Breaking News Bulletin Board

Is it bad that I giggled out loud when I read this?

3 Likes

4/10 of an inch of rain? Seriously? Is that a typo?

It has to be a typo, right?

That’s a light drizzle in FL!

And that’s posted after the FL panhandle, Alabama and Georgia just got hit with a hurricane!

4 Likes

I know, right?

We got almost 2 inches of rain in an hour one day last week, and we weren’t even in a hurricane pathway.

6 Likes

If that’s what’s newsworthy, no wonder they have to deal with out of control wild fires!

4 Likes
1 Like

Well, that’s not good at all…

No one has to do that, USPS does it all on its own. :wink:

This reminds me of the “Help! The Sky is Falling!” type panic from a few months ago about the end of Net Neutrality.

The Wikipedia article for this “Universal Postal Union” mentions that, as of 2018, it costs 2x as much to mail from the USA to the USA as it does for China to mail to the USA. :astonished:

Which looks like a pretty good indicator that the current system has some serious issues.

2 Likes

October 18, 2018

3 Likes

After reading that article, the next step will be to change “Just For Men” to “For Everyone”

:joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

This reminds me of all the flak Dr. Pepper took a few years back when they ran a tongue-in-cheek commercial that tried to make diet soda manly with the branding “Dr. Pepper 10: It’s Not for Women!” :rofl:

Why have I not heard of Mansize Kleenex before?

4 Likes

I don’t know, where have you been?

Kimberly-Clark said the product has been on store shelves for 60 years

2 Likes

I’ve lived in Oklahoma, Texas & Florida and never noticed it on the shelf. They have an industrial strength Kleenex that we buy.

Mark Gosdin

3 Likes

I remember seeing them when we lived in Iowa several years ago. I haven’t really noticed them lately. But then again, I haven’t looked.

2 Likes

Dunno, it’s not on store shelves in my area. :slightly_frowning_face:
Out of curiosity I checked the normal grocery stores as well as the local Warehouse Club.

2 Likes

October 24, 2018

3 Likes

This isn’t right no matter your political preference.

October 24, 2018

UPDATE: another package was delivered to the Time Warner Center in New York.

UPDATES

• Another suspicious package found at office of former DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz
  • San Diego police are investigating a suspicious package and have closed off a section of 6th Avenue where the San Diego Union Tribune is located
  • A suspicious package has been intercepted at a Congressional mail screening facility in Capitol Heights, Maryland
  • A device intended for former Attorney General Eric Holder is among those intercepted
  • A second package addressed to Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters had been found at a postal facility in Los Angeles
  • Law enforcement officials are trying to track down a package addressed to former Vice President Joe Biden that’s now considered suspicious because of similarities to other packages
2 Likes

October 25, 2018

‘Act of terror’: Bombs sent to CNN, Clintons, Obamas, Holder

• The FBI is urging anyone with information about the suspicious packages to call 1-800-CALL-FBI or visit http://tips.fbi.gov
1 Like

October 26, 2018

1 Like

The bombs are all fakes. Someone is playing games with this.

Mark Gosdin

3 Likes
  • JUST IN: Federal authorities have arrested a man in connection to the suspected explosive packages, according to multiple law enforcement sources.

• Authorities are investigating another suspicious package in Sacramento, California, addressed to Democratic Sen. Kamala Harris, according to a law enforcement official

• What we know about the man arrested in connection with suspicious packages: • In his 50s • Arrested at a business in Plantation, Florida, north of Miami • He has an address in nearby Aventura, Florida • Has a criminal history and ties to New York

FBI arrests man in Florida suspected of sending parcel bombs

October 26, 2018

2 Likes