Clannad and Clannad After Story

OMG! I just got Clannad blu-ray in the mail, it has a huge difference in quality between the dvd and blu-ray versions. also The japanese and english audio track for Clannad blu-ray are both 5.1

Everyone keeps telling me Iā€™ll like Clannad because i like Tegami Bachi and Angel Beatsā€¦ Is this true or is it one of their schemes to try to get me to watch anime they like? :blink:

A lot of people who enjoy Angel Beats also enjoyed Clannad and After Story. Itā€™s always hard to say for certain, but if you enjoyed one you should at least try the other. Keep in mind that a lot of people enjoy After Story much more than the first series, but you canā€™t really watch it without watching Clannad.

Well I personally think itā€™s great. Iā€™m usually into action and such, but Clannad was excellent. Definitely one of my favorites. And no; I donā€™t think itā€™d be a good idea to watch After-Story without watching Clannad. After-Story is pretty much the second season. . .

Well, I decided to watch Clannad after Angel Beats due to people saying it was similar via developers who worked on it and color styles. One thing I had a huge problem was with Okazakiā€™s character look cause it looked like Hinata which gave me both a head hair pull and a laugh. Well I thought Clannad was great because of the setting and Okazakiā€™s character/attitude (Iā€™m going through school but I never thought or maybe cared about my future till now, plus I never had a lot of friends or wanted to communicate a lot), and story. After Story was very good, just leaving with that.

Though a lot of people hate the english dub, I know its there opinions. But I found it to be good because when watching through the japanese dub, the female voice actors did not make me feel for them more than the english dub. Probably because there to Moe or I just like the english cast because they toned down the Moe level voices. But the script for the name pronounā€™s for a very few number of characters was a little ā€œiffyā€.

Angel Beats has a lot more recognizable or more relatable characters than Clannad, but there was a lot of flaws in the story because of not enough episodes to show more of the characters and plot. But Clannad has that flaw to but it does not show that much because there in character arcā€™s. Companies can expand the series by releasing songs from a non-reality/existing band from Angel Beats but not making side OVA episodes like episode 14?! (Though it was a comedy episode, but it could work. WHERE IS TKā€™S STORY!!! XD)

But I think Ef-A Tale of Memories was very good, it in my opinion is on equal or higher footing than Clannad(both seasons) and Angel Beats.

ok so i think thatā€™s a general yes. Thanks for the opinions guys, Iā€™ll probably end up watching it nowā€¦ And probably make myself watch the whole thing just because you said After Story is better. :lol:

Although there were some sad parts in Clannad, the only time I actually shed tears (oh yea, for hours) was in the After-Story. And by the time you finish Clannad, you wonā€™t want to stop!

Iā€™m not one for the overly-emotional moe shows but I have to say that I enjoyed Clannad dubbed. Subbed I had to force myself through it. I donā€™t know if I would say that if you enjoyed Angel Beats! youā€™ll enjoy Clannad as I found Angel Beats! to be a riotously funny comedy (in both languages) while Clannad is definitely more of a ā€œpull on your heartstringsā€ emotional sob-story. JMO.

I also enjoyed the commentary track. I was hoping that it was a sign of more extras to come, but that doesnā€™t seem the case. Iā€™ll keep hoping.

Interestingly, in that commentary track David Matranga says that he doesnā€™t believe heā€™s met Greg Ayres, yet in Super Milk Chan they film a live action scene together. You know youā€™re a real fan whenā€¦ :lol: B)

I was at an anime panel where Greg Ayres basically said the same thing about Davidā€¦lol

Shoot, Greg Ayres spoke about something besides bootleg merch and I missed it? Brutal! :laugh:

Anyone see this?

Clannad - The Past Path

Itā€™s a visual novel with choices, but if you play it right itā€™s basically a prequel to Clannad with similar themes. Seems to be like a fan-fic but the writingā€™s decent. If you liked this series, youā€™ll probably like playing the game.

Clannad - The Motion Picture On Anime Network Online

The Feature (Dub & Sub) is now LIVE!

or if you know Japanese you could play the VN the anime is based on:

Sekai Project to Offer Clannad Visual Novelā€™s Full-Voice Edition on Steam

posted on 2014-08-24 13:05 EDT
Game inspired an anime movie and two television anime series

Hopefully the translation wonā€™t suck. Doesnā€™t key have a history of horrid translations?

I guess it isnā€™t as important with clannad as it was with Steins;gate, since the language track dramatically altered the perception of the show, but these games ought to be dubbed. The Japanese voice acting in the s;g game was unintentionally hilarious.

Why is this on steam? No multiplayer = no point for steam. Put it on GOG.

Q. What older Sentai title would you like to see get a box set release?

A. Personally? I would say Clannad.

A Blu-Ray box set of Clannad would be on top of my ā€œmust haveā€ list, too!

So when they say a box set release, do they mean one of their "SLE"s with the nick-nack, paddy-wacks; or just a plain old complete collection all in one box or even a simple cardstock cover.

Will it include the movie on BD finally.

Will it include a plush Dango and Sanae Furukawa body pillowā€¦then 'kay. :slight_smile:

https://twitter.com/ANNZac/status/539470494802518016
Zac Friday
ā€@ANNZac So weā€™re taping ANNCast on Clannad, Clannad After Story and the film tomorrow. Send in questions if you got 'em!
9:26 AM - 1 Dec 2014

ANNCast: ClannADCast

by Zac Bertschy, Dec 3rd 2014

Zac and Hope have finally taken the long, sakura blossom-lined, tear-stained 50-episode journey into romance and tragedy known the world over as Clannad. Get your tissues ready!