CROSS ANGE Rondo of Angel and Dragon / Tenshi to Ryū no Rondo

CROSS ANGE Rondo of Angel and Dragon/Tenshi to Ryū no Rondo

Genres: action, drama, fantasy
Themes: dragons, dystopia, ecchi, girls with guns, gore, mecha, Racism, Yuri
Objectionable content: Intense
Plot Summary: Humanity has advanced to great heights since it obtained the information technology known as “Mana.” With that nearly magical power, problems like war, food shortages, and pollution have been eliminated. This age of peace and freedom, the Empress Angelese of the Misurugi Empire is a privileged girl with no disabilities. She learns, however, that she is a “Norma,” a kind of human who cannot use Mana and are outcasts of society. Having lost everything, she is sent to an isolated island. There she meets other Normas who ride in humanoid weapons called Para-mails, protecting the world from dragons invaders from another dimension.
Number of Episodes: 25
Vintage: 2014-10-04 to 2015-03-28

ANN Info Page

1 Like

Sunrise Unveils Cross Ange Original TV Anime With 1st Promo

posted on 2014-08-03 09:00 EDT
Nana Mizuki, Eri Kitamura, Yukari Tamura, Mamoru Miyano, Yui Horie, more lead cast, Akiko Shikata scores soundtrack for October anime

Megumi Toyoguchi, Kousuke Toriumi, Michiko Neya Join Cross Ange Anime’s Cast

posted on 2014-09-02 10:00 EDT
Yukana, Mai Fuchigami, Takako Honda, Nao Tōyama, Mariya Ise also join cast for October anime

VIDEO: A Second Look at Sunrise’s Mecha Versus Dragons Anime “Cross Ange”

September 19, 2014 3:23pm CDT
“Gundam SEED” staff contributes to original anime

Megumi Hayashibara, Kouichi Yamadera Join Cross Ange Anime’s Cast

posted on 2014-09-23 08:47 EDT
Ranma ½, Cowboy Bebop co-stars play Ange’s parents; Sunrise series also confirmed as running for half a year

Eri Kitamura Performs Fall TV Anime “Cross Ange” ED Song

October 02, 2014 10:20pm CDT
8th single “Rinrei” hits stores on October 29

Sentai Filmworks Press Release

October 8, 2014

Sentai Filmworks Licenses Cross Ange Rondo of Angel and Dragon

posted on 2014-10-08 14:56 EDT
Sunrise’s fantasy mecha show premiered Sunday

Full PV for Nana Mizuki’s Latest Song “Kindan no Resistance”

October 09, 2014 1:45am CDT
30th single hits stores October 15

Episode one was better than I expected. I think that things were a bit rushed (especially since this show seems to have a higher episode count from the get-go) but I suppose that it probably couldn’t have been helped.

How does the magic-negating power work, I wonder? Can it be employed in an A Certain Magical Index sort of way? The subtitles make me think that the answer is “yes” but the visuals leave me with doubt. I wonder how strong the magic is, since melee weapons and firearms seemed to be rather plentiful.

I suppose this goes without saying but the hilarious rage-rants against this show in ANN’s preview guide completely missed the mark. Perhaps they’ll inspire more people to check this show out. I know that’s why I streamed it.

The ultra low-brow design of the Rider Suits and the overflowing of lolis are really dragging this show down. Shows that pander to lolicons/hebephiles are a dime a dozen and this one would be better if it weren’t one of 'em.

Story/Plot are wanting. Mech design is rather ridiculous due to impracticality, in as much as a flying Robotech-like transforming mecha can be judged on its practicality.

…is “Burn Princess” really the best translation that Crunchy could come up with? It makes no sense and doesn’t really work as an insult, which is its intended usage. Hopefully Sentai will be allowed to use something better. Also making no sense was that scene where the subordinate told “Columbo” that she needed to “rest”: rest what?

English ComicWalker Site Adds Manga of Cross Ange Anime

posted on 2014-10-26 21:00 EDT by Lynzee Loveridge
1st 8 chapters available to read for free

Cross Ange: Rondo of Angel and Dragon coming to Anime Network Online in November

STARTING: November 5th @ 9:00 AM EST / 6:00 AM PST

Episode 5 was interesting and a bit sudden IMO.

BTW, did anyone else have extreme banding issues while watching it on Crunchy? During the scenes on the beach, the visual artifacts were so bad that it was almost like VHS scanlines. In this pic, the white shirt that she has on looks to have stripes due to visual issues.

Ange finally grows up. Although I found her reasons to go back a bit thin. The Flashback with the Commander and Tusk was interesting and Momoka (Ange’s Maid) returns next episode.

IMO, Ange’s transition from what we saw in ep 4 to how she was by the end of ep 5 was pretty sudden. I get that she was on the island for a few days, but she was radically different, compared to the Ange of eps 1-4, on day one of being on the island in ep 5.

It reminded me of Marlene Angel’s character development in Blue Gender, only what took BG ~50% of a show to accomplish was done in a single episode in Cross Ange.

I did like the way that they portrayed Tusk, that while he wasn’t the “ultimate badass” male character he also wasn’t the useless, gynophobic sadsack archetype; he chose to stay tied up by the vines lol.

Episode 1 is live at ANO

How does one get this show to appear on the Crunchyroll app?

Wouldn’t it be easier to ask CrunchyRoll support?

Check your age, CR restricts certain tiles due to age because of content, like Valvrave the Liberator.

I can access all of them on my CR Kindle Fire App (Which is still a version of Android)

Enabled viewing of mature content and age is above minimum on Crunchy but still no dice. :frowning:

Ok, uninstalling and reinstalling app has resolved issue. On other devices, logging out and then back in now works (it didn’t at first, for reasons unknown, hence uninstall).

Perhaps, but where’s the fun in that? :wink: