Bandai Visual News (Bandai Entertainment)

###Bandai to Sell Transforming Kanji Creature Toys in May
posted on 2010-04-28 14:37 EDT
Chohenkan!! Moji-Bake-ru transforms from Japanese characters into animals

Ha! I’d buy one for the idea of it. “Here, chew this.” How much are they gonna cost?

Would like to get the Tiger one.

Those look pretty cool. I want one!

Ohhh, to bad it’s only for Japan. nuts to that.

Not sure they are allowed to sell toys with candy or gum here anymore.

Really? Why’s that?

[size=16]Bandai Entertainment to Close its Online Store in December[/size]
posted on 2011-11-23 15:46 EST
Company holds online sale until store closes on December 29

[size=16]PR: Bandai Entertainment’s E-Commerce Website “The Store” To Close On December 29th; Online Sale Begins Today[/size]
Nov 23rd 2011

Guess that explains why Puella Magi Madoka Magica was not offered thru them.

Can’t really say I’m surprised.

[quote=psychopuppet]
Guess that explains why Puella Magi Madoka Magica was not offered thru them.

Can’t really say I’m surprised.[/quote]

Considering the price differentials between the Bandai Store and TRSI on most of the stuff, I can’t really say I’m too surprised by this either.

I actually kind of thought it was going to happen last year.

Well That explains a lot to me. I see Some anime movies on blue-ray already. I didnt even know they had planned to do that. Wave of the future i guess. Lol

[size=16]Bandai Entertainment to Stop Releasing New DVDs, BDs, Manga[/size]
posted on 2012-01-02 10:00 EST
N. American firm to still offer existing releases, shift focus to licensing in February

And another one falls…

I was looking forward to Nichijou too.
I hope someone actually gets that license.

Oh, Joy.

To quote Queen, “Another one bites the dust…”

Mark Gosdin

so… they’re going to continue to license anime, but they’re licensing it to other companies?

:blink:

[quote=Hornet65]
so… they’re going to continue to license anime, but they’re licensing it to other companies?

:blink:[/quote]

Makes sense to me. I believe all the stuff that is popular and needs a dub will go to Funimation. All of the older stuff that can be released sub-online will probably find a home with Sentai.

DAMMIT. There are so many things from Bandai that I still want to get. Bandai has been my favorite anime company for a while, and now this happens :frowning:

[quote=blakdragon7]

[quote=Hornet65]

:blink:[/quote]

Makes sense to me. I believe all the stuff that is popular and needs a dub will go to Funimation. All of the older stuff that can be released sub-online will probably find a home with Sentai.[/quote]

Well they do still have something of a “Back Door” to Gundam and some other Bandai affiliated titles.

Since this is not a closing of the doors situation. It makes sense for them to act as some kind of an intermediary for those properties and others where they already have licenses in hand.

I would expect that most of what they have licenses for will end up parceled out to the various other Anime & Manga houses.

The question is, how long will this take?

Hopefully Bandai is properly prepared for this and has already started work marketing their license catalog.

Mark Gosdin

Well there goes Turn A Gundam . Least I guess I will get to finish Gundam 0079 bilingual release.

Sad to see them go. I guess this also means I need to go ahead and order the Haruhi movie sooner rather then later. I have most of the released Gundam series I care about but was really hoping for the other older series. With Bandai gone.

Sends off R2 unit with msg to Texas “Help me Sentai Filmworks you are my only hope to get the rest of the Gundam series licensed.”

I was suspicious over the last few years about Sunrise titles going to other companies so had a feeling this was coming sooner rather then later.

Really after Bandai Visual USA’s failure you got the feeling the Japanese side was like “Stupid Americans not wanting to pay our prices for our Animation! We will run Bandai Entertainment into the ground that will show them!”

Guess I need to pick up a few shows next time I see the chance. Have a feeling even though they say they will keep stuff in print it won’t be large runs if they do. Looks like I know where my Christmas money is going. Wonder if this also explains why all of the Feb releases were put in the weekly specials when they got released.

While it’s sad to see another R1 bite the dust(so to speak), can’t say I’m surprised by this. We all got a little prophetic inkling on it when Eric Sherman was on ANN and said something along the lines of this, regarding Haruhi. You can say he was being Chicken Little and crying…

“The sky is falling…the sky is falling…!”

But I liked to think he had a little inside source about it since BZ has done a good chunk of dubs for Bandai that he’d would have made close friends with some of the Bandai staff.

I guess this time the sky did fall…

Here is a loving tribute to them.