AN Forums

Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition

Another podcast with Trent Oster

[size=6]# 27 AFK Podcast “Beam Dog”[/size]

If you have any questions for the dev team, this would be your chance!

[quote][size=5]We’ll be doing an AMAA on Reddit this Wednesday, August 29th starting around 1:30-2pm MST (GMT -6)![/size]

Nathan
August 27 in General

Hey all,

we’ve had a few people express to us that they were interested in having a Q&A session with the BG:EE team! So, we decided the best place to do this Q&A would be on reddit this upcoming Wednesday!

For those not familiar, a Reddit AMA (Ask Me Anything) is a kind of open-forum interview. You can see an example of what it’s all about here: http://www.reddit.com/r/iama
We’ll be available from the start time until the end of our work day, so, probably at least 4+ hours.

Taking part will be everyone present in the office - myself, Trent Oster, our designers, our artists, our writers and our programmers. We’ll make a formal introduction on the day of for you to read and find out exactly who we all are.

For necessary reasons it has to be an “AMAA” - Ask [us] ALMOST Anything - as even though we’re willing to answer pretty much anything there will be some contractual-related questions we may not be able to answer depending on what people want to know.

If you have questions for the team, now’s your chance to be heard and answered as best we can. =)

Help us get the word out - chances are the time will be too tight for us to do another session like this before the game is released. We’re looking forward to hearing from you! =)

-Nathan (and Team Overhaul!) [/quote]

[size=6]Overhaul AMAA is LIVE![/size]

So, it looks like they’re going to continue with the AMAA tomorrow.

[quote]Okay, so, here’s the deal. We got totally Obama’d. It’s cool though - we are seriously going to write his administration and demand a case of White House beer as reparation for his faux pas.

The AMA is going to be ongoing for tomorrow - if you have questions, post it in the AMA. @TrentOster is still answering, and so will I from home this evening as late as we can. In addition, once we’re all in tomorrow we’ll keep answering so long as we get questions.

Thank you so much, all of you, for your support of us and for your interest. We really want to do right for the community who loves this game, and for who this game is sacrosanct. You guys rule.[/quote]

Woot!
Looks like we’re getting [b]2[/B] new adventures, instead of just one!

[QUOTE][B]OverhaulNathan[/B]:
New content! we’re adding 3 new NPC’s, a new class kit, and two new adventures - one of which has been announced, the Black Pits, a stand-alone sort of arena adventure and another which Trent has referred to as Adventure Y. More info to come later on that. New voice acting and music to go along with the new areas.[/QUOTE]

Since a lot of people have been very whiny and vocal about bringing PvP into the game, Trent decided to comment on it.

[quote=TrentOster]4:34PM

PvP is not currently in our near-term plans. We looked into it and the amount of hardcoding in the engine is shocking.

-Trent [/quote]

One of the new VAs has been announced.

[quote=TrentOster]We’ve announced Mark Meer is one of the voice Actors we’ve used for new characters and new sound sets.

-Trent [/quote]

New screen with the new UI!
And more to come.

[QUOTE=PhillipDaigle]Hi friends.

We got approvals for 11 more screenshots today. Here’s one.

The clock in the lower left is being worked on as we speak, with fancy new animated graphics. Look for more screenshots soon, perhaps somewhere on the internet.[/QUOTE]

New portrait pic!

[quote=PhillipDaigle]Hello!

Some new portraits came out of the approval system. Here’s one by Jason Manley, artist to the stars.

As mentioned earlier, all of the new Jason Manley portraits will be available for free in the BG:EE for PC and Mac, and will be a DLC item for iPad and Android to make up for the lower price.[/quote]

Here’s the other new portrait pic that’s been floating around since the AMAA.

[size=6]WooHoo![/size]

I just put my pre-order in before the sale ends on the 18th.

[size=6]MAN I CAN’T WAIT FOR THIS![/size]

More screens!

[size=6]Screenshots from Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition[/size]

[quote=PhillipDaigle]
[size=5]Introducing: The Candlekeep Library[/size]

1:17PM in General

Godlings, I have come to give you an important message: The realm of http://www.baldursgate.com has been updated to include a section known as The Candlekeep Library, which will be where major public announcements are made. Not unlike the official blog of yore.

Today it opens with an extra fancy treat: 9 new screenshots from Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition. Later this week some other cool things will appear, such as a series of vignettes written by our very own Dave Gross. And perhaps something for your earballs. [/quote]

WooHoo!

Twitter / TrentOster: @selectstartdrew pre-sales …

[QUOTE][B]Trent[/B] Oster‏@TrentOster

pre-sales just passed my target.[/QUOTE]

This may actually be awesome since Trent gives his blessings on it.
I usually play a Thief too, so double score!

[quote=TrentOster]Just heard the rough thief voice set. The actor totally hit the role. I think I have my new favorite voice set.

-Trent [/quote]

I’m a sad panda.
But I guess it might be even more awesome now.

[quote=TrentOster]Dear Friends of Baldur’s Gate,

When we first announced Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, You set fire to our servers and we were overwhelmed by the huge wave of support from the fans of the original game.

Once the fires had subsided, thousands of you posted suggestions and requests on our forums. Dozens of volunteers from all over the world helped us improve game play, squash bugs, and generally fine-tune the game. Even more came to help work on translations from English to more than 16 other languages.

Executing on our plan to make the best Baldur’s Gate possible and responding to that overwhelming feedback, we’ve added new characters, areas, and story, creating many new hours of game play. Yet the suggestions, fixes, and translations continue, and more volunteers keep joining.

After recently reviewing the game and then consulting with our partners, we’ve decided to ensure that Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition is the best possible product on launch. Thus, we have pushed back the release date of the game. Our release date is now November 30th, 2012.

To all who have pre-ordered, we ask for your patience as we move toward our final release date – and we will be working on something a little extra for you. To all who have volunteered, we thank you for your dedication and support.

-Trent
Trent Oster
President, Overhaul Games[/quote]

[B][SIZE=“6”]In-Depth: Rasaad yn Bashir + Audio Samples[/SIZE][/B]

[QUOTE=PhillipDaigle]
Hi friends. Despite the disappointing news of the release pushback, we have some neat stuff for you. Our talented Dave Gross has written the first chapter in a series of vignettes about our new characters, and it’s now available.

In addition, there’s a sample of Mark Meer as Rasaad yn Bashir after the story. Enjoy![/QUOTE]

[B][SIZE=“6”]In-Depth: Neera the Wild Mage + Audio Samples[/SIZE][/B]

[QUOTE=PhillipDaigle]

[B][SIZE=“4”]The Candlekeep Library: Neera the Wild Mage[/SIZE][/B]

Hi folks. Our latest addition to the Candlekeep Library is an a story by Dave Gross (With some input from me, as he keeps claiming) about Neera the Wild Mage, along with a sample of her voice acting by actress Nicola Elbro.

I wish we could show more of the hell hounds conversation, because it’s pretty hilarious. [/QUOTE]

Also, incase anyone was wondering, these posted stories will not be included in the manual.

[B][SIZE=“6”]In-Depth: Dorn Il-Khan + Audio Samples[/SIZE][/B]

[QUOTE=PhillipDaigle]

[B][SIZE=“4”]The Candlekeep Library: Dorn Il-Khan[/SIZE][/B]

Hello friends. Today we have a story about Dorn Il-Khan, written by Dave Gross. In addition, there’s a VO sample of Gord Marriot as Dorn Il-Khan. Enjoy!

I’m curious to know if anyone has found the easter eggs I planted in all three posts so far. [/QUOTE]

Looks like we’re going to get a trailer soon!

https://twitter.com/daigledopple/status/263777449840619521

[QUOTE][B]Phillip Daigle‏[/B]

i’m including an easter egg in the upcoming #bgee trailer, see if you can find it. or dont. im not your dad.[/QUOTE]