Cowboy Bebop / Cowboy Bebop: The Movie

I’m still mildly annoyed with Funi for putting out 2 different LEs and making them retailer-exclusive. I’m also mildly annoyed with myself for having an urge to purchase this out of principle for the on-disc extras even though they don’t seem all that appealing to me. :wink:

I’m not sure that preordering this is the right call, for me, as Funi has a bad track record with preorders in general, has bumbled a remastered BD release of another 90s show (Lain) and has really blurred the lines of truth in advertising on HD remasters before (Black Lagoon). But that might just be me explaining to myself why I don’t want to part with $35.99 :smile:

How limited is the Amazon LE?

Don’t forget the “remastered” DBZ BDs, which is why I’ll wait for the reviews before buying the regular edition CB BD.
Let someone else be the quinea pig.

I wish I could forget those. I didn’t want to believe that they mutilated the video and I believed that they had extras on the discs that could have been interesting but I was burned on both accounts. :frowning:

I’m all for someone else testing the waters, since I’m not too concerned about the non-LE selling out.

Cowboy Bebop Scavenger Hunt

December 2, 2014

pshhh…too much work.

Agreed.

I wonder if Funi had any input on this scavenger hunt plan. It doesn’t take a genius to see why ANN would want us to turn off our ad-blocker and view bazillions of their pages though :smile:

plus I still haven’t decided if I wanna triple dip…can use that money for something “newer”.

I mean I still haven’t doubled on my Ghibli or other rescued now on BD re-release with rare exceptions.

Fortunately, I didn’t have Bebop, on Home Video, so it worked out. and I just upgraded all the Miyazaki movies I wanted to Blu-Ray this year and only have 1 more left to upgrade (Spirited Away).

Ok finally got my BD regular Edition of Bebop.

Just watched the 1st episode and sound is good (5.1 full channel on both English and Japanese audio tracks), but no color restoration was done to the master , unlike similar releases from VIZ (Ranma 1/2, Sailor Moon) so the colors are a little, I don’t know, maybe Flat, would be an appropriate term. Video quality is good though, just the color, and maybe it’s because ?I’ve never seen Bebop all the way through since I’ve only seen like 3 episodes of it, (well 4 if you count Episode 1 today) I was wondering if Sunrise used a muted color palette to give it that grim and gritty feel to it.

How does the CG look in the remaster?

In the bandai DVDs that I was given, the coloring did leave me with the impression that it was done to be “gritty”.

Just watched up to Ep.9 and the CGI looks good. No distortion / no jaggies, so I’m guessing that Funi got the HD master for the Japanese BD release.

1 Like

Cowboy Bebop Comes to Hulu December 19

Dec 17th 2014
Critically Acclaimed Futuristic Space-Western Anime Series COWBOY BEBOP Comes to Hulu December 19

Hulu Starts Streaming “Cowboy Bebop”

December 21, 2014 12:51pm CST
Following introduction of the series, the complete English dubbed version is set to launch in 2015

2 Likes

The Set List: Top 10 Musical Moments of Cowboy Bebop

3 2 1, Let’s Jam! It’s time for a Cowboy Bebop themed episode of The Set List. This week, I’ve ranked my Top 10 Musical Moments from the legendary jazz-and-blues inspired anime, and you can check them out in the video below! (Please note that we’re still working out html5 functionality for our video player, so for the time being, please bear with our Flash player.)

Since this is Cowboy Bebop we’re talking about, I could have easily made a Top 30 or more moments from the series. I decided to limit myself to one pick per episode of the show, so for instance, “Ave Maria” and “Rain” from Ballad of Fallen Angels could not both be on the list. I also limited my picks to specific instances of music from the show’s official soundtrack, so I couldn’t count the ambient noise and mysterious music of “Toys in the Attic” or “Pierrot Le Fou,” even though both are sublime examples of cinematic scoring. Since the artist behind all these pieces is the composer Yoko Kanno, the “Artist” label under each entry in the video is the vocalist of the song, or if there is no vocalist, The Seatbelts, who are credited with performing nearly all the pieces.

Last but not least, there are spoilers galore for Cowboy Bebop in the video, so consider yourself warned. Now, let the music play!

Click Here to View

1 Like

Why Cowboy Bebop Is One of the Best TV Shows Ever Made

Canadian Figure Skater Kevin Reynolds Performs Routine to Cowboy Bebop’s Tank

posted on 2016-01-25 18:15 EST by Lynzee Loveridge

2 Likes

Nice that he was dressed like Spike, too bad he fell down…

1 Like

Yeah that was a shame. I never would’ve expected a bold selection like Cowboy Bebop’s Tank to be played during Figure Skating but he seemed to make it work just fine in his routine.

There should be more anime songs played during sporting events. I know I’d enjoy that. :slightly_smiling_face:

FEATURE: Cooking With Anime - Beef and Bell Peppers from “Cowboy Bebop”

September 14, 2016 7:05pm CDT
In this flashback to the past, learn how to make tantalizing beef with bell peppers–and yes, it does contain beef

2 Likes

Toonami Announces Expansion And Return Of “Cowboy Bebop”

August 31, 2017 12:30pm CDT