CROSS ANGE Rondo of Angel and Dragon / Tenshi to Ryū no Rondo

###CROSS ANGE Rondo of Angel and Dragon/Tenshi to Ryū no Rondo

Genres: action, drama, fantasy
Themes: dragons, dystopia, ecchi, girls with guns, gore, mecha, Racism, Yuri
Objectionable content: Intense
Number of Episodes: 25
Vintage: 2014-10-04 to 2015-03-28

Plot Summary: Humanity has advanced to great heights since it obtained the information technology known as “Mana.” With that nearly magical power, problems like war, food shortages, and pollution have been eliminated. This age of peace and freedom, the Empress Angelese of the Misurugi Empire is a privileged girl with no disabilities. She learns, however, that she is a “Norma,” a kind of human who cannot use Mana and are outcasts of society. Having lost everything, she is sent to an isolated island. There she meets other Normas who ride in humanoid weapons called Para-mails, protecting the world from dragons invaders from another dimension.

ANN Info Page

####Official JP Website

####Watch on the Anime Network Online Player

####Watch on Crunchyroll

###Sunrise Unveils Cross Ange Original TV Anime With 1st Promo
posted on 2014-08-03 09:00 EDT
Nana Mizuki, Eri Kitamura, Yukari Tamura, Mamoru Miyano, Yui Horie, more lead cast, Akiko Shikata scores soundtrack for October anime

[size=16]Megumi Toyoguchi, Kousuke Toriumi, Michiko Neya Join Cross Ange Anime’s Cast[/size]
posted on 2014-09-02 10:00 EDT
Yukana, Mai Fuchigami, Takako Honda, Nao Tōyama, Mariya Ise also join cast for October anime

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/09/19/video-a-second-look-at-sunrises-mecha-versus-dragons-anime-cross-ange
September 19, 2014 3:23pm CDT
"Gundam SEED" staff contributes to original anime

[size=20]Megumi Hayashibara, Kouichi Yamadera Join Cross Ange Anime’s Cast[/size]
posted on 2014-09-23 08:47 EDT
Ranma ½, Cowboy Bebop co-stars play Ange’s parents; Sunrise series also confirmed as running for half a year

The staff of Sunrise’s Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryū no Rondo anime announced on Tuesday at the premiere screening of episode one and half of episode two at the Shinjuku Milano theater two new cast members for the series:

Megumi Hayashibara (Ranma ½’s female Ranma, Cowboy Bebop’s Faye) as Empress Sophia Ikaluga Misurugi

Kouichi Yamadera (Ranma ½’s Ryoga, Cowboy Bebop’s Spike) as Emperor Jurai Asuka Misurugi

Both characters appeared in the first episode as Angelese’s parents. The staff also confirmed that the series will last for half a year, or two cours.

Out of ten thousand fans that applied, only one thousand were accepted into the event. The event hosted voice actresses Nana Mizuki (Ange), Yukari Tamura (Hilda), Kaori Ishihara (Rosalie), Yui Ogura (Chris), and Yui Horie (Sara). Eri Kitamura (Salia) was scheduled to appear at the event, but was forced to be absent due to illness. Nana Mizuki also performed an insert song in the first episode, with composition and arrangement by composer and vocalist Akiko Shikata.

Voice actress Yui Horie also commented that she has not recorded her lines for her character yet, as Sara will appear in episodes three and four, but not five and six.

Yoshiharu Ashino (Tweeny Witches) is directing the anime at Sunrise, and Tatsuto Higuchi is handling series composition. Yuusuke Matsuo is providing the concepts for the characters, while Sayaka Ono is designing the characters. Singer and songwriter Akiko Shikata (Ar Tonelico series, Tales of Symphonia the Animation: The United World Episode theme song performance) will be scoring the soundtrack. Nana Mizuki will perform the opening theme song, while Eri Kitamura will perform the ending theme.

The TV anime will premiere on October 4 on Tokyo MX and other related channels.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/10/02/video-eri-kitamura-performs-fall-tv-anime-cross-ange-ed-song
[size=20]Eri Kitamura Performs Fall TV Anime “Cross Ange” ED Song[/size]
8th single “Rinrei” hits stores on October 29
October 02, 2014 10:20pm CDT

King Record has posted a short version promotional video for voice actress/singer Eri Kitamura’s upcoming 8th single “Rinrei (凛麗)” on its official YouTube channel. The title roughly means commanding and beautiful. The song will be used as the ED theme for Sunrise’s new TV robot anime Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryu no Rondo/CROSS ANGE Rondo of Angel and Dragon, in which she also voices one of the main characters, Salia. The OP song “Kindan no Resistance” (Forbidden Resistance) is sung by Nana Mizuki, who plays the protagonist Ange/Angeliese Ikaruga Misurugi. The CD single of “Rinrei” will be released in three editions on October 29.

CROSS ANGE Rondo of Angel and Dragon airs every Sunday starting on October 5 at 2:00am Pacific Time. It will be available in the United States, Canada, and Latin America.

“Rinrei” short PV

Limited edition CD jacket

Regular edition

Anime edition

“CROSS ANGE” latest PV

Press Release

[size=20]Sentai Filmworks Licenses Cross Ange Rondo of Angel and Dragon[/size]
posted on 2014-10-08 14:56 EDT
Sunrise’s fantasy mecha show premiered Sunday

Sentai Filmworks announced on Wednesday that it has licensed Sunrise’s CROSS ANGE Rondo of Angel and Dragon (Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryū no Rondo) anime. The company plans to release the series digitally and on home video.

Sentai Filmworks describes the story:

[quote]Mankind has acquired a highly advanced information technology known as “Mana.” Thanks to this almost magical force war, hunger, pollution, and every other problem on the face of the earth have been conquered. Finally the world is a utopia of peace and luxury. Angelise is the First Princess of the Empire of Misurugi. She also lives a life of luxury, is celebrated by the citizens, and is expected to wear the crown. However, the truth becomes known that she herself is a “Norma.” A “Norma” is someone who cannot use Mana. They are called “Irregulars” and are considered anti-social “things.”

With everything taken away from her, she is sent into isolation on a secluded island. There she meets Norma girls who know of nothing but fighting. They spend their days piloting transforming humanoid weapons called “Para-mails” to hunt giant aggressive life forms called “Dragons” which have invaded from another dimension.

Having lost her name, “Ange” becomes a warrior. But what will she see at the end of her battles?
What is to be trusted?
What is to be gained?
The story of one girl and her determination begins here.[/quote]
Yoshiharu Ashino (Tweeny Witches) is directing the anime at Sunrise, and Tatsuto Higuchi is handling series composition. Yuusuke Matsuo is providing the concepts for the characters, while Sayaka Ono is designing the characters. Singer and songwriter Akiko Shikata (Ar Tonelico series, Tales of Symphonia the Animation: The United World Episode theme song performance) is scoring the soundtrack. Nana Mizuki is performing the opening theme song, while Eri Kitamura is performing the ending theme.

The series premiered on Sunday and Crunchyroll is streaming the series as it airs in Japan. The series will run for half a year.

Episode one was better than I expected. I think that things were a bit rushed (especially since this show seems to have a higher episode count from the get-go) but I suppose that it probably couldn’t have been helped.

How does the magic-negating power work, I wonder? Can it be employed in an A Certain Magical Index sort of way? The subtitles make me think that the answer is “yes” but the visuals leave me with doubt. I wonder how strong the magic is, since melee weapons and firearms seemed to be rather plentiful.

I suppose this goes without saying but the hilarious rage-rants against this show in ANN’s preview guide completely missed the mark. Perhaps they’ll inspire more people to check this show out. I know that’s why I streamed it.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/10/08-1/video-full-pv-for-nana-mizukis-latest-song-kindan-no-resistance

Full PV for Nana Mizuki’s Latest Song “Kindan no Resistance”

October 09, 2014 1:45am CDT
30th single hits stores October 15

Following the 30-second CM four days ago, the official YouTube channel for popular anime voice actress/singer Nana Mizuki today posted a full version promotional video for her upcoming 30th single’s title song “Kindan no Resistance” (Forbidden Resistance). It is now featured as the OP theme song for a 2014 fall TV anime Cross Ange Rondo of Angel and Dragon, in which she also voices the protagonist Ange/Angeliese Ikaruga Misurugi.

The CD single also including “BLUE” (Space Battleship Yamato 2199: Tsuioku no Koukai ED song) and an original song “Dream Rider” will be released in Japan on October 15.

The Cross Ange Rondo of Angel and Dragon TV anime is now available to Crunchyroll’s audience in the United States, Canada, and Latin America.

“Kindan no Resistance” full PV

30-second CM

“Kindan no Resistance” CD jacket photo

“Space Battleship Yamato 2199: Tsuioku no Koukai” CM featuring “BLUE”

The ultra low-brow design of the Rider Suits and the overflowing of lolis are really dragging this show down. Shows that pander to lolicons/hebephiles are a dime a dozen and this one would be better if it weren’t one of 'em.

Story/Plot are wanting. Mech design is rather ridiculous due to impracticality, in as much as a flying Robotech-like transforming mecha can be judged on its practicality.

…is “Burn Princess” really the best translation that Crunchy could come up with? It makes no sense and doesn’t really work as an insult, which is its intended usage. Hopefully Sentai will be allowed to use something better. Also making no sense was that scene where the subordinate told “Columbo” that she needed to “rest”: rest what?

English ComicWalker Site Adds Manga of Cross Ange Anime

[size=19]COMING TO ANIME NETWORK IN NOVEMBER![/size]

[size=19]Watch Cross Ange: Rondo of Angels and Dragons on Anime Network Online[/size]

[size=19]STARTING[/size]

[size=19]November 5th @ 9:00 AM EST / 6:00 AM PST[/size]

Episode 5 was interesting and a bit sudden IMO.

BTW, did anyone else have extreme banding issues while watching it on Crunchy? During the scenes on the beach, the visual artifacts were so bad that it was almost like VHS scanlines. In this pic, the white shirt that she has on looks to have stripes due to visual issues.

Ange finally grows up. Although I found her reasons to go back a bit thin. The Flashback with the Commander and Tusk was interesting and Momoka (Ange’s Maid) returns next episode.

IMO, Ange’s transition from what we saw in ep 4 to how she was by the end of ep 5 was pretty sudden. I get that she was on the island for a few days, but she was radically different, compared to the Ange of eps 1-4, on day one of being on the island in ep 5.

It reminded me of Marlene Angel’s character development in Blue Gender, only what took BG ~50% of a show to accomplish was done in a single episode in Cross Ange.

I did like the way that they portrayed Tusk, that while he wasn’t the “ultimate badass” male character he also wasn’t the useless, gynophobic sadsack archetype; he chose to stay tied up by the vines lol.

[url=http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Cross-Ange-Rondo-of-Angels-and-Dragons/Fallen-Princess/Watch][/url] [b]Episode 01 is now LIVE![/b]

How does one get this show to appear on the Crunchyroll app?

Wouldn’t it be easier to ask CrunchyRoll support?

Check your age, CR restricts certain tiles due to age because of content, like Valvrave the Liberator.

I can access all of them on my CR Kindle Fire App (Which is still a version of Android)