AN Forums

Blog Archive: 2009-2014

So I assume that the “subtitled” run of Golgo 13 are Ep. 1-26 and not a case à la Super Gals! where Part I is dubbed but Part II is subbed. Oh well, just like Glass Mask, I’ll keep my fingers crossed for the release of the sequel.

I too was getting tired of the G13 formula about a third of the way in. I think it was the “shoot the violin cord” episode that made me take a break of the series. I eventually came back later and was pleased with the rest of the series. Don’t get me wrong, it’s still a formulatic show and I don’t expect “mission failed” moments or any kind of character developpment outside of the “always PO’d face” but, much like the old Columbo movies (how’s that for a reference? :wink: ) the show is not about “Will he succeed?” but more about “Which way will he kill the poor b–tard?”

If kept few and far between, I find the over-the-top kills hilarious. Take the next-to-last episode :Golgo got under a heavily armored truck that was running full speed at him and remembered the blueprint so he could find the only vulnerable point under the vehicule and the bullet that was shot had a perfectly perpendicular trajectory line that ran up the spinal cord of the victim right up to the brain. How freakin’ ridiculous is that?

[quote=Sensei_Terry_Silver]
So I assume that the “subtitled” run of Golgo 13 are Ep. 1-26 and not a case à la Super Gals! where Part I is dubbed but Part II is subbed. Oh well, just like Glass Mask, I’ll keep my fingers crossed for the release of the sequel.

I too was getting tired of the G13 formula about a third of the way in. I think it was the “shoot the violin cord” episode that made me take a break of the series. I eventually came back later and was pleased with the rest of the series. Don’t get me wrong, it’s still a formulatic show and I don’t expect “mission failed” moments or any kind of character developpment outside of the “always PO’d face” but, much like the old Columbo movies (how’s that for a reference? :wink: ) the show is not about “Will he succeed?” but more about “Which way will he kill the poor b–tard?”

If kept few and far between, I find the over-the-top kills hilarious. Take the next-to-last episode :Golgo got under a heavily armored truck that was running full speed at him and remembered the blueprint so he could find the only vulnerable point under the vehicule and the bullet that was shot had a perfectly perpendicular trajectory line that ran up the spinal cord of the victim right up to the brain. How freakin’ ridiculous is that? [/quote]

Jedi knight freakin’ ridiculous, Terry.

[quote=Newshawk]

[quote=LordGeo]
Still, I fully do recommend that people watch Golgo 13 TV… Maybe we can get those other episodes afterall if people are interested enough.[/quote]

Count me out on this one, LordGeo. I stopped watching G13 about a third of the way in. When the writers started ignoring simple physics and geometry to force the outcome they wanted I gave up on it. Even though it is anime, I still expect bullets to follow the laws of ballistics, for example. I’d much rather watch Canaan or Gunslinger Girls than Golgo 13.[/quote]

So I take it you didn’t like Highschool of the Dead?

[quote=ZakuAce]

[quote=Newshawk]

[quote=LordGeo]
Still, I fully do recommend that people watch Golgo 13 TV… Maybe we can get those other episodes afterall if people are interested enough.[/quote]

Count me out on this one, LordGeo. I stopped watching G13 about a third of the way in. When the writers started ignoring simple physics and geometry to force the outcome they wanted I gave up on it. Even though it is anime, I still expect bullets to follow the laws of ballistics, for example. I’d much rather watch Canaan or Gunslinger Girls than Golgo 13.[/quote]

So I take it you didn’t like Highschool of the Dead?[/quote]

No comparison at all, Zaku. None at all, unless you’re saying Golgo started fighting zombies in the second half of his series. In fact, in the weapons department, H.O.T.D. cleaned G13’s clock. The only flaw I saw in the entire series was the one scene where Hirano (IIRC) cut down a too-wide swath of zombies with one blast from his shotgun. Otherwise, I would have to call H.O.T.D. spot on in its depiction of weaponry.

[quote=Newshawk]
In the weapons department, H.O.T.D. cleaned G13’s clock. The only flaw I saw in the entire series was the one scene where Hirano (IIRC) cut down a too-wide swath of zombies with one blast from his shotgun. Otherwise, I would have to call H.O.T.D. spot on in its depiction of weaponry.[/quote]

There’s a lot of info about the firearms in the IMFDB page for H.O.T.D.

About 3/4ths the way down, under M1A, is this caption: “Takashi sniping the zombies. Nice bipod, man!”

-Joe

Xam’d and Golgo 13: Now Available with Subtitles

Link to the blog.

**ZOMG SUBTITLES HOOOOOLLLLLLYYYYY **! OH MAN I CANT WAIT GET OUTTA MY WAY SUBTITLES HHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG!!!

Originally posted: January 5, 2011 @ 5:41pm

Puuuuusssshhhh!

Koihime Muso Hits AN Online

Link to the blog.

Koihime Muso now available to watch. In other news, Rai forgot to make this thread during work. He was fired >.>

Originally posted: January 7, 2011 @ 12:28am

More AN Anime Now Available on Hulu and AN iPhone App Update

Link to the blog.

Hulus and iPhones updates. Now you can watch DAT ANIME on even more…things!

Originally posted: January 13, 2011 @ 5:45pm

Movin’ on Down: New Premium Shows Now Available for Registered Users

Link to the blog.

Hey guys, we’ve taken a couple of things down a notch on AN Online, to Registered user tier. Hope you dig the new shows and flicks!

Originally posted: January 3, 2011 @ 5:11pm

I am a subscriber and I can’t watch any of the new shows on my iphone

Babel 2,bast ofsyndrome, black lion, demon lord Dante, el hazzard:the wanders
Get backers, Gilgamesh, Lina, cosmo warrior zero, kooks seven, lost universe,
Mezzo, new fist of the north star, parasite dolls, saigaki, soul hunter, rune soldier,
Rahxephon, prefectural earth defense, orphan, orphan:revenge, mythical detective
Loki, legend of crystania ova. I can’t get these shows. The motion pictures
Lady death, Rahxephon, sin I can get vedio picture but the sound is in slowmo

dorkman -

Please post in http://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,65/catid,5/func,view/id,62294/ about your issues, and remember to include the following information:

1. What kind of device: iPad, iPhone, iTouch,
  2. Version of device: iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4,
  3. iOS Version: 4.0, 4.1, 4.2,
  4. Connection type: 3G, WiFi,
  5. Are you using the App or Safari?
  6. Name of show and episode number,
  7. Any other facts about your situation.

First of all, this refers to Anime Network Online Player, not the app for iPhone, iPad or any of those.

Dorkman, are you referring to the iPhone on all of those?

If so, please go http://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,65/catid,5/func,view/id,62294/limit,10/limitstart,60/#72651 and read up on the i-related things.

Post again if I can be of anymore help.

Yes. I have an iPhone 3GS and I use wifi. I also use safari when I watch
My anime. I Goto watch online category and I’ve finally watched almost all
Shows listed until u put up the new ones

Bengal i use the iPhone 3GS , with wifi and I listed all the new shows Animenetwork
Has posted. I am a subscriber and I still can’t watch the new shows. It’s like
When I Goto view them I’m being treated like just a registered person . I also use safari
When I view so what’s going on. I can still watch all episodes of the old shows just not the new ones

If you cannot click on an episode’s thumbnail, that means that the episode is not currently available for viewing on an iOS device. Most of the shows are available to watch on an iOS device, but there are some episodes that have not been released or are not available on the mobile platform at present.

Please follow up in the http://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,65/catid,5/func,view/id,62294/limit,10/limitstart,60/#73035 Thread.

Hurray for freebies!

Inifinite Stratos to begin FREE simulcast only on AN Online

Link to the blog.

NEW simulcast announced today. Check out how you’ll be able to watch it on the blog!

Originally posted: January 19, 2011 @ 4:29pm

Anime Network Announces February Shows for Online & VOD

Link to the blog/

New shows announced for February. Special note: chicks usually DON’T enjoy a kick to the face for Valentine’s. Fair warning!

Originally posted: January 25, 2011 @ 5:51pm