Campione! / Matsuro Wanu Kamigami to Kami Koroshi no Maō

Episode 06 is live at ANO

Episode 07 is live at ANO

Episode 08 is live at ANO

Episode 13 is Epic, Do not miss it if you all are watching exclusively on TAN.

Episode 09 is live at ANO

Episode 10 is live at ANO

I thought episode 12 was better, but still a good ending.

I want more, which seems to be the story of all the shows I watch from Sentai streaming.

Episode 11 is live at ANO

Dude is just a magnet for crazy girls. And as if the amount of girls hanging off him now didn’t already piss of his sister enough, the Athena crashes into his house while his sister is waiting for the date to be over.

Episode 12 is live at ANO

Episode 13 :end: is live at ANO

About Dang Time , finally a Harem Anime:

Where the Harem is cool with each other and are willing to share. Godou is a lucky man.

Complete Collection Cover/Disc Art

DVD

Blu-ray

[url=][ /url]

Grundy is the ADR director? More reason to pick this up. He’s been involved in some great dubs in the past and I’m looking forward to checking out something done after the Great Momo Disaster for which he was the sole director.

This is still among the most promising of pending Sentai releases IMO, though I know little of it besides the synopsis.

-edit-
Updated the list with the new additions:
Yuri Mariya & Ena Seishuin

https://www.facebook.com/notes/sentai-filmworks/sentai-filmworks-announces-campione-english-dub-cast/689585844401864

English Dub Cast

Director - Jason Grundy

English Vocal Cast

Godo Kusanagi - Blake Shepard
Erica Blandelli - Monica Rial
Yuri Mariya - Hilary Haag
Liliana Kranjcar - Genevive Simmons
Ena Seishuin - Carli Mosier
Athena - Brittney Karbowski
Shizuka Kusanagi - Luci Christian
Arianna Hyama Aleardi - Juliette Simmons
Verethragna - Leraldo Anzuldua
Lucrezia Zora - Maggie Flecknoe
Melqart - David Wald
Sasha Dejanstahl Voban - John Swasey
Anchorwoman - Allison Sumrall
Narration - Christopher Ayres

It looks like a solid cast, and I’m really looking forward to this. I enjoyed the show a lot when it was streaming here, though I never watched the final few episodes. I was pretty confident in its chances for a dub, so I decided to wait.

It’s good to see more variety in the directing department, but I’m still a littler leery. Jason Grundy did a good job with Ballad of a Shinigami, but most of his dubs at Funimation were average at best. However, he has done engineering and recording work on some excellent dubs like Chrono Crusade, so I hope this turns out well.

If by “ballad of of a shinigami” you mean that horrid Momo show then (?!) I have to admit that I hope that this dub is the exact opposite of that dub, that is to say actually good. I don’t know what happened with that Momo dub, but I suspect that it was the dual directors, but I hope that Maiden Japan, Sentai and every other dub studio out there knows what happened in that failure so that it never happens again.

Grundy was involved with Chaos;Head’s dub over at Funimation, which was almost flawless (the show itself…not so much).

I’m hoping that the failing of Momo was brought about by the other director who worked on it. At this point it is more like praying than hoping. :wink:

Making a horrible show slightly better in English than the horrid Japanese dub does not make it good. In my book, just okay is not good enough. Chaos;Head suffered from very poor casting, like so many Funimation dubs. Although, even a good dub couldn’t have saved that train wreck. Also, I see that I blocked the memory of Todd Haberkorn being in it. He should have stopped acting after Ghost Hunt. It’s really the only role I’ve heard him do that he actually somewhat fit the character. It’s hard to forget how he single handidly destroyed the dub to My Bride is a Mermaid.

But it guess everyone is entitled to their opinion. If everyone had the same tastes, then every dub would come out exactly the same, and that would be pretty damn boring.

Miscast? Oh, you mean like everyone but Jessica Boone in Momo (particularly the cat…)?

The only miscast I can think of in Chaos;head was Clarine Harp and that was only because she gave an uncharacteristically sub-par performance for most of it. Todd, Vic, Karbowski and Savage were stellar in their roles; as far as I’m concerned, that guy is Todd Haberkorn lol.

I’ve encountered a few Funi dubs that were miscast–Guilty Crown is one I’m trying to watch now and Haganai has a few casting fails–but in my experience it’s the exception, not the norm.

I try to judge dubs by their own merits, not whether or not they make the show better, but I admit that I do give them that extra “boost” if they bump up a show. That’s another reason why Momo’s dub annoys me as it was a forgotten show from yesteryear that got a dub when more deserving Sentai/Maiden shows only get the sub. Similar to when Red Foreman in That 70s Show got to ask one question of President Ford, my one question to Matt Greenfield would be “Why the hell did you license and dub Momo?!”

Momo was only six episodes, so it would be much cheaper to dub than a longer series. As for licensing it, it was probably inexpensive, or possibly required no up front fee. There is also a good chance it was bundled with something else, as many, if not most of Maiden Japan’s licenses seem to be. Like Sentai, and unlike Funimation, Maiden Japan seems to have no issue with license bundles. It’s probably why they’ve become more active over the past year.

I don’t worry too much when a show I don’t like gets licensed. After all, I’m sure somebody out there likes it, and there are plenty of shows that I dislike that I know sell pretty well. It’s not like they were offered a show I like, and intentionally took something different after all. There are also quite a few shows that I really enjoy, that I know didn’t sell particularly well like Shigofumi and Kurenai, or that just aren’t that popular in the US. Sadly, quality has nothing to do with what gets licensed or dubbed.