Brain Drain

We here all had it in the fall last year. My taste is still a bit off have to add a bit more hot sauce then most could stand to taste it but my sense of smell came back with a vengeance. It is a bit to intense at times.

Been trying to figure out a design for a custom shelf for my space.
So a box of about 50 Blu-rays/DVD’s comes in at about 16.2 pounds. I calculated with that in mind I have about 1300 pounds of DVD/Blu-rays. Maybe a bit more as that is just with the 16x16x6 boxes I originally used for storage.

5 Likes

Hmmm Samsung has a 55 inch curved gaming monitor. :rofl:
Cost about 4 of my first car did.

6 Likes

$275 of groceries at the Aldi, everyone!

5 Likes

Looks like a lot more then what you get at Target and Walmart for the same.

5 Likes

Nice mega haul deal Maou!! Chef Maou your hell’s kitchen will be fit for a grand King’s feast!! Can’t wait to see what you cook up with that great haul.

4 Likes
We got:

2 5 pound packs of ribs
2 3 pound packs of chicken breasts
3 2 pound ham steaks
2 5 pound packs of ground beef
A bunch of Cold Cuts
A bunch of veggies
A gallon of milk
A bunch of cereal bars
And some snacks!

5 Likes

My late wife had some truly horrible ( & expensive ) experiences with Aldi. They’ve been a “No Go” ever since.

Glad you’ve mastered getting good value out of them.

Mark Gosdin

5 Likes

We have a Lidl and Aldi in town. Prefer the Lidl. Prices are pretty much the same but Lidl has the bakery section. Some of the best Rosemary bread I’ve tasted. Plus the slicing machine is pretty neat to watch. Sucked during the Pandemic as they had it shut off and slicing the bread at home was fairly messy.

Plus Lidl had these store brand versions of pringles. Somehow taste better then the pringles.

4 Likes

Oh, goodness! So sorry about that!

Typically, you go for the things you know will be okay, even if they are generic brand. Things like raw or prepared meats, and raw vegetables. I have personally noted that while the chicken breasts and thighs they sell are really good, do NOT get their legs. I don’t know what the deal with them is, but they’re always gristly and rubbery…

Other things, you just gotta try. Milk and eggs will always be milk and eggs, and the prices are about equal to Walmart, so why make two trips?

Baking goods, like flour and Sugar, you’re literally paying for the name on the package for name brand stuff over 90% of the time…

Potato chips and cereal, of course the generic brand doesn’t tase as good, but $6 for a box of Rice Krispies, or $2 for a larger box of Puffed Rice Cereal?

On the other hand, there are things you just have to get name brand of. I’m 100% certain something @Slowhand will attest to; generic Oreos AREN’T Oreos!!! Lol.

But, you just have to shop around! Do what feels best for you! :grin::+1:

6 Likes

Meat is usually the same, though some stores have better consistency than others as you have found.

Milk too, though here Publix loses out badly as they have always been high price on milk.

Some generics are OK and we use them, but over time we’ve found that it pays to stick with name brands for most things.

Yes, only Oreos are Oreos. :yum:

Mark Gosdin

6 Likes

7 Likes

Oh. Their brand canned tuna SUCKS… LOL

5 Likes

Hey you’ll, kind of a random question but it’s relevant but have your job had any adjustment changes recently when the pandemic started or in general?

In general my job had a lot of price hikes like maybe some of you’ll jobs have done.

3 Likes
5 Likes

@Psychopuppet are you proposing to everyone to a dance off challenge?
If so let me put on my dancing shoes :athletic_shoe:

3 Likes

Ahem. Not really dancing music as such, but …

Latest acquisition.

Mark Gosdin

4 Likes

I was the only one here for a bit because of what ever took out the main site and me having nothing to do in the mornings right now. First thing that came to mind.

4 Likes

I don’t know when all of the main site’s malfunctioning Madness happened?!
But in the wee hours of the morning all of mysterious thing can happen
It’s like the ghost in the Dell lol

3 Likes

It was down last night, maybe around this time, and was down this morning. As I don’t like to direct bookmark forums if I can help it, I tend to notice these things when I make my visit(s) each day.

6 Likes

It went down for maintenance around 12:30am CT. If you didn’t log out, you could get back in.

I always log out, so I kept getting an error.

Just came back up around 8:30-8:45ish CT.

5 Likes