Doctor Who / Class (BBC America)

A pretty good episode last night, though very predictable.

Come on, how could you have not realized the Pandorica was for the Doctor? LOL

My one problem with the last few episodes is not enough Amy. She makes the 11th Doctor a lot easier to take. Though I found the last few episodes a good waste of time. The 11th Doctor just does not have the energy of the 10th.

I agree. I’m not crazy about this Dr. at all, although I am enjoying the stories. I think Amy steals the show most of the time. I do like her character better and would love to see her more involved. I also like the River Song character very much and would like to see more of her as well.

Amazing season finale! It was fantastic! The story was perfect and the music was beautiful. Of course the Dr. could use some dance lessons. And it looks like Amy and Rory are going to have a great honeymoon. I can’t wait till next season! It also looks like River will be coming back as well and will perhaps be playing a bigger part.

Wasn’t it amazing? I love how they even brought back young Amy in the whole paradox universe, double Amy and double Doctor action! Hell, they even made Rory a redeeming character, being the timeless Centurion who protected the Pandorica throughout all the ages. I have a feeling that River is going to play a much bigger role maybe not this upcoming season, but probably starting the season after that. I mean, this is the woman who the Doctor will eventually give his screwdriver to, and the person he’ll be sharing his real name with on down the line.

Amy is easily my favorite companions now. Even better than Rose who they never seemed to have been able to replace except with Rose at the end of season 4. I think Matt Smith will also turn out to be a damn good doctor, a lot of people don’t seem to like him as much as the previous one, but I think in general this doctor is going to be a lot darker. Especially since he’s going to be combined with Moffat as the writer who always seemed to write some of the more chilling and thought provoking episodes in the older seasons.

I like how they left it wide open on who caused it all to start with. It was a very enjoyable season finale.

[spoiler]I thought this season was overall pretty good. Matt Smith had big shoes to fill following Tenant. Although he had moments of brilliance, I thought he was a little too much of a ham. I’ve been a Whovian for a long time and he certainly isn’t the worst Doctor (or the biggest ham). I still have hope that he will continue to grow into the role. Amy and Rory were good companions, but it was the writing that kept me watching, even if it was predictable. I loved how everything connected together at the end with Amy’s wedding. It looks like the next season will follow the doctor’s hunt for who put all of this into motion with Amy and Rory in tow. That’s a first since the reboot, a doctor & a companion making it through more than just one season together.

I really like River Song, but in this season, she has become much darker. That was a very cryptic apology at the end of the finale. During the weeping angels episode she said she killed the best man she knew, or something like that. So, who do you think the best man she knows is?[/spoiler]

shadycat wrote:

[quote][spoiler]I thought this season was overall pretty good. Matt Smith had big shoes to fill following Tenant. Although he had moments of brilliance, I thought he was a little too much of a ham. I’ve been a Whovian for a long time and he certainly isn’t the worst Doctor (or the biggest ham). I still have hope that he will continue to grow into the role. Amy and Rory were good companions, but it was the writing that kept me watching, even if it was predictable. I loved how everything connected together at the end with Amy’s wedding. It looks like the next season will follow the doctor’s hunt for who put all of this into motion with Amy and Rory in tow. That’s a first since the reboot, a doctor & a companion making it through more than just one season together.

I really like River Song, but in this season, she has become much darker. That was a very cryptic apology at the end of the finale. During the weeping angels episode she said she killed the best man she knew, or something like that. So, who do you think the best man she knows is?[/spoiler][/quote]

That’s obvious!

She’s going to kill the Doctor at some point.

dragonrider_cody wrote:

[quote]That’s obvious!

I think so too. That should make quite an interesting story.

shadycat wrote:

[quote]dragonrider_cody wrote:

[quote]That’s obvious!

I think so too. That should make quite an interesting story.[/quote]

You guys are all WRONG!!! She going to kill Amy Husband!!! Thank about it what it said River Song killed an good man. That is what the Bishop said in the weaping Angels episode.

Great season. I enjoyed seeing a new Doctor and can’t wait for the 5 or 6 side stories that are coming out this fall(including The Sarah Jane Adventures).

As for River Song. She is a future companion of the Doctor, so she may very well kill him in the future. Perhaps he goes mad, perhaps she really doesn’t kill him(you know like Rory really wasn’t dead), but she will play a big part in future episodes.
I’ve been watching Dr. Who for over 30 years. Smith is definitely Dr. material. I didn’t think Tenant was as good as Eccleston after his first season, but I was wrong. Of course, no one will ever top Tom Baker for me. He was great.

Slick

Though I hated the Trial of the Time Lord with the 6th doctor, the main villain at the end of it was the 13th doctor. All the evil that was in the doctor manifested in that regeneration. Maybe we will see something like that in the next season?

Oh, are they going to continue Torchwood in someway shape or form? I still have three episodes left in that, but I still want there to be more. ><

I don’t think she necessarily kills the Doctor, since in the 4th season during the library episode when River was introduced and also dies, she said shortly before she went on this adventure the Doctor gave her his screwdriver and that she didn’t pry it off of his dead body and mentioned nothing about him dying. Nor did she say anything about him still being alive either, but that’s beside the point.

I think this doctor overall will be darker though, especially with that dream episode where those parasites infested their minds and took an alternate personality of the Doctor and made him the Dream Lord.

Is there any type of list that tells me what order to watch the old Doctor Who in? Since they’re not really releasing by season, and instead taking groups of episodes and forming them into movie type of mini-collection. This is especially annoying since I have no clue where to start or end, and I’m just kind of watching random sets on netflix right now. They actually have an impressive collection of the old doctor who for anyone curious.

shankajew wrote:

The fourth series of Torchwood will air in 2011 on Starz. Starz has partnered with the BBC to bankroll the new season, which will be produced in the US. Captain Jack, Gwen and Rhys will be back, and there will be some new team members.

Newshawk wrote:

[quote]shankajew wrote:

The fourth series of Torchwood will air in 2011 on Starz. Starz has partnered with the BBC to bankroll the new season, which will be produced in the US. Captain Jack, Gwen and Rhys will be back, and there will be some new team members.[/quote]

Yeah! I love Torchwood, especially Captain Jack.

shankajew wrote:

I think Lists of Doctor Who episodes - Wikipedia has a pretty comprehensive list by season. It also notes which episodes are lost.

Newshawk wrote:

[quote]shankajew wrote:

The fourth series of Torchwood will air in 2011 on Starz. Starz has partnered with the BBC to bankroll the new season, which will be produced in the US. Captain Jack, Gwen and Rhys will be back, and there will be some new team members.[/quote]

I knew there would be a 4th season, but had no idea it would be on Starz. Starz is also looking into picking up Flash Forward.
SLick

Newshawk wrote:

[quote]shankajew wrote:

Damn it now I’m going to have to get Starz. Though probably cheaper to just get the DVD’s when they come out.

psychopuppet wrote:

[quote]Newshawk wrote:

The fourth series of Torchwood will air in 2011 on Starz. Starz has partnered with the BBC to bankroll the new season, which will be produced in the US. Captain Jack, Gwen and Rhys will be back, and there will be some new team members.

Damn it now I’m going to have to get Starz. Though probably cheaper to just get the DVD’s when they come out.[/quote]

Sad but true. I get Encore for free anyway, so I never understood why Starz was so much more expensive than Showtime and HBO. But I have it anyway, so I will definitely be checking it out. You can never have too much Torchwood or John Barrowman. :wink:

There were a lot of bitter fans after “Children of Earth”, so I wonder what they will do to try to bring them back in.

I’m new to this show, as in I just started watching it this season. I think Matt Smith is great as the doctor (despite having no point of reference). I have to say, I’ve liked what I’ve seen so far, despite a few references flying over my newbie head and having to seriously suspend my state of disbelieving. The Vincent van Gogh episode was one of my favorites.