waiting for you. And that proves how powerful it is. Just music can do so much. The still frames from Shu’s life in Japan are a perfect contrast to what he’s going through. Brilliant.

Shadow Star Narutaru - Opening

[link broken]

Talk about misleading opening. The animators are evil, evil people. It’s almost like they wanted children to watch this disturbing (yet amazingly brilliant) show ;). It’s really such a cute song, that later just becomes more distubring then anything. I lvoe the childish look to it all, with the paper cutouts and everything. A lot fo work went into the opening. Also they spoiled the entire show in the opening WITHOUT anyone noticing. That takes some genius right there.

When They Cry - Opening

[link broken]

The opening is just so weird, so alien, and really gives you no idea what to expect from the show. Another interesting way to start us off…for some brutal things.

Maze - Ending theme

[link broken]

Perhaps the best ending theme ever made. No perhaps the best song ever made. This is just amazing. “Don’t touch Junk Boy…Lonely Boy!”

Ahhh… memories!

AstroBoy

1 Like

I can never get this Gigantor song out of my head!

1 Like

Uhhhh, memories!

Clannad

1 Like

I love Mirage of Blaze. Though you had to have a score card to keep track of who was who, and who had been who, and who was or had been in love with who… IT’s was quite complicated at times.

I’d like to post some of my favorite OPs and EPs. How do I do it?

The Angelic Layer ED 1 was and is awesome. What a faux Ayumi Hamasaki though - so many people confused the singer for Ayumi. :wink:

The easiest way is to look it up on YouTube, then copy and paste the URL here.

All from Vandread

1 Like

Yes, but still a great show! And you beat me to Elfen Lied! :lol:
And I was waiting for you to post DoD!

And of course, my favorite anime end theme of all time:

Every time I hear these, I immediately want to rewatch this. And it’s about due for one, as I try to watch it at least once a year. Perhaps after I finish Maburaho and FMP.

dragonrider cody : The opening to Descendants of Darkness was great! But the ending theme is a little disapointing. I wrote a review on the series for those who are interested.

Yeah, I’ve got to agree with you there. I especially hate how they were cheap and just used art work from the manga.

Yeah that always felt like a cop-out to me. They did such a nice job on the opening too (cool CGI btw, and it was a very original opening). But yeah I don’t think this had a huge budget, so I sort of understand why…but it’s still a shame.

Chance Pop Session