[size=17]Cat Shit One / Apocalypse Meow[/size]

Cat Shit One: The Animated Series Official JP Website
IDA Entertainment YouTube
Cat Shit One: The Animated Series info on ANN

[quote]Themes: military, talking animals
Running time: 22 minutes
Vintage: 2010-07-17

Plot Summary:
Packy and Botasky are members of a private military company, a new form of mercenary system. Somewhere on a desert region, they are on a rescue mission and due to the circumstances they must enter combat immediately.
[/quote]

Don’t know if this will ever make it here to the States, but the manga was released here under the name of Apocalypse Meow.
However, the trailer looks awesome as hell and the CGI is just absolutely stunning!
So I figured I would make a thread on it.

I remember this. I also remember buying the first volume. Now if I can only remember what happened to it.
The trailer looks good, but what would be even better would be a tactical squad-based game, ala Rainbow Six or SoCom. That would be sweet.

Oh damn, every once in awhile, Japan throws something out there that I actually want to watch. This looks amazing, and I can totally see it being canceled during translations because some parental group said it was racist or something.

I ‘acquired’ Volume 3 of the manga somewhere along the line. I’d really like to read the first two, but can’t seem to find them anywhere… :angry:

[quote=Slowhand]
I ‘acquired’ Volume 3 of the manga somewhere along the line. I’d really like to read the first two, but can’t seem to find them anywhere… :angry:[/quote]

Yeah ADV had the Manga and probably did not print many of the first two volumes.
I can find ya both but volume one is going for some of those over $100.00 *** ****** fee’s.

[quote=psychopuppet]
eah ADV had the Manga and probably did not print many of the first two volumes.
I can find ya both but volume one is going for some of those over $100.00 *** ****** fee’s.[/quote]

Yikes! No thanks… I’ll just forever wonder what the hell is going on. :stuck_out_tongue:

Used copies on Amazon were $153 minimum when I checked last night, I’m not spending that much on manga, half the reason I even like manga is because it’s relatively cheap.

I wonder if ADV would do a reprinting if the anime came to America…

[size=20]Apocalypse Meow Manga’s 1st Anime Episode Set for August[/size]
posted on 2010-05-06 23:57 EDT
Motofumi Kobayashi’s “real and fierce combat by cute and fluffy animals”

Studio Anima director Kazuya Sasahara told the Ain’t It Cool News Anime site that the first episode in the computer-animated adaptation of Motofumi Kobayashi’s Cat Shit One manga will be completed by this August. The project was originally announced at the 2009 Tokyo International Anime Fair (TAF), and was tentatively slated for an early 2010 release. Scheduling for subsequent episodes of the anime is still undecided. Currently, there are only plans for a Japanese release.

ADV Manga released three volumes of the original Cat Shit One manga under the title Apocalypse Meow in North America. The manga follows three American soldiers — Bota, Perky and Rats — during the Vietnam War. The trio just happen to be cute animals in the Cat Shit One recon group.

The planned 12-episode anime series of “real and fierce combat by cute and fluffy animals” updates the manga’s premise by making the three soldiers part of a modern private military company. In the first episode, the three attempt to rescue hostages, but end up surrounded by guerrillas demanding the withdrawal of United States Armed Forces in the area. (The original manga had an updated manga sequel with a similar premise called Cat Shit One '80.)

I have one of these volumes and I like it a lot - but I have to tell you, trying to get one of the other two volumes is like pulling teeth. Very rare. Very expensive.

I’d like to hope that SOMEONE could get this anime over here to the states… crosses fingers :side:

Here is the trailer with subtitles:

You should have posted this in my thread about it!

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,65/catid,7/func,view/id,215/

oh pooh…

I really hope this gets brought over too! I love the look of the trailer, and I’ve always heard good things about the manga.

Let the cries of racism begin!!!

ROUND 1

[size=16]FIGHT!!![/size]

FWIW, don’t use Amazon reseller prices as a basis for value, wait and see what one goes for on eBay. I mean, I have some early ADV videotapes that just the one was listed for $56 on Amazon - I paid like 50 cents for mine, as part of a lot, on eBay.

[quote=rebecca12]
FWIW, don’t use Amazon reseller prices as a basis for value, wait and see what one goes for on eBay. I mean, I have some early ADV videotapes that just the one was listed for $56 on Amazon - I paid like 50 cents for mine, as part of a lot, on eBay.[/quote]

eBay… HA! The first manga went on eBay for $750 a few weeks ago. These suckers are really, really rare.

After taking a new visit to the homepage, looks like IDA has an official YT page now.

http://www.youtube.com/IDAentertainment

Also, though I don’t read Japanese, so I can’t be sure, on the homepage, it says something about 7/17 and YouTube, so it may be showing up there as well.

Though by the looks of it, we in the USA won’t be able to see anything unless they change the region lock, since at the current moment, it says:

This video contains content from IDAEntertainment, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Pfft.
Well, it looks like IDA posted the first episode on their YT page, but sadly, it’s region blocked for the US.

I knew it would be, but I had to check anyways.

So still have to order out of country for it?

[size=20]Apocalypse Meow Streamed in Japan, Soft Vinyl Figures Revealed[/size]
posted on 2010-07-19 00:09 EDT

The first episode in International Digital Artist’s (IDA’s) computer-animated adaptation of Motofumi Kobayashi’s Cat Shit One (Apocalypse Meow) manga is being streamed in high-definition for free on the YouTube website in Japan. However, IDAEntertainment is limiting the stream to viewers from Japanese Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. IDA partner Kickoff is offering soft vinyl figures of the characters from the figure maker Kaiyodo.

ADV Manga released three volumes of the original Cat Shit One manga under the title Apocalypse Meow in North America. The manga follows three American soldiers — Bota, Perky and Rats — during the Vietnam War. The trio just happen to be cute animals in the Cat Shit One recon group. The planned 12-episode anime series of “real and fierce combat by cute and fluffy animals” updates the manga’s premise by making the three soldiers part of a modern private military company.