Brain Powered

Brain Powered

Genres: action, drama, science fiction
Themes: hybrid robot, mecha
Objectionable content: Significant
Number of episodes: 26
Vintage: 1998-04-08 to 1998-11-11

Plot Summary: In a world ravaged by flooding caused by the ascension of the giant organic alien vessel Orphan from deep beneath the sea, two sides suddenly emerge in a battle for the future of humanity: those who wish for Orphan’s success in leaving the planet, thereby stealing away all of the organic energy from Earth and annihilating all life except for those on the ship itself; and those who wish to prevent this from happening. Orphan’s supporters, the Reclaimers, use living mecha, or antibodies, called the Grand Cher. Those who fight against the Reclaimers operate the battleship known as Novis Noah, and pilot the antibodies known as the Brain Powered. This is the story of the ex-Reclaimer Yuu Isami and a girl named Hime Utsumiya as they fight with their Brain Powereds to prevent the extinction of mankind and to discover what the true purpose of Orphan is.

ANN Info Page

Just look at all of these Bandai shows that I’ve never heard of. Bandai had some issues getting the word out.

This is a very old Bandai title. So old in fact, that it was actually an Anime Village VHS release back before Bandai Entertainment went by that name. A local comic shop has had the VHS singles for a couple years now. The last release it received was a complete “Anime Legends” set in 2006, so it’s been out of print for quite a while.

Doing some investigating it strikes me as one of those really crazy mecha shows that could fit in on my shelf between the ADV EVA singles and Rahxephon. The synopsis posted here has the female lead getting the crazy mecha power and that is pretty rare.

If the ship speaks in any capacity IMO it should be redubbed by David Matranga :smiley:

I used to have a single volume of the manga for this.

I have this on VHS and didn’t know it had a DVD release until it was already out of print. I’m so excited about finally being able to replace those clunky tapes! :smiley: Sentai rocks!