Brain Drain

@miquelfire

I am so sorry for your loss.

3 Likes

Condolences, thoughts & prayers for you @miquelfire . I know the pain of losing a parent. Stay strong my friend.

Mark Gosdin

3 Likes

Stole this .

:rofl:

7 Likes

So gas went up 20 cents more overnight here .

6 Likes

Black Friday and Christmas should be interesting this year with all the supply chain issues .

Noticing a lot of stuff is selling out before release or anything special is getting repeatedly delayed .

Then all these QC issues effecting Blu-rays on top of the supply issues .

5 Likes

Hey yā€™all I was thinking about video games and started thinking about DVDs and remembered they had those amiibos things for the games and thinking it would be cool to have an anime figures that you can buy that puts those figures you want in an good visual novel game in American to give us a fun variety an anime game content

And they can call the game anime figures Animos
And I know whoā€™s first game anime figure @MaouSadao would haveā€¦.

1 Like

Watching Predator 2 . There is this odd scene I never really noticed until now.

All of the cars except a bus and delivery truck on the road are from the 60ā€™s or early 70ā€™s . May be one or two late 50ā€™s in there.
Then there is the three red mustang.

4 Likes

Just three I thought all cars had horse power lol jk

Was that on a delete scene of something? @Psychopuppet
You know some movies have some odd stuff

3 Likes

Yami: ā€œReally? Who? ā€¦ Yes. Iā€™m kidding. I know it would be me. :yellow_heart::black_heart:ā€

@Psychopuppet Havenā€™t seen Predator 2 Iā€™m a very long time. I presume there wasnā€™t supposedly a vintage car show going on at the time of filming, perchance?

4 Likes

Iā€™m not sure. Them being from the same era makes me wonder if they were sharing a filming location with another film or they just used whatever vehicles they had on hand.

4 Likes

Hmmā€¦

I think my Roku just diedā€¦

Iā€™ve power cycled it. Iā€™ve burped it. Iā€™ve let it rest for a couple minutes without power. No matter what I do, it wonā€™t connect to my Wi-Fi anymore.

Itā€™s not my Wi-Fi. Iā€™m posting right now for proof of that.

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

5 Likes

Oh good, I thought, I never know what to get anyone, maybe thereā€™s some ideas here!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The Best Hollywood-Inspired Gifts for Him

The Best Hollywood-Inspired Gifts for Her

The Best Hollywood-Inspired Gifts for Kids

2021-11-20T06:00:00Z

5 Likes

Scrolled by this earlier. Thought it was Mickey and Freddy Krueger at first.

6 Likes

Going to make a holiday Q&A thread in the Outlands
To further @Slowhand faithful holidays posts she has been making

If anyone has any advice on what the thread should look like let me know
Thanks

Good Vibes All Day
AnimePoster

1 Like

I see the Haslab Rancor did not make it to funded. Iā€™m thinking unless it happens in the next 15 hours the Skystriker/o-ring style figures wonā€™t make it either.
The Proton pack made it ,but wearable props almost always do so not a surprise with it only needing 7000 to.

Why create three of these things before Christmas/Holidays when people typically have less money to support them as they are spending on holiday stuff? At least make it end 2 days after Christmas when someone might have some Christmas/Holiday cash.

Also they should have done the Whale instead of the Skystriker as itā€™s still easy to find a clean vintage one. Whale not as much.

4 Likes

From the comparison videos that I was recommended on YouTube, the Rancor looked pretty bad when compared against other collectible Star Wars figures in the same price range, and vs what fans had done by hand with older official figures of a Rancor?

Haslab wanted 9,000 backers for their $349.99 Rancor. Thatā€™s ~3.15 million dollars. Thatā€™s a lot of money for what we were going to get, and it seems excessive to me.

But it does rub me the wrong way a bit to see Hasbro, a company worth 13.6 billion dollars, doing crowdfunding. Itā€™s like when Shenmue 3 was kickstarted and then the project revealed being backed by Sony, or when Funimation kickstarted their redub of Escaflowne.

Maybe Iā€™m being too much of a romantic, because it seems to me that crowdfunding was for normal people to fund big projects, not for big corporate conglomerates to fund their little projects :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

That is my biggest issue with this. If it was a matter of checking fan interest they could do what Mattel does. Take pre-orders produce enough to meet them, then charge once it ships. Then if someone backs out sell the leftovers online.

Hasbro is basically using fan lust to pay for the tooling and production of this stuff. Stuff they could easily pay for.

The Skystriker did get funded ,but it was ugly among the Gi Joe groups. People saying if you donā€™t fund this your not a real fan or I hope it fails. Bickering back and forth.

3 Likes

I donā€™t know how to feel about thisā€¦

3 Likes

Looks like my tv in my room is on its last legs. Developed this annoying flicker in two of the corners. Sucks as it has some older plug-ins most new TVā€™s donā€™t. Plus it has the large center stand instead of those cheap legs, Itā€™s from back when Roku was they included a purple dongle for a special Hdmi port that the tv remote worked with. If I did not use it so much I think Iā€™d get a short throw projector. Now to start looking for a decent replacement. Guess I could get a new one for the living room and take the old one from there.

5 Likes

Decided on a LG TV since it uses the Linux based WebOs and the reviews seem to be a bit better.
Now to wait for stock of the one I want and hope mine does not die before then.

5 Likes