Brain Drain

I agree wholeheartedly on the shorter runtime of shows. These days it seems like the average 30 minute show actually has a runtime of 20 minutes once you subtract the time for commercials…

Might be in the minority here, but even for shows I have on disc, if I enjoy the series, I like to watch it slowly. Spread it out through a couple weeks at least. If it’s a show I could care less about, then I binge watch it to get it over with (Blade and Soul comes to mind…)

3 Likes

On the flip side, I’ve seen many Netflix shows that are an hour+ per episode and they drag on and on. So I’ve learned that I’d rather have a smartly-paced ~45 minutes than a languid, interminable 60+ minutes.

Could it be that the episodes are just so good that they seem to fly by? :slight_smile:

Though, sadly, waiting for a show to come out on disc these days is still a too often a tease for my taste, in this age of the anime just running for a season as an ad: “If you liked this, buy the Light Novels to finish the story!” :frowning:

Seems to me that, in anime and conventional TV alike, we’re getting shows that are designed to be binge watched. I’m not sure I’d call it a “genre” in anime, but we’ve gotten a swath of “atmospheric” shows that IMO are meant to be binged, eg: Land of the Lustrous, Made in Abyss, Promised Neverland.

5 Likes

So one of my good friends got themselves a new TV. They called me up and asked if I wanted their old one.

Definitely couldn’t beat the price :grin::grin::grin:

6 Likes

Free is good. :wink:

Mark Gosdin

5 Likes

Something I’ve been waiting for finally shipped after a month or maybe two delay . Anime related .

4 Likes

Regarding this post about “kitty prison”.

My hubby and I have been talking about this, and we thought we might do something like this when we get new flooring. Here’s the thing, we can find a TON of these little tents, but none that you can see through like the one in the pic.

Granted, I have NOT done a bunch of research, just a couple of places.

What I don’t want is a ton of links – if you happen to know of someplace or see something, just tell me what store and I’ll do my own investigation.

Otherwise… well… fine then.

EDIT - To clarify, I’m not expecting anyone to do my research for me. Just sayin’ that if you run across something, let me know. Not having a Clear-Thinking Monday.

2 Likes

I know you don’t want a link, but Amazon has it.

4 Likes

I guess the word I wasn’t using was “mesh”. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

2 Likes

Our big kitty, Pumpkin, would shred his way out of that within minutes. He’s slightly larger than Beagle and barely fits in our standard size cat carrier. It wouldn’t be so bad but he has a brother and sister who are only a tad smaller than him.

Mark Gosdin

3 Likes

Our cat is declawed, only has back claws. And he’s the only cat in the house. We think we’d put him in a back bedroom, but his deal is when he’s scared, he poops. Would like to keep that part contained. :poop:

2 Likes

Declawing cats makes me very sad. :frowning:

In other topics, why didn’t anyone ever tell me there was an option to ignore the trolls here. My TAN experience is so much more pleasant now. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just checked my account preferences, and never noticed that before!

Guess it was implemented to help members block people for that exact reason :thinking:

Pretty neat!

We’ve only had one cat that was declawed. He was a rescue, and I don’t know if it was due to his previous owners or because he was declawed, but he was the most aggressive cat we ever owned. None of the cats we received as kittens have ever been declawed. Our furniture does take some damage, but they know not to use their claws on humans they recognize.

3 Likes

I consider claws as being part of the cat package. If you are really concerned, you can do like I do and trim their claws. My cat still does some clawing, but the damage is minimal. I’m just not a fan of surgically altering animals when it isn’t necessary.

2 Likes

Our cat is a feral, outside cat that we brought inside. There was no amount of clipping that was going to help.

1 Like

I’ve had three rescued cats and all of them were declawed. The first one and the second one were declawed by whoever the previous owners were and then either ran away or were dumped. One adopted me, and when he passed away, I adopted another because I felt badly, knowing they could never survive that way.

My third rescue got dumped when his owner passed away. Not knowing any better, he tried to get back into the house and ended up with a really bad infection when he damaged his claws on a screen door. The only solution was to have him declawed. He was then passed around to a couple of people while trying to find him a permanent home until I heard about him and took him in. He started out as my mother’s cat, but eventually became mine. I don’t think he even missed his claws. He thought he still had them!

1 Like

Decided to try the Charmin Forever Roll.

As a comparison, on the right is a Mega Roll

4 Likes

That is pretty “forever” all right!

2 Likes

How’s the durability and softness . It kind of reminds me of the store restroom rolls which in general are not the softest or durable.

3 Likes

It feels like Charmin Ultra Soft. Durability is about equivalent to that as well.

Definitely better than the stuff they put in public restrooms :joy:

3 Likes