Cowboy Bebop / Cowboy Bebop: The Movie

Is it still on AS?
Wow.
Yeah, it is good, but at least give it 5 episodes.

Hands down my favorite anime series. Honestly I canā€™t think of ANY series I like more. It blew me away the first time I saw it, one of the first anime series I watched (and one of the reasons I got into the genre) and over 10 years later still the best IMO.

i never watch the movie but i do have the box set for the series and i love the the series i used to watch it on adult swim

Cowboy Bebop the series is on my ā€œrainy day listā€. For some reason Iā€™ve been holding off on getting into it. However, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie when they put it up on Netflix. I watched it a handful of times and now that I saw this thread pop up, I think Iā€™m in the mood to watch it again now.
So thanks for reminding me.

Interesting little tidbit on Cowboy Bebop.
Now the question becomes: Who? Sentai or FUNi?
Iā€™m betting on FUNi, since itā€™s still shown on [as].

Australiaā€™s Madman Ent. Delays Cowboy Bebop Blu-rays

posted on 2013-05-31 23:49 EDT

I might eventually pick up a remastered, Full HD blu-ray version of Bebop. It would make the show easier on the eyes but it wonā€™t fix the plot (or, more aptly, the lack thereof) to make it less grating on the mind. Iā€™ve seen greater continuity, construction and overarching ideas in network US television shows.

Hereā€™s hoping that they canā€™t procure the original dub and have to create a newer, better one. Either way, they ought to produce a new dub: the HD will spare our eyes and so it should be pared with a new dub to spare our ears.

Though I canā€™t say that I really minded the Japanese audio for this one. How the English dub of this could fall so flat but the dub of its relative contemporary Outlaw Star could excel is a mystery.

I doubt they would make a new dub, because most fans of the show like the dub. The English audio was remixed in 5.1. when they re-released in 2005.

Iā€™m not willing to agree that most of the fans of the show liked the dub. Iā€™ll agree that many fans of the show liked the dub, but Iā€™m not willing to cross that line between ā€œmanyā€ and ā€œmostā€ just yet. I know that itā€™s a thin hope that theyā€™ll redub this show, but Iā€™ll keep that hope alive until the bitter end (ie:when the show comes out without one on BD lol). I believe that many fans are biased regarding both this showā€™s dub and this show in general, that they do not evaluate either objectively, and so it is overrated. This dub actually got me away from anime dubs, so bad was it. It was everything that an anime dub should not be. Now, I could have dealt with it if it had some other merits, say if had taken some liberties to fix some of the flaws in the show (like introducing some [expletive] continuity!) but it didnā€™t and so I can only judge it by its sub-par performance.

Bebop had all the things that I dislike in many American TV shows and it ā€œtook them up to 11ā€. Iā€™m glad that its ā€œstructureā€ was not parroted by the majority of anime.

Funimation Adds Cowboy Bebop

posted on 2013-08-10 16:29 EDT

Daisuki to Stream Cowboy Bebop TV Anime

posted on 2013-08-10 17:17 EDT
Shinichiro Watanabeā€™s series to be available digitally for 1st time

Shoulda been at Otakon yourself so you could have posted this live. Though odds are you would have missed the daisuke panel, Iā€™m betting.

Iā€™m hopeful about Otome going to funi as they have a better chance of dubbing the undubbed stuff and doing it in house (as opposed to getting the original cast and staff). My hope is that the whole franchise will have to be redubbed by them.

Though the Internet pundits were vindicated by this as they were calling this ever since ā€œADV Australiaā€ abandoned its plans to release the bebop bluray there themselves.

I donā€™t go to cons.
But since you were, you should have posted live.

I did the funimation panel but I didnā€™t do the daisuke panel because it went up against other stuff and I didnā€™t do the scavenger hunt that would, if you went to their panel, award you a stuffed plushie of Ein (bebop dog) which I didnā€™t want. Iā€™m not up on this live posting stuff lol.

Cons are fun though. Strangely, despite having this scavenger hunt thing to inspire people to attend the funi panel wasnā€™t exactly filled to the gills. Sentai panel was and though their room was much smaller they had a horrible time. Maybe next year otakon will give them a bigger room.

Now to wait 3+ years for it, and the rest of their rescues, to come out.

I kid, I kidā€¦

Do Iā€¦ :wink:

Maybe by the time these things do come out Iā€™ll have the shelf space to hold them all. Iā€™m trying to find the silver lining in the delays that I know Funimation will have. I hope that Bebop doesnā€™t end up being a repeat of Lain in terms of bluray video quality.

Cowboy Bebop Blu-ray Slated for N. America in December

posted on 2014-08-09 16:30 EDT
DVD, standard Blu-ray, 2 premium Blu-ray/DVD editions

Wow. A 16 month turn around. Iā€™m glad to hear some news on these rescues.

TBH. Iā€™m glad to hear any news from funimation as they, especially on the dub front, have been ā€œradio silentā€ for weeks.

Unfortunately otakon decided to run the funi panel not in one of their many multi-hour gaps in real programming but against some of the few worthy events so I was unable to attend.

Now that the on-disc extras are known, why is it that the shows and dubs that I donā€™t care for are the ones that get the coolest extras? Sadly the extras with the Japanese cast/crew appear to be audio-only and those always disappoint. Japanese video commentary:yes, Japanese audio commentary: no.

I was given the old Bandai DVD set of the series by a fellow ā€œun-fanā€ of the franchise but these extras almost make buying the basic bluray release tempting.

http://www.fandompost.com/2014/09/27/funimation-details-cowboy-bebop-anime-dvdbd-extras/

Iā€™m buying the ā€œBasicā€ BD release, because itā€™s all I can afford, since between this, Ranma 1/2 vol. 4, SAO EE and Christmas, It wonā€™t put that big of dent in the old wallet. If I were to get a limited edition, I would have bought the Amazon one for the art books, The Funi one is a lot of fluff imo.