Blog Archive: 2009-2014

Finish the year off with a Bang: Golgo 13 Finale

Link to the blog.

BANG! Last Thursday Update of the year! Don’t forget to watch the Golgo 13 finale before the year is over! Hint: DO IT NOW

Originally posted: December 30, 2010 @ 3:21pm

1 Like

Not to be rude, but Golgo 13 TV is 50 episodes long, so it would be more appropriate to say “Season Finale” rather than simply “Finale”.

If Sentai, and by extension TAN, doesn’t have the second half then that’s understandable but calling the half-way point the “Finale” and acting like there aren’t another 24 episodes that are unaccounted for seems a little like lying to me.

Still, I fully do recommend that people watch Golgo 13 TV… Maybe we can get those other episodes afterall if people are interested enough.

1 Like

[RANT] Since there is only one “season” on TAN as you say, then calling it a “finale” is perfectly within reason. Just like if you were watching a show on TV, and their season finale was airing, you could simply call it the finale and still convey the same meaning.
Not once did I see the use of the term “series finale” and to be fair, I did not see the use of the term “season finale” either. If someone doesn’t know there are 50 episodes total, they probably don’t care. Since 26 episodes is all that Sentai has released, then it’s the end of the current run of episodes, thus the term “finale” all on it’s own is perfectly within reason to use… and that’s all I have to say about that. [/RANT]

[quote=Hornet65]
Since 26 episodes is all that Sentai has released, then it’s the end of the current run of episodes, thus the term “finale” all on it’s own is perfectly within reason to use… and that’s all I have to say about that.[/quote]

Tell that to the people who want more Glass Mask… But at least for that show TAN didn’t say “Finale” and seemingly left it vague.

1 Like

While I will be very disappointed if they don’t release the rest at least subtitled I can understand like I understood why they did not release the rest of Glass Mask. What amount needs to be sold may not have been meant. Course it never helps when you see over half of the internet saying “It’s not my thing so I won’t even give it a chance ,but good for the people that want it. Though in reality I’m helping sign this things death warrant.” :wink:

There is a long long rant I could go into ,but I’d probably insult most current Anime fans so I’ll just stop while at the same time hoping they have and will release the rest.

[quote=LordGeo]
Still, I fully do recommend that people watch Golgo 13 TV… Maybe we can get those other episodes afterall if people are interested enough.[/quote]

Count me out on this one, LordGeo. I stopped watching G13 about a third of the way in. When the writers started ignoring simple physics and geometry to force the outcome they wanted I gave up on it. Even though it is anime, I still expect bullets to follow the laws of ballistics, for example. I’d much rather watch Canaan or Gunslinger Girls than Golgo 13.

1 Like

So I assume that the “subtitled” run of Golgo 13 are Ep. 1-26 and not a case à la Super Gals! where Part I is dubbed but Part II is subbed. Oh well, just like Glass Mask, I’ll keep my fingers crossed for the release of the sequel.

I too was getting tired of the G13 formula about a third of the way in. I think it was the “shoot the violin cord” episode that made me take a break of the series. I eventually came back later and was pleased with the rest of the series. Don’t get me wrong, it’s still a formulatic show and I don’t expect “mission failed” moments or any kind of character developpment outside of the “always PO’d face” but, much like the old Columbo movies (how’s that for a reference? :wink: ) the show is not about “Will he succeed?” but more about “Which way will he kill the poor b–tard?”

If kept few and far between, I find the over-the-top kills hilarious. Take the next-to-last episode :Golgo got under a heavily armored truck that was running full speed at him and remembered the blueprint so he could find the only vulnerable point under the vehicule and the bullet that was shot had a perfectly perpendicular trajectory line that ran up the spinal cord of the victim right up to the brain. How freakin’ ridiculous is that?

1 Like

[quote=Sensei_Terry_Silver]
So I assume that the “subtitled” run of Golgo 13 are Ep. 1-26 and not a case à la Super Gals! where Part I is dubbed but Part II is subbed. Oh well, just like Glass Mask, I’ll keep my fingers crossed for the release of the sequel.

I too was getting tired of the G13 formula about a third of the way in. I think it was the “shoot the violin cord” episode that made me take a break of the series. I eventually came back later and was pleased with the rest of the series. Don’t get me wrong, it’s still a formulatic show and I don’t expect “mission failed” moments or any kind of character developpment outside of the “always PO’d face” but, much like the old Columbo movies (how’s that for a reference? :wink: ) the show is not about “Will he succeed?” but more about “Which way will he kill the poor b–tard?”

If kept few and far between, I find the over-the-top kills hilarious. Take the next-to-last episode :Golgo got under a heavily armored truck that was running full speed at him and remembered the blueprint so he could find the only vulnerable point under the vehicule and the bullet that was shot had a perfectly perpendicular trajectory line that ran up the spinal cord of the victim right up to the brain. How freakin’ ridiculous is that? [/quote]

Jedi knight freakin’ ridiculous, Terry.

[quote=Newshawk]

[quote=LordGeo]
Still, I fully do recommend that people watch Golgo 13 TV… Maybe we can get those other episodes afterall if people are interested enough.[/quote]

Count me out on this one, LordGeo. I stopped watching G13 about a third of the way in. When the writers started ignoring simple physics and geometry to force the outcome they wanted I gave up on it. Even though it is anime, I still expect bullets to follow the laws of ballistics, for example. I’d much rather watch Canaan or Gunslinger Girls than Golgo 13.[/quote]

So I take it you didn’t like Highschool of the Dead?

1 Like

[quote=ZakuAce]

[quote=Newshawk]

[quote=LordGeo]

Count me out on this one, LordGeo. I stopped watching G13 about a third of the way in. When the writers started ignoring simple physics and geometry to force the outcome they wanted I gave up on it. Even though it is anime, I still expect bullets to follow the laws of ballistics, for example. I’d much rather watch Canaan or Gunslinger Girls than Golgo 13.[/quote]

So I take it you didn’t like Highschool of the Dead?[/quote]

No comparison at all, Zaku. None at all, unless you’re saying Golgo started fighting zombies in the second half of his series. In fact, in the weapons department, H.O.T.D. cleaned G13’s clock. The only flaw I saw in the entire series was the one scene where Hirano (IIRC) cut down a too-wide swath of zombies with one blast from his shotgun. Otherwise, I would have to call H.O.T.D. spot on in its depiction of weaponry.

[quote=Newshawk]
In the weapons department, H.O.T.D. cleaned G13’s clock. The only flaw I saw in the entire series was the one scene where Hirano (IIRC) cut down a too-wide swath of zombies with one blast from his shotgun. Otherwise, I would have to call H.O.T.D. spot on in its depiction of weaponry.[/quote]

There’s a lot of info about the firearms in the IMFDB page for H.O.T.D.

About 3/4ths the way down, under M1A, is this caption: “Takashi sniping the zombies. Nice bipod, man!”

-Joe

Xam’d and Golgo 13: Now Available with Subtitles

Link to the blog.

**ZOMG SUBTITLES HOOOOOLLLLLLYYYYY **! OH MAN I CANT WAIT GET OUTTA MY WAY SUBTITLES HHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG!!!

Originally posted: January 5, 2011 @ 5:41pm

1 Like

Puuuuusssshhhh!

Koihime Muso Hits AN Online

Link to the blog.

Koihime Muso now available to watch. In other news, Rai forgot to make this thread during work. He was fired >.>

Originally posted: January 7, 2011 @ 12:28am

1 Like

More AN Anime Now Available on Hulu and AN iPhone App Update

Link to the blog.

Hulus and iPhones updates. Now you can watch DAT ANIME on even more…things!

Originally posted: January 13, 2011 @ 5:45pm

1 Like

Movin’ on Down: New Premium Shows Now Available for Registered Users

Link to the blog.

Hey guys, we’ve taken a couple of things down a notch on AN Online, to Registered user tier. Hope you dig the new shows and flicks!

Originally posted: January 3, 2011 @ 5:11pm

1 Like

I am a subscriber and I can’t watch any of the new shows on my iphone

1 Like

Babel 2,bast ofsyndrome, black lion, demon lord Dante, el hazzard:the wanders
Get backers, Gilgamesh, Lina, cosmo warrior zero, kooks seven, lost universe,
Mezzo, new fist of the north star, parasite dolls, saigaki, soul hunter, rune soldier,
Rahxephon, prefectural earth defense, orphan, orphan:revenge, mythical detective
Loki, legend of crystania ova. I can’t get these shows. The motion pictures
Lady death, Rahxephon, sin I can get vedio picture but the sound is in slowmo

1 Like

dorkman -

Please post in http://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,65/catid,5/func,view/id,62294/ about your issues, and remember to include the following information:

1. What kind of device: iPad, iPhone, iTouch,
  2. Version of device: iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4,
  3. iOS Version: 4.0, 4.1, 4.2,
  4. Connection type: 3G, WiFi,
  5. Are you using the App or Safari?
  6. Name of show and episode number,
  7. Any other facts about your situation.
1 Like

First of all, this refers to Anime Network Online Player, not the app for iPhone, iPad or any of those.

Dorkman, are you referring to the iPhone on all of those?

If so, please go http://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,65/catid,5/func,view/id,62294/limit,10/limitstart,60/#72651 and read up on the i-related things.

Post again if I can be of anymore help.